Resurrected balance/content for the classic D2 LOD?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Bogdanov89

Resurrected balance/content for the classic D2 LOD?

Post by Bogdanov89 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:10 pm

I am a casual D2 player, not much into ladder and all that.

Usually i play coop with my brother, using the character editor to give ourselves as many Tokens of Absolution as we want so we can fool around with the skill/stat builds.

I like some of the new balance patches and content put into D2 Resurrected (we both own it) but sadly there does not seem to be an option to coop play Resurrected with modded characters.

So is there perhaps a way to get the Resurrected balance changes and new stuff like runewords into the classic Diablo 2 LOD that still can be played in coop with mods?
Personally i do not care about the Resurrected graphics, just the new gameplay stuff.

Thanks for helping out.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Resurrected balance/content for the classic D2 LOD?

Post by Cypress » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:28 am

You could transfer a lot of D2R content to D2 by swapping out D2's txt files with D2R's. The new columns wouldn't work, but most of the changes would apply. Although some of the txt files you wouldn't want to swap at all, like sounds.txt and skilldesc.txt are formatted quite differently I believe.

Return to “General Mod Making”