Using a charge overlay state as a missile ?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

GreenHeaven
France

Using a charge overlay state as a missile ?

Post by GreenHeaven » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:21 pm

Is it possible to use a pgsvoverlay from states.txt (graphic overlay like maul or claws of thunder graphics) as a missile ?

It could be used on a skill that casts orbs orbiting around the player damaging enemies it pierces.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Using a charge overlay state as a missile ?

Post by Cypress » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi GreenHeaven, you can extract the overlays folder, put it into data and rename it to missiles. Missiles and overlays are both in dcc format, so they are compatible with each other. Although overlays that orbit a unit will look weird as missiles, since they have empty spots where the unit is, as in to show it going behind the unit.

GreenHeaven
France

Post by GreenHeaven » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 am

Hey thanks for the tip ! I just thought I could also clone hurricane with a different missile, but I am not sure the circle width of hurricane can be trimmed down.

kain_abel_666
Canada

Post by kain_abel_666 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 pm

The radius of the hurricane is controlled via the srvdofunc the skill uses so probably not via missile. But look at the dcc vis dcxtool or drtester and see what it looks like.
I've stayed quite a while and heard what you have to say. Now it is time for the real Kain to emerge.

Return to “General Mod Making”