Transform to Bloodraven

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

kulasdq
United States of America

Transform to Bloodraven

Post by kulasdq » Tue May 04, 2021 6:24 pm

Hello, I tried to make my character transform to bloodraven. I followed the tutorial on the site, created a new state in the State.txt (I used gfxclass 267), then added this state to runeword Ice. So when I equipped my character with Ice, she transformed to the vanilla dark rogue, not blookraven. And she doesn't even have a bow in her hands eventhough she can still shoot arrows and use skills. If I give to A1 rogue, she also changed to dark rogue, but there's a bow in her hands. I think I must have missed something. So what should I do if I want the transformation looks exactly like bloodraven.

Thanks.

kulasdq
United States of America

Re: Transform to Bloodraven

Post by kulasdq » Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi, I checked your tutorial, but I dont have a monster folder in Data\global. I extracted my Patch_D2.mpq, I did see a monster folder under global folder. But within that folder, I only saw an OY folder. and within that OY folder, I only saw Cof folder and TR folder...

kulasdq
United States of America

Post by kulasdq » Wed May 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi, I found the Monster/CR folder in D2Data.
so I used monstats2.txt for reference to find the equipment that bloodraven uses. For example, shes has 'brv' for 'HD' in monstats2. So I went to the HD folder, there are multiple ddc files that have 'brv' in the names, such as CRHDBRVA11HS, CRHDbrvA1bow, CRHDBRVBL1HS, etc. So do I need to make a copy of all of those files and rename them to LIT per your tutorial?
------------------------------------------
You have to find the files with the "LSD" (LongSworD) part, for example CRRHLSDNU1HS , and then change LSD to LIT ("light" animation).
-----------------------------------------
And do you mean I need to change 'CRHDBRVA11HS' to 'LIT' or to 'CRHDLITA11HS.'?

After copying and renaming the files, do I need to do anything with monstats2.txt?

Sorry if the questions seem to be stupid. Thanks

kulasdq
United States of America

Post by kulasdq » Thu May 06, 2021 5:33 pm

and after renaming the ddc file, where do i save the file? in the same folder, there's already a ddc named LIT
for example, if i change CRHDBRVA11HS to CRHDLITA11HS, but the folder already has a ddc named CRHDlitA11HS...
Please elaborate a bit..

Return to “General Mod Making”