BH {filtered}, add custom items

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

bakerboy
United States of America

BH {filtered}, add custom items

Post by bakerboy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:02 am

Playing a mod with BH and working on an item filter. The filter throws errors on the item codes added to the game. Is there a way to add them to BH so it will allow filtering?

Thank you
Attachments
BHerror.PNG

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: BH {filtered}, add custom items

Post by Necrolis » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:04 am

We don't officially support map hacks here, but since the focus is on the loot filter:
I'd suggest having a look at its source code on GH, there is a section dealing with preset item codes (basically a giant table of pre-computed attributes for each item), IIRC you'd need to expand that.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

bakerboy
United States of America

Re: BH {filtered}, add custom items

Post by bakerboy » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:54 am

Its been a while but did figure out that the loot filter for BH. It looks at the .txt files for all its information, item types (codes) along with prefix and suffix properties. Adding in any item codes into misc.txt will allow that item to be filtered. I have not messed with item properties but it will spit out a property code that you could figure out what it is.

Thank you for the heads up on looking at the source code, thats where I was able to track my issue down.

Return to “General Mod Making”