Any way to make a skill spawn two missiles, but the second missile is spawned later than the first one?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Question

Any way to make a skill spawn two missiles, but the second missile is spawned later than the first one?

Post by Question » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:52 pm

Basically im trying to make the "claws of thunder" skill spawn "clawsofthunderbolt" (the charged bolts) a few frames after "clawsofthundernova" (the nova), because "nextdelay" on the missiles prevent the target from being damaged by the charged bolts after being hit by the nova. Removing the next delay causes other problems like the target being hit multiple times by the nova or charged bolts.

I thought "InitStep" and "Activate" were used to make the missile spawn slower, but changing these values to 10 (for 10 frames) has no discernible effect, the charged bolts still cant hit the target due to the "nextdelay" on the nova (set to 4 frames).

Another idea that I had was to make the nova spawn the charged bolts as a submissile, but the problem still remains...how do you make the nova spawn the submissile a few frames slower instead of immediately?

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I took a look at the missile function guide but i do not see anything that talks about this...(not sure why i was told to check there). The charged bolt entry there only mentions you can change the number of missiles.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Any way to make a skill spawn two missiles, but the second missile is spawned later than the first one?

Post by Cypress » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 pm

This is entirely unrelated to what you want, but personally I'd just remove nextdelay from the clawsofthunderbolt. It won't become overpowered and would make it shotgun just like the other two charged bolt skills

For an actual answer, you can delay release by using moltenboulderemerge.
[moltenboulderemerge] Missile that subreleases hitsubmissile1 in the same direction it is moving once and clthitsubmissile1 up to 5 times either in front or behind the missile, applying a bouncing effect to each subreleased clthitsubmissile1
(hit1,pclthitfunc=53,psrvhitfunc=48)
So you would want to spawn a missile using the moltenboulderemerge functions, and then set that missile to release the hitsubmissile1/clthitsubmissile1=clawsofthundernova.

Return to “General Mod Making”