Charms don't give bonuses

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Devangell
Belgium

Charms don't give bonuses

Post by Devangell » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:18 am

Hello everyone

I've been making a mod for quite some time, added many new uniques etc... Everything worked fine untill now, that none of my charms (magic, rare or unique) give me the bonuses off of it. It has a red background (same as when you don't meet the requirements ofr an item), yet my character is at highest level so basically the charms would give me the stats, but they don't.
I put a picture below to show the problem.

ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/0f6d1a549956 ... 4bad2e.jpg

Any other item works perfect, except for the charms.
Is there someone who can help me out with this? Been looking for hours but I can't seem to find the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Whaag
Germany

Re: Charms don't give bonuses

Post by Whaag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Greetings :)
Did you flag your charms as charms in your ItemTypes.txt. There should be a "1" in the charms column.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:57 pm

The only thing I can think of that would cause that is if you are using a charmzone plugin/code edit. Are you using the Basemod plugin? If so, you might want to check the charmzone settings and make sure it is not enabled, or to expand the charmzone area if it is enabled and encapsulating only a small or non-existent area.

Devangell
Belgium

Post by Devangell » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:53 pm

Thank you both for the answers! It appeared to be the Basemod plugin that caused the problem, so I disabled the charmzone.
What is the use of this charmzone anyway?

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:05 am

To limit the number of charms that will give a bonus in your inventory, it doesn't make a sense to have full inventory enabled for charms, especially after increasing inventory, game balance isn't the same then, but that's compared to vanilla inventory.

Since you are doing your mod it is up to you how you will balance the charms, right.

Return to “General Mod Making”