I need another help with socket set up

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

jaeyun3576532

I need another help with socket set up

Post by jaeyun3576532 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm

This is the problem now that I decreased every item size 1X1 and it seems like limit of socket number is 1
So.... this is my question that can I increase number of sockets only editing with text files without editing some other dll or source files?
Coz I saw there is an option says item_numsockets under itemstatcost text file, so I might can try with that
Plz help me :cry:

Devangell
Belgium

Re: I need another help with socket set up

Post by Devangell » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello

I don't think it's possible to make an item have more sockets then it's actual size.
The max amount of sockets an item can have is set in armor.txt, weapon.txt and itemtypes.txt but it is still affected by the item size.
If you, for example, set the max sockets for boots to 6, it will only spawn with 4 as the size is 2x2 by default. If you change it to 2x3 it will have 6 sockets.
Conclusion, amount of sockets depends on the item size set in armor.txt and weapon.txt.

The 'option' you mention, 'item_numsockets' is a stat used by the property 'sock' in order to make items socketable. So this won't change anything since it's based on the item size.

I could be wrong in this but as for as I know you won't be able to achieve what you want.

Grtz

jaeyun3576532

Post by jaeyun3576532 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:41 pm

Yeah... I think so same coz I've heard that system base is made to have only 1 socket for 1X1 size
I was just wondering if there is an easier way to achieve that goal without editing dll or source files, but I guess I need to change system base with coding if I want to achieve that
Anyways, thanx for your reply
Last edited by jaeyun3576532 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaeyun3576532

Post by jaeyun3576532 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:44 pm

Yeah... I think so same coz I've heard that system base is made to have only 1 socket for 1X1 size
I was just wondering if there is an easier way to achieve that goal without editing dll or source files, but I guess I need to change system base with coding if I want to achieve that
Anyways, thanx for your reply

Return to “General Mod Making”