Help with recipes!

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Devangell

Help with recipes!

Post by Devangell » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:08 am

Hello

So I made a Mystery Chest and when you cube them, you get any 3 items depending on the output I made in cubemain.txt.
By far everything works fine but for unique and set items. I have made chests for each difficulty, giving base items in normal, exceptional in nightmare and elite in hell.
In cubemain.txt I put the chest code as input and in output, for example, I put 3 unique weapons. So i type in 'weap,uni,bas' for each output but when I make the recipe in game, I get 3 uniques of any grade. When I type in 'weap,bas,uni' as output, I get 3 weapons of any quality, any grade....

How can I fix this so I get three unique base weapons from this recipe?

Thanks in advance!

Grtz

Cypress

Re: Help with recipes!

Post by Cypress » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:16 pm

I played around with the recipes a bit and can't find a way to get it to do that purely through cubemain.txt. It seems like the recipes will only be constrained by ilvl, not by the grade of the item, regardless of bas/exc/eli. A way to work around this would be to create new itemtypes.txt item equivs and groups such that the outputs are constrained by the specific grade and/or of a specific subset of items. So for example, if you want to be able to roll for all normal-grade unique weapons, then you'd need to put every single normal-grade weapon into its own itemtype group (note that in weapons.txt/armors.txt there are the type/type2 columns, which connect to itemtypes.txt; notably, type2 is empty, giving you space to fill in extra itemtypes for each given item). Also note that if there isn't a unique or set for an item, then it will instead generate a rare or magic item, respectively. So if you want to only generate uniques/sets that exist, you'd have to limit the itemtype groupings such that items without unique/set counterparts are not included in a grouping.

Devangell

Post by Devangell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:56 pm

Yeah, I've been testing all different recipes but nothing works as I want. So I will try the idea you say about giving a second type to the items. Never thought of it before but I think that might work.
Thanks a lot!

kain_abel_666
Canada

Post by kain_abel_666 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Also make sure you set nolimit to 1 in uniqueitems.txt or you'll end up rolling rares as well, if the player uses more than one per game or if the item it is trying to roll has already dropped that game.
Banished to the space between worlds

Devangell

Post by Devangell » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:57 pm

Yes, nolimit is already set to 1. I managed to get it to work perfectly. Thanks for the help

Return to “General Mod Making”