Spawn minions of destruction in other level

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Icehammer
Chile

Spawn minions of destruction in other level

Post by Icehammer » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:13 am

Hey, guys!
I'm a bit new in the modding area but im getting all the basic stuff and now i wanna spawn other monsters than the ones used in A5 Hell1, Hell2 and Hell3.
I know that i have to change some codes in the levels.txt MonX column and i've tried with "hellbovine" and works very well. If i change it to "baalminion1" (i guess that's the code for minions of destruction) the game doesn't show any monster in any of the 3 levels.

¿What am i doing wrong? ¿Does the minion of destruction have a special code that i cannot find in monstat.txt or i have to create a new code/find them in another file?

¡Thanks for your answers!

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Spawn minions of destruction in other level

Post by Cypress » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:43 pm

kb/viewarticle?a=360
Check the Enabled, IsSpawn and Rarity columns. Monsters that are not spawned in the normal, level-generating way usually have at least one of these set to 0.

Icehammer
Chile

Re: Spawn minions of destruction in other level

Post by Icehammer » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:18 am

Cypress wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:43 pm
kb/viewarticle?a=360
Check the Enabled, IsSpawn and Rarity columns. Monsters that are not spawned in the normal, level-generating way usually have at least one of these set to 0.
works great!
Thanks, Cypress!

Return to “General Mod Making”