Using character as Monsters has animation bug when running

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

shaolonger

Using character as Monsters has animation bug when running

Post by shaolonger » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:51 am

First of all, thanks to Phrozen Heart for the guide kb/viewarticle?a=265 to make character as monsters.
I tried to use all the seven classes to make monsters base on the shadow master and can see them in game.
But then got a problem, when these character monsters try to attack player, they ran in a strange way, that their legs with no animation, that's wierd.
I have check the cof files and there're walk and run animation, and I have try to change the Velocity or Run col in monstats.txt, but still got the problem.
Can anyone help me, thanks.

Specktro
Brazil

Re: Using character as Monsters has animation bug when running

Post by Specktro » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 pm

shaolonger wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:51 am
First of all, thanks to Phrozen Heart for the guide kb/viewarticle?a=265 to make character as monsters.
I tried to use all the seven classes to make monsters base on the shadow master and can see them in game.
But then got a problem, when these character monsters try to attack player, they ran in a strange way, that their legs with no animation, that's wierd.
I have check the cof files and there're walk and run animation, and I have try to change the Velocity or Run col in monstats.txt, but still got the problem.
Can anyone help me, thanks.
Check if the skill used when the glitch happens is a SQ skill, if it is, you should create a monseq for this skill or just use an existing one from monseq.txt to match the skill... I.E.: ShadowMaster skill 'Fist of Fire' if used with S1, A1, etc will make Shadowmaster vanish or glitch when using the skill, thats why the monseq 'seq_swtigerfist' is used instead of SC, S1, etc... And depending on the skill, using the 'seq_swtigerfist' monseq will not work as well... And if you are using a S1 simple skill with no monseq, just make sure your monter token has S1 Cof file, and line in animdata as well...

Edit: English not good? I was worst before editing...
Be Xtreme!

Return to “General Mod Making”