Does not meet the parameter

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Boge42
United States of America

Does not meet the parameter

Post by Boge42 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 am

I've recently installed PlugY, PD2, D2DX, and Basemod. Everything is working great. However, I have some custom recipes I'd love to add to my experience. From what I understand, when you're using the data folder with .txt files, they ignore the .mpq file. So I either need to rip all the PD2 mpq files and run with a date folder instead, or I need to modify the recipes in the mpq file and recompile it.

I thought I was doing it okay with MPQeditor. I can extract the files. They're all File00000000.xxx files, but editable with notepad. I'll add my recipes to that file and try to add it to the mpq and I get the "Doesn't meet parameter" message. Even if I just extract the files from the mpq and try to create a new mpq without modifying anything, I get that same message.

I asked on the PD2 discord channel and they referred me to here.

Help please?

EDIT: I got the files extracted to the data folder. When I try to add recipes from my old file, I get an unhandled exception error when trying to log in with a character. If I use just my old files for the recipes, the recipes work, but the PD2 ones don't. I'd have to juggle between them to get the best of both worlds unless I can figure out how to merge them.

Return to “General Mod Making”