something crazy going on with my item spawning

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

darkmage1991
Anguilla

something crazy going on with my item spawning

Post by darkmage1991 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:43 pm

so i added talonrages item pack and everything is there. but there is some crazy stuff going on with how the names of items are spawning.

for example tyrael's might which should spawn as a unique sacred armor now randomly spawned as a set weapon...

me and brother playing and we find a Dalcian Falx that lists itself as part of a set that the SetItems.txt show should be apart of different set. like this item we found is a Dacian Falx which is 100% not apart of the set it says it is in game. even weirder is we also found another piece of that set that it claims it goes to in game and it shares the same item name? like they are both called "Taint of Saiden" in game this is with them being completely different items with different stats(1 being a "dalcian falx" the other being a heater shield"... but get this we also found the dalcian falx that has the correct set and name but with the exact same stats as the one that spawned in the wrong set with the wrong name showing they are the same item.

now those are not the only examples i have found a set that in the setitems.txt shows 4 items all different item slot types ie:gloves/belt/torso/head but in game i found 2 pieces of that set and i get 1 that was mesh armor and another piece being ornate plate...what??? like how. got 2 torso items for this set that should only spawn 1. and they both have different stats so i assume one of those armor pieces trully belonged to another set which i didnt feel like searching in the txt to see what it was supposed to be for.

i dont see anything wrong with the setitems.txt and the tbl files have the names in place.

Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be causing this issue with items spawns as the wrong item?

Return to “General Mod Making”