Some ideas

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Rakh

Some ideas

Post by Rakh » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:17 pm

Nice to see a WoT mod coming, but some ideas i got while browsing through your site.

First, the Asha`Man, the skills you are proposing is nice, just add some combat skills, and pherhaps sword mastery. Second, add a life cost in addition to a mana cost for their spells to represent the fact that they are Asha`Man. In order to balance this with the Aes Sedai, make their weaves more powerful in some way(more damage/duration/etc).

For the wolf brothers, i doubt you can make three skill trees for them that work. As it is right now, only 5-6 of the druids skill will be able to stay in order to be true to the books.

For the aiel, not many changes are needed, just remove all the elemental damage and do some name switching, and you should be okay. But do rename them "Sisters of the Spear" or whatever they were called in the books. "Aiel" could mean men you know ^_^

Deathwatch:Again, we will have trouble finding skills, simply because these guys, we don`t no much about. Sure, you can defend the warcries, masteries and such, but it won`t be anything we have remotely read about in the books. Could mayhaps be changed into ogier.

Aes Sedai:Not much needed here, pretty straight forward.

Warder: Replace auras with stances(aura`s which only affect the warder).
Which leaves you with combat skills, offensive stances and defensive stances. Would work as a charm imo. Some of the skills needs to be cut, specificaly all the religious/magic ones.

And making the asn Saenchean isn`t a good choice imo, as the grapichs are quite unfitting. The Saenchean wore full combat equipment, no matter the gender. The asn model is a tad too scantly clad for this :) Thiefcatcher would be more fitting :) And i`d love to see a mod where staves are used by one of the melee classes :) As for the skills, just remove the traps, turn them into incapacitating skills, remove the shadows, give her "Staff Mastery" instead of claw mastery, and alter the martial arts skills of the asn to be pure combat skills instead.

Just my 10 gc =)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Some ideas

Post by Black Heart » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:17 pm

First, the Asha`Man, the skills you are proposing is nice, just add some combat skills, and pherhaps sword mastery..
Combat skills are not essential to the Asha’man very seldom are they used in the books their power must be balanced the few skills that I purposed should do the trick but only extensive play test will tell in the end.

Second, add a life cost in addition to a mana cost for their spells to represent the fact that they are Asha`Man
Sorry not following your train of thought in this. Just the ability for them to use magic makes them Asha’Man
In order to balance this with the Aes Sedai, make their weaves more powerful in some way(more damage/duration/etc).
Tweaking will take places as play testing is done.
For the wolf brothers, i doubt you can make three skill trees for them that work. As it is right now, only 5-6 of the druids skill will be able to stay in order to be true to the books.
I do not for see a problem filling out skill trees for the wolf brother it will require a bit of creative thought but I have quite a few ideas and with the ability to drastically change skills with the release of 1.10 it should fall into place nicely
For the aiel, not many changes are needed, just remove all the elemental damage and do some name switching, and you should be okay. But do rename them "Sisters of the Spear" or whatever they were called in the books. "Aiel" could mean men you know ^_^
Uit a few skill changes will be made to the Aiel and The removal of elemental damages would create problems later in the game when you run up against physical resistant foes I am aware that Aiel encompasses both male and female but to the masses witch have not read the books this will make little deferens so the name will remain the same.
Deathwatch:Again, we will have trouble finding skills, simply because these guys, we don`t no much about. Sure, you can defend the warcries, masteries and such, but it won`t be anything we have remotely read about in the books. Could mayhaps be changed into ogier.
As above I do not for see any problems filling out skills. As you stated we know little about them so in actuality that works to my benefit I can make them as I wish. And Ogiers are included in the deathwatch in the books.
Warder: Replace auras with stances(aura`s which only affect the warder).
Which leaves you with combat skills, offensive stances and defensive stances. Would work as a charm imo. Some of the skills needs to be cut, specificaly all the religious/magic ones.
I have a great deal of ideas as how to make the warder But I will take your thoughts into consideration
And making the asn Saenchean isn`t a good choice imo, as the grapichs are quite unfitting. The Saenchean wore full combat equipment, no matter the gender. The asn model is a tad too scantly clad for this Thiefcatcher would be more fitting And i`d love to see a mod where staves are used by one of the melee classes As for the skills, just remove the traps, turn them into incapacitating skills, remove the shadows, give her "Staff Mastery" instead of claw mastery, and alter the martial arts skills of the asn to be pure combat skills instead.
In this I would have to disagree.

This mod is in know way to be a literal interoperation of the Wheel of time books. I will do my best to hold to the ideas and feel of the characters. If I were to try to hold strictly to the books this mod would not be playable in the end. I intend to try and get the overall feel of Jordan’s world with the use of creative play to make it a enjoyable mod to play ;)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Rakh

Post by Rakh » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:26 pm

The reason that i want a life cost in addition to a mana cost for the Asha`Man is simply because they are in pain when they use the one power, as read in the book. And yes, the deathwatch contains Ogier, but imo, it would be better to just do ogier and not deathwatch. But these are just ideas, do remember that :)

And lastly, you will be changing the grapichs for some of the player models, right?

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:22 am

Rakh";p="108729" wrote: The reason that i want a life cost in addition to a mana cost for the Asha`Man is simply because they are in pain when they use the one power, as read in the book. And yes, the deathwatch contains Ogier, but imo, it would be better to just do ogier and not deathwatch. But these are just ideas, do remember that :)

And lastly, you will be changing the grapichs for some of the player models, right?
Well as to the heath drain well using the power we could conclude that the game is taking place after the source was cleansed in book 9 :)

The general orgier is a Follower of the leaf with the exception of loal and the ones in the deathwatch. As per the books when I was first starting out with 6the mod I did think making the barb an orgier but changed it to encompass a much larger and varied class of fighters

At this time I have no plans to undertake the enormous project of creating hundreds of animation files to change the character looks

I fully understand that these are your thoughts and welcome any in put you may have.
;)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

Rakh

Post by Rakh » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:27 pm

But book 9 and 10 sucked so bad, why would we want to place the setting there? ^_^(not bad books, just soooooooooooo slow)

What skills are you thinking of for the Wolf Brother?

Or for the Saenchean? Seeing as Deathguards are just a better version of Saenchean, this might cause a few headaches ^_^

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:40 am

As I am still in the development stages we have a lot of room to make changes I have been contemplating changing the time line in with the mod is set ether into a further age or in to a past age still not certain witch. Have been doing quit a bit of research on wot sites to determine witch to go with. But leaning to a further age to rid myself of a few nagging problems. By doing this it leaves more room to do what I like with the story line with no reference material to interfere with my concepts.

As to the skills of the wolf brother I am currently with out my computer do to a mother board melt down :cry: so I have not done any research into to this as of yet.

But if you want to make a list of suggestions and post then into the correct forum topic on my mod consept forum located on my site. ;) I would take them into consideration. A good tool to use for this is the d2 encyclopedia it give detailed information on all aspects of d2Lod in a quick and easy to use format its can be downloaded from Diabloii.net its new home.

Return to “Wheel of Time”