Need Help/Advice(D2LoD)Making Merchants sell Runes

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

kolo1234
Philippines

Need Help/Advice(D2LoD)Making Merchants sell Runes

Post by kolo1234 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:58 pm

Hi! I've just recently started modifying my Diablo2LoD copy and have succeeded in applying Basemod+Plugy and d2dx, I have also successfully applied an independent Character Inventory size increase but now after following instructions I have gathered through research my "Misc" edit, specifically on magic merchants to make them sell Runes, does not apply. I have done as Follows:

1. Using an mpq extractor, open d2 patchmpq file
2. Extract Misc.txt
3. Edit Misc.txt with D2ExcelPlus, Altered merchant
columns following their potion sell format, placing 1 on
their min/max column.
4. Copy file generated to data-global-excel
5. Made sure Shortcut exe had -direct -text to generate bin

After doing all that my Misc.txt would not generate a bin file.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! And please forgive me in if I had posted incorrectly this would be the very first time I did something like this.

Conqueror
Argentina

Re: Need Help/Advice(D2LoD)Making Merchants sell Runes

Post by Conqueror » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:31 am

Hello, it uses -direct -txt. By using "-direct" you are telling the game to use the uncompressed folders, and by using "-txt" you are telling the game to read the txt files and compile them into bin. You use "text" not "txt", that is the error

kolo1234
Philippines

Post by kolo1234 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:20 pm

Hi @Conqueror! Thanks for the reply,
I have corrected the -txt input as you said and Bin files appeared but I dont see the runes I have set for the merchants in game and my Higher level character currently in Hell difficulty is now failing to load "Bad Character Inventory Data" something. I should add I have altered the config files for Basemod namely the Vendor Refresh, the Permstore, another I forgot the line about (I guess it was for the normal items appearing on merchants), LinearMF And I have also enabled Extended Levels, all of this long before my attempts of modification.
Any idea what I did wrong?
Thanks in advance!

kolo1234
Philippines

Post by kolo1234 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:30 pm

If anyone stumbles on this, I think the culprit was having multiple versions of the game since I managed to make everything work after deleting the other versions, I also lost saves had to delete my stash saves since they all got messed up. Im sorry I really dont know anything else but if youre new and wanna start modifying start reading guides before doing anything drastic.

Return to “General Mod Making”