(SOLVED) Stash (Act 3) faster drop?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Vortaka

(SOLVED) Stash (Act 3) faster drop?

Post by Vortaka » Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi all,

I'm still screwing around and I haven't found a way to make Stash in Act 3 drop instantly (like chests).
I know that the stashes I want are JW(186), JV(187) and JU(188) and FrameDelta is the speed of the frames (I tested them and the animation is faster) (They are in objects.txt line 188 to 190)

I think Framecnt are the # of frames the animation has... Can they be "wait" frames?
So, let's say JU (the stash with horizontal bars or "snake heads" or something") does its "animation" that you see and then, after that, the remaining animations are "wait"?
I'm not really sure what Framecnt does exactly... I dunno, if I shorten it, will it crash or bug or something?
Update1: I cut Framecnt (was 16, 14, 16) by half (to 8, 7, 8) and it didn't do a thing... Back to the drawing board I guess...

:) (No need to anymore!!!) If anyone can help, please do! I can't seem to find a way to make them drop "near" instantly, as the chests do...

P.S. When I'll have more time, I'll test more things (and report back)
Vortaka

SOLVED: Well, my tests bore fruits it seems!!! The "drop" was NOT part of the animation itself...
Parm1 seems like a timer for stashes (maybe work for chests?)
So, the 4 originals (185 to 188) where set at 11, 34, 13, 33. And all of them took a certain amount of time before looting jumped out!
I tested them with 1, 3, 3, 1 (I just was too lame to test it at 0) and it worked! Now, the loot jumps out as you touch the stash!!!

I do like it when things work!!! (Gonna test also if the loot waits for the end of the animation or not! another update soon!)
Update2: The loot "jump out" is linked to Parm1 (it is in NO WAY linked to the animation speed!).
ex.: JW and JU (186 and 188) instead of taking a long time to present the loot jumping out, the loot jumps out during the animation itself! If I would have to guess, I'd say Parm1 for stashes is a number multiplied by 0.1s (a tenth of a second). So, the 34 and 33 (2 longest of the four) waited around 3.3 to 3.4 seconds before drop... Now, they wait 0.1 and 0.3 seconds...

Return to “General Mod Making”