after editing TreasureClassEx drops are really weird.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

kudorgyozo
Hungary

after editing TreasureClassEx drops are really weird.

Post by kudorgyozo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:59 pm

Hi, This is my first ever attempt at modding the game. I've modified itemratio.txt and it's definitely working. All I'm getting are uniques and rares (Maybe I need to tone that down a bit). What I wanted next is to also have runes. I modified the runes to look like this:

And modified countess to drop higher runes:

Result:

Countess doesn't drop anything anymore. But I'm getting super and greater potions in act 1 normal, sometimes nightmare and hell variants of some items. I'm level 20-ish. After I double checked everything and made sure I didn't modify anything else I also tried to just extract the TreasureClassEx file from the mpq, literally don't modify anything in the file, just do a save and add it back to the mpq. The result is the same. No runes from countess, super potions in act-1 normal.
While I was testing this no other txt files were modified.

I'm playing with project d2 and I'm using plugy. I extract the files from patch_d2.mpq using MpqView. I'm modifying them using AFJ SHeet. Run the game using -direct -txt. I add them back together with the bin into the mpq using mpq2k.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way?

Thanks.

kain_abel_666
Canada

Re: after editing TreasureClassEx drops are really weird.

Post by kain_abel_666 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:50 pm

The item lvl and her mlvl are not meshing. You can't just force her to drop items that she couldn't possible have at her level. If you want the rune to drop than you need to go into misc.txt and modify their level so that they are at or below her level.
I've stayed quite a while and heard what you have to say. Now it is time for the real Kain to emerge.

kudorgyozo
Hungary

Re: after editing TreasureClassEx drops are really weird.

Post by kudorgyozo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Thanks, I see that now, don't know why I didn't thought about that.

Return to “General Mod Making”