Summon Animation

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Specktro
Brazil

Summon Animation

Post by Specktro » Tue May 05, 2020 4:47 am

I'd like to cast a missil or something like it when casting a new golem... I tried to put revivelarge missile on srvmissile and cltmissile but it casts on character and not on monster like revive... any ideas on how to do it?
Be Xtreme!

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Summon Animation

Post by Cypress » Tue May 05, 2020 2:56 pm

You can put the missile graphics as an overlay, and then activate it as an overlay via sumoverlay. I am assuming that you only want the missile for the graphical effect, otherwise it'll require a bit of a more involved solution. You can also give the golem a state that launches the missile (see restinpeace in particular; corpseexp also does this with its function, but it also releases blood droplets), although these are only client side, so this will also only be useful if you only want it for the graphical effect.

Magiczny
Poland

Post by Magiczny » Mon May 11, 2020 11:17 am

Hey!

I am not sure what your goal is, but I conclude that it is a golem animation projectile or a projectile that works in the indicated place, just like the golem at the summoning.

If you want to commit a golem bullet, you must find ladiks and UberListFile.txt to find the golem files in game .mpq files.
Export its files and find .dcc with "WL" (means animation during movement). Copy and paste this animation into

Code: Select all

Data/ .../ Missiles/
and change the name you want. Enter this name in the selected shell in CelFile. Ready!

Now, if you want to commit a bullet that causes injuries at the point of view, I recommend reading:
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=29595;

And if you want to commit a golem callback, take a look at the function:

1/-/1/6
in Missiles.txt.

Is this what you need? :scatter:

Peace!
:blizzspin: Join my group on facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/groups/D2lodmodding/ :blizzspin:

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Thu May 14, 2020 5:52 pm

Cypress wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:56 pm
You can put the missile graphics as an overlay, and then activate it as an overlay via sumoverlay. I am assuming that you only want the missile for the graphical effect, otherwise it'll require a bit of a more involved solution. You can also give the golem a state that launches the missile (see restinpeace in particular; corpseexp also does this with its function, but it also releases blood droplets), although these are only client side, so this will also only be useful if you only want it for the graphical effect.
Yep, just aesthetic... I mean, when we summon a "revive" with necro, it casts a "revivelarge" missile and the monster shows up... I have my new golem summonin all of a sudden without this "call" missile, and when I put a missile on skill it cast this missile on the necro... not on golem's summon place...

I'll try overlay...
Be Xtreme!

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Thu May 14, 2020 5:54 pm

Magiczny wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:17 am
Hey!

I am not sure what your goal is, but I conclude that it is a golem animation projectile or a projectile that works in the indicated place, just like the golem at the summoning.

If you want to commit a golem bullet, you must find ladiks and UberListFile.txt to find the golem files in game .mpq files.
Export its files and find .dcc with "WL" (means animation during movement). Copy and paste this animation into

Data/ .../ Missiles/
and change the name you want. Enter this name in the selected shell in CelFile. Ready!

Now, if you want to commit a bullet that causes injuries at the point of view, I recommend reading:

1/-/1/6
in Missiles.txt.

Peace!
Haha thanks for the reply... Not actualy what I was looking for but nice anyway, a monster shooting skill...
Be Xtreme!

Magiczny
Poland

Post by Magiczny » Fri May 15, 2020 8:46 am

Specktro wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:54 pm
Magiczny wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:17 am
Hey!

Data/ .../ Missiles/

1/-/1/6
in Missiles.txt.

Peace!
Haha thanks for the reply... Not actualy what I was looking for but nice anyway, a monster shooting skill...

Hey!

Thanks for the answer!

Still wondering what you needed? I don't really understand what it was ...

I will be grateful for your response.

Peace!
:blizzspin: Join my group on facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/groups/D2lodmodding/ :blizzspin:

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Sat May 16, 2020 2:35 am

Magiczny wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:46 am

Thanks for the answer!

Still wondering what you needed? I don't really understand what it was ...

I will be grateful for your response.

Peace!

I want to cast a missile, and this missile becomes the monster I want to summon... I did this for test monsters, I created a skill using a missile with SrvFunc 6, so I cast a missile, and it becomes a hostile monster...

CHAR ------------> Monster
_______^^^^
_______Missile

But I want in my golem cast animation, I'm doing it with overlay now and soon I answer if it works...

I apologize for my sux english :lol:
Be Xtreme!

Magiczny
Poland

Post by Magiczny » Tue May 26, 2020 8:47 am

Specktro wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:35 am
I want to cast a missile, and this missile becomes the monster I want to summon... I did this for test monsters, I created a skill using a missile with SrvFunc 6, so I cast a missile, and it becomes a hostile monster...
Hey!

In my opinion, you need to open MonStats.txt and set the monster as an ally.

Peace!

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Sun May 31, 2020 1:12 am

Magiczny wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:47 am
Specktro wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:35 am
Hey!

In my opinion, you need to open MonStats.txt and set the monster as an ally.

Peace!
Thanks for the reply...
Yeah I know that, actualy I was just using this skill as exemple... The missile thing was what I needed..
Found out that the monster summon animation was the problem, like a TR for when the monster "appears"...
Made it and its all good now...
Be Xtreme!

Return to “General Mod Making”