Adding an additional projectile to bonespear

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

cabbage

Adding an additional projectile to bonespear

Post by cabbage » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 am

Hi,

I've tried a couple of things, such as copying Teeth's skill and primary missile to have the same type of targeting, (close to character > spread, away > close), but I still can't even add the additional projectiles to BSpear.

Can anyone give me a high level of whether this is possible? Feels like I'm missing a function to support additional projectiles in the skill.

Thanks,

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Adding an additional projectile to bonespear

Post by Cypress » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Yes, that is definitely possible. In this case specifically, you'd want to look at Teeth's srvdofunc, cltdofunc and calcs. Note that the srvmissile/cltmissile behave the same regardless of what functions you use (with a few exceptions), it is srvmissilea/cltmissilea-d that gain special behaviors like additional missiles (Teeth, Multiple Shot), automatic positioning on enemies (Fist of the Heavens), chaining (Chain Lightning, Lightning Strike), lock-on (Guided Arrow, Bone Spirit), oscillating movement (Charged Strike, Charged Bolt), random-ish movement (Tornado).

cabbage

Re: Adding an additional projectile to bonespear

Post by cabbage » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 pm

Thank you so much for the detailed answer!
At some point, I (thought I) copied the entirety of Teeth subbing the missile for bonespear, but I messed it up. Worked like a charm now!

Return to “General Mod Making”