How to increase drop chances for elite base items?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

AirSORC

How to increase drop chances for elite base items?

Post by AirSORC » Sun May 08, 2022 8:54 am

I am very new to mod making and am interested in making a mod that only increases the chances of elite base items? How would I do this? Also, I use the D2RMM (Diablo 2 R Mod Manager) where you can have multiple mods active at the same time with only using the -mod D2RMM -txt extension. Is this possible?

Unicarn
United States of America

Re: How to increase drop chances for elite base items?

Post by Unicarn » Tue May 10, 2022 9:45 am

To increase the drop chances for elite base items, you would have to go into TreasureClassEx.txt and change the treasure classes that drop elite base items so that they are less likely to downgrade to the next-lower treasure class (e.g. change the weight for "Act 5 (H) Bow C" to pick "Act 5 (H) Bow B" from 1655 to a number like 828 for about half the chance of a lower-quality base item being chosen. You'd have to do this for a lot of treasure classes.

Specktro
Brazil

Re: How to increase drop chances for elite base items?

Post by Specktro » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:20 pm

Just lower the 'level' in armor.txt and weapons.txt...
Exemple:
Archon Plate start droping from areas with level 84 or higher, and will use the 'armo84' entry in treasureclassex.txt. Lower it to 29 and it will start droping from act 2 nightmare and will use the 'armo30' entry... Works fine for me, I lowered AP to drop from act 4 NM and higher...

Hope it solves your problem...
Be Xtreme!

Return to “General Mod Making”