item prob in atomicTC

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

ftaru17

item prob in atomicTC

Post by ftaru17 » Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 am

what is the column [rarity] in armor/weapons/misc.txt?
isn't it wrong to calculate TC probs on the column [rarity] from itemtypes.txt, not from armor/weapons/misc?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: item prob in atomicTC

Post by Cypress » Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 pm

According to the guides for weapons.txt/armor.txt, rarity only affects the drops from racks. However, from my own testing I found no differences in the drop rate from racks (only the seed, bitfield and seed-manipulation factors seem to change the drops), but I'm probably wrong since I barely tested this. Regardless, it does not seem to affect the drop rate of items from the atomicTC.

In itemtypes.txt, rarity modifies the chance of that item type dropping from atomicTC (you can prove this to yourself by setting Sword rarity=100 and giving Blood Moor monsters a treasureclass that only drops from weap3, this will make them give up tons of Short Swords). Though this is awkward since it seems to affect all items of the given type.

However, it might be possible to work around this by giving each weapon/armor its own itemtype with its own rarity, and then grouping them all under their old itemtypes. For example, you could make w001, w002, w003, etc for short sword, scimitar, saber, etc and all w001-w### have an equiv1 connecting to swor, the code for the sword item type. In this way, you could modify the rarity of each weapon/armor individually. Note that I haven't actually tested this, so it might have unexpected consequences.

ftaru17

Post by ftaru17 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:33 pm

Cypress,
ok. thanks for the explanation ...
although... there is a [rarity] column in misc.bin too, but rings/amulets etc. do nor drop from racks (as far as i remember)
anyway i have already rewritten the algorithm from [http://mfb.bplaced.net/dropcalc/dropcalc.php] onto c# for my stasher's loot calcculator (it read all data directly from the game files unlike others)

jerk-o
United States of America

Post by jerk-o » Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 am

I think the Rarity column also affects what item gets picked when TreasureClassEx.txt tells the game to drop an item from one of the autoTC entries. An easy way to test this would be to open ItemTypes.txt, scroll down to the "Class Specific" line, change the entry in the rarity column to 99, and then run around act 1 normal mode and check what's dropping.
(\ /) This is Bunny.
(o.o) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(><) him on his way to world domination

Return to “General Mod Making”