Disable or nerf/change rejuvenation potions

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

steiner

Disable or nerf/change rejuvenation potions

Post by steiner » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi guys!

Is it possible to somehow nerf/change or disable both standard rejuvenation pots in the game? Version 1.13d
I just want to make my mod a little harder and prevent or make worthless spamming of these two and only make hp and mana potions viable.

Tried multiple things in misc.txt

Tried reducing 35 and 100 in "stat1" and "stat2", but it has no effect on the amount healed.
Tried to convert rejuvenations to use the same code in every field (except "type") as hp potions, but this results in weird bug where all potions - both rejuvenations and all hp and mana pots become unusable and can't be right-click consumed anymore.

Are they hardcoded in the executable?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Re: Disable or nerf/change rejuvenation potions

Post by jessedazebra » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:08 pm

You can prevent them from dropping in treasureclassex.txt. Just remove "rvl" and "rvs" codes from there.
kb/viewarticle?a=368 - here's all needed info. ;)

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Changing the calc columns is enough is to nerf them.

If this has no affect, then that leads me to suspect you are not properly rebuilding your bin files.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

steiner

Post by steiner » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:43 pm

HarvestWombs wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:18 pm
Changing the calc columns is enough is to nerf them.

If this has no affect, then that leads me to suspect you are not properly rebuilding your bin files.
Rebuilding via -direct -txt as usual and then repacking into Patch_D2.mpq as usual both bin and txt files.
I just tried it again and every other change I've done in Misc.txt has manifested successfully, except for stat1 stat2 changes for both rejuv pots, so I don't think its about packing. Something fishy with the coding of these two.

:(

steiner

Post by steiner » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:50 pm

jessedazebra wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:08 pm
You can prevent them from dropping in treasureclassex.txt. Just remove "rvl" and "rvs" codes from there.
kb/viewarticle?a=368 - here's all needed info. ;)
That's an interesting solution, will this also prevent rejuvs from being found by skills like Find Potion for Barb?

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:58 pm

steiner wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:50 pm
That's an interesting solution, will this also prevent rejuvs from being found by skills like Find Potion for Barb?
No, Find Potion is surely hardcoded, it picks potions from a table somewhere in code, not sure where.

steiner

Post by steiner » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Finally found a solution!

Instead of messing with pSpell, which is probably hardcoded for those two and is causing a bug, I have set "usable" to 0 and removed both "spelldesc" and "spelldescstr", also set "autobelt" to 0. Both pots became unusable and with no details.

Now I'm just going to call them something fancy and market as sellable loot to vendors :)

eleriaqueen
France

Post by eleriaqueen » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:37 am

steiner wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:46 pm
Hi guys!

Is it possible to somehow nerf/change or disable both standard rejuvenation pots in the game? Version 1.13d
Tried reducing 35 and 100 in "stat1" and "stat2", but it has no effect on the amount healed.
Are they hardcoded in the executable?
Hello, changing 100 to 50 (or 25) totally works here, no issue, amount healed is that percent.
That's one of the recent things I changed in my Mod, made Rejuv heal 25% HP and 40 % Mana, Full Rejuv 50 % HP and 80 % Mana.

Return to “General Mod Making”