iLvl > 99 Issues

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

DragonlorSCB
United States of America

iLvl > 99 Issues

Post by DragonlorSCB » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:45 pm

So I have a mod that goes up to character level 200. Hell difficulty is levels 100+ and Elite items are generally all set to levels 100+.

Elite items never drop which leads me to think there's an issue with items beyond level 99. Plugy won't list an iLvl over 99 which is probably just a limitation of plugy. Level 99 feels like an odd limitation when 127 would make more sense (especially considering vanilla D2 has level 110 items). I looked at ItemStatCost and I don't see anything specifically tied to item level (just things like level requirement to equip) so I'm not sure what to raise there if that's even the solution.

Is there an iLvl cap and what do I change to get it in line with my character level cap of 200?

Conqueror
Argentina

Re: iLvl > 99 Issues

Post by Conqueror » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:09 pm

The maximum of iLvl is 127, the limit of the char variable (signed char int, -128; 127).

In BLSS I have a maximum level of 200, but internally I have 2 levels:
One for items and one for characters and monsters.
In the items I do a weighting of Levels with respect to Vanilla (approximately) to achieve an adaptable level.
Example: iLvl 70 == Lvl 138, iLvl 110 == Lvl 200, iLvl 1 == Lvl 1, etc.

Then for the LevelReq Stat there is no problem because the maximum is what you want (it is edited from ISC), in my case I set it 8 bits unsigned (255 maximum) because I will never put levels higher than 200, so that's fine. I think that in Vanilla this stat is 7 Bit unsigned (127 maximum)

DragonlorSCB
United States of America

Re: iLvl > 99 Issues

Post by DragonlorSCB » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:51 pm

So I take it iLvl cannot be increased beyond 127?

So I'll have to adjust my iLvls and change the level req bit to 8 so I can keep requirements above 127.

I assume that I need to cap my magic prefixes and suffixes at 127 as well? (with level requirements being higher)

Does the iLvl cap effect Treasure Class levels at all? Do I need to cap my treasure class levels at 127 as well?

Return to “General Mod Making”