Need help with cube recipes

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

HashCasper

Need help with cube recipes

Post by HashCasper » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:58 pm

Hi guys, I am in dire need of your expertise and skill!

I created a magic harvester and extractor. Cube any mag,rar,set,uni item to destroy the item and add its magic power to a harvester. Cube any item + harvester + rar,set,uni shard to get rar,set,uni version of that item. However, I've some issues:

I'd like to get the rar,set, or uni version of the item.

If I make:

input1= "weap"
input2=ib1
input3=mh3

output="usetype,rar"
outputb=usetype,mod
b1mod = magharv
b1modmin/max = -1

What I expect is weapon to turn into rare, ib1 magharv counter goes down -1, and mh3 disappears in cube transmuation. However, the recipe does not work. Nothing happens.

If I make:

input1= ib1
input2="weap"
input3=mh3

output="usetype,mod"
mod1= magharv
mod1min/max = -1
outputb="weap,rar"

then magharv counter goes -1, mh3 disappears *these both work fine*, and I am left with 1 random rare weapon instead of the original weapon type.

I can't seem to figure this one out. Please advise. I would like to decrease the magharv counter AND turn an item into is rar,set,uni version if available.

Currently, with
input1= ib1
input2="weap"
input3=mh3

output="usetype,mod"
mod1= magharv
mod1min/max = -1
outputb="weap,rar"

I get random items. Please advise. Thank you guys.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

kain_abel_666
Canada

Re: Need help with cube recipes

Post by kain_abel_666 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:40 pm

First, "weap" won't work by itself make a separate one for magic rare unique norm, all the types you want to work second, Usetype is coded to read from input1 type. And won't work for input 2. Your best bet it to make seperate items for the harvesters depending on the value you with to simulate.
I've stayed quite a while and heard what you have to say. Now it is time for the real Kain to emerge.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:03 pm

Thank you for replying, sir!

In 1.10 it is possible to do up to three outputs, where those outputs refer to the input 1 to 3 fields (This means what fields are used if tokens like "usetype" and the like are used).

so input1 is weap, input 2 is ib3 (magic collector) and input3 is rare shard (mh1)

output="usetype,rar" so output should hit input1 which is weap and use it's type to create a rar item.

output b b mod 1 mix max
"usetype,mod" magharv -1 -1

output b should hit ib3 (collecter with magharv stat) which is decreased by 1.

But that isn't happening.

I am re reading your post and trying to understand based on my level of knowledge.

Do you mean that instead of input1 being "weap" it should be like "weap,any" or "any,weap" or should they be like "weap,mag", "armo,mag", "weap,rar", "armo,rar"?

Code: Select all

Magic Rare Ext.	1			100	15	428	1		3	"armo,any"	ib3	mh1					"usetype,rar"																													"usetype,mod"				magharv			-1	-1																																																		0
Let's take an example row.

How shall I modify this. I am sorry if I'm being too inquisitive or pedantic. My brain is a bit slow.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

kain_abel_666
Canada

Post by kain_abel_666 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Try to avoid using "any" as sometimes it gives unexpected results. Instead make multiple lines for each quality
Ex "armo,mag" , "armo,rar" , etc
No matter what output you use it will always take input1 as Usetype or useitem afaik
I've stayed quite a while and heard what you have to say. Now it is time for the real Kain to emerge.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:56 am

I am happy to report that I have it working. I went to armor.txt and weapons.txt and copied the code columns for both files, and created a quality for each item, rar, set, uni.

input1 is ib3(magic collector)
input2 is armor.txt/weapons.txt/code column
input3 is mh1,mh2,mh3 respectively for rar,set,uni

Now it works as I wanted, with one additional feature.

If a set/uni for that item code does not exist, it will just spit out a normal magic item.

One day eventually I will have to make a uniq and set for each item in game, but that's a tedious task for another day. For now, this is fine.

Thanks, guys!

Return to “General Mod Making”