Engineer looking for information.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

0x29a
United States of America

Engineer looking for information.

Post by 0x29a » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:21 pm

Hello.

Long time Diablo2 player here, career software engineer. I'm new to the D2 modding scene however, and am working on some side-project stuff with a few friends. One thing I'm currently doing is taking some of the open source tools on Github, cleaning then up, upgrading, and turning them (when they are not) into web applications, with a React layer on top.

I'm about to finish this work with dc6png (https://github.com/dschu012/dc6png/blob ... c/index.js) by dschu012. Which would mean I could now use my web application in a browser to convert as many DC6 files to whatever I wanted, and offer that to others as a lowered barrier of entry to the tool.

I'm curious, if there is a general source that's familiar with the more general aspects of D2/R modding that I could could pose questions to. An active Discord? A person? I have questions about what palettes, and transforms are. Frame directions, and pointers... and I will spend time figuring it out, but it would sure save some time if someone familiar could just answer. This would also benefit some up to date documentation, and development tools I'm also working on. My goal is to not make a bunch of newbie, thrashy posts on this board.

Apologies if this has been answered a bunch, I haven't really searched around too much as my questions are pretty specific. Paul Siramy perhaps? He's noted in the Github as inspiration for the CLI javascript tool. I'm looking to carry that work forward into the browser and make it easier to use.

Thanks in advance :D

loclazy
United States of America

Re: Engineer looking for information.

Post by loclazy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:13 am

https://discord.gg/phrozenkeep
this is the link to PK's discord server, I'm joining in today!

Return to “General Mod Making”