Disabling sellable items to vendors

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

strafano

Disabling sellable items to vendors

Post by strafano » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:49 am

Hello!
How to disable certain items (e.g. all weapons) to be sold TO (not from) vendors?
Also, would this change alter the cost of repair/recharge?

kain_abel_666
Canada

Re: Disabling sellable items to vendors

Post by kain_abel_666 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:03 am

The only way to stop items from being able to be sold - at least in the text - is by making them quest items - ques in type2 column in weapons.txt, afaik but that will also make them no longer purchasable either.

Not sure how this would affect your repair costs.
I've stayed quite a while and heard what you have to say. Now it is time for the real Kain to emerge.

Cypress
Paladin

Post by Cypress » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:20 pm

I believe it is actually the ques column which determines that, and you still can purchase an item if it has ques>0. Although it is awkward since the items will have gold text, which will hide the true quality of the item. Wirt's Leg is a hardcoded exception, able to display the item quality without the golden override.

strafano

Post by strafano » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:50 pm

I tried to insert into type2 column of weapons.txt the term ques. However the weapons are still sellable. Should I modify anything else?

Return to “General Mod Making”