One recipe per game

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Devangell

One recipe per game

Post by Devangell » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello

I would like to know if it's possible to make a recipe that can only be made once per game.
Or is it possible to make monsters and bosses re-spawn more than once per game?

Grtz

EzechielP
Paladin
Austria

Re: One recipe per game

Post by EzechielP » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi

I think the once per game recipe is possible if you create a hidden item stat which is checked for
(see viewtopic.php?t=16632 for cubemain op column codes)

However... I think this only works if the item is equipped or if it is a charm and in the players inventory and depending on what you are going for this might not be sufficient.
Back from the dreaded realms of... the outside world ;)

I'll keep my old account name but just as an FYI you are more likely to find me as dEmergence nowadays across other platforms.

EzechielP a.k.a dEmergence
--------
My first attempt at a mod back in the day... good times: FAITH-Mod Discussion

Devangell

Post by Devangell » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:51 pm

The hidden stat works if that item still exists, or is being used. But I should've been more specific in my post :D : I have a recipe that when you transmute one specific ring, it opens up a portal to a cave and so the rings disappears. To prevent making that portal again in the same game (and entering an empty cave, after clearing it the first time), I wanted to know if there's a way to make it so that only once per game that recipe can be made.

Cypress

Post by Cypress » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:53 pm

You could make it so that the portal can only be opened in a specific, hostile (non-town) area, and this area has a monster that applies a state upon the killer for ~5-10 seconds that allows creation of the portal by giving a temporary stat bonus (the stat which is required to open the portal). Since this monster would only spawn once per game and can only apply the state to a single player, it wouldn't really be possible to create another portal in time.

Return to “General Mod Making”