Cube recipe for a normal/basic item?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

flyspray091
Australia

Cube recipe for a normal/basic item?

Post by flyspray091 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:29 pm

I was trying to make recipes that transmute a weap/armor to either normal, exceptional, or elite, but the normal one doesn't work. Exceptional and elite recipes work fine, but there's some kind of problem with the normal one. The recipe looks like this:

weap,any + tsc + isc = usetype,bas

armo,any + tsc + isc = usetype,bas

The ingredients are just placeholders to make sure there's no conflict with any other recipe. Should be extremely simple, but it doesn't work. The cube transmutes, but the item remains the same. Any idea what's going wrong?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Cube recipe for a normal/basic item?

Post by Cypress » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 pm

I believe you would have to manually add in each recipe yourself if you want to downgrade to the base item (I tested it myself and could find no way of easily doing it, and this thread suggests the same). Considering cubemain.txt has a very, very high limit, you could definitely go and add each recipe yourself by hand, but it would probably take an hour or two to implement.

flyspray091
Australia

Re: Cube recipe for a normal/basic item?

Post by flyspray091 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:47 pm

Ah, that's a good idea. Thanks!

Return to “General Mod Making”