lets discuss WOT and the mod

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
the daeth of rats

lets discuss WOT and the mod

Post by the daeth of rats » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:13 am

first of all, for those that have read the wheel of time, whats ur fasvourite book? how do you think the seires is going? how do you think he could make the game more like the books or intergrate more elements from the books into the game?

i have only gotten to the 6th one myself, and i think that its the worst so far. i have skipped most of the parts with nyneave and elayne (tell me- if i continue on with the seires, how bad am i screwing my self over by skipping those bits) to get to the parts with rand in them.
i think that the first few are the best books.

im not sure if people have suggested this already : give aes sedai that are over lvl X (to be decided by black heart) should get +1000 to cold and fire resist (because aes sedai dont feel heat or cold)
i also tyhink that prayer should be a passive skill that costs no mana for warders because they have fast healing.
SQUEAK

Fortitude

Re: lets discuss WOT and the mod

Post by Fortitude » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:32 am

im not sure if people have suggested this already : give aes sedai that are over lvl X (to be decided by black heart) should get +1000 to cold and fire resist (because aes sedai dont feel heat or cold)
There is a difference between not feeling the heat or cold and not being burnt to a crisp when you get hit square in the face with a fireball. Their ability to not feel the elements is just them ignoring its effect on them. It'd be pretty hard to ignore the effects of a fireball im guessing. :-|

EDIT: Dont ya just love typos?
Last edited by Fortitude on Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a beltfed weapon

the daeth of rats

Post by the daeth of rats » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:58 am

mabey. in any booksdo aes sedia get hit with fireballs? if so plz tell us how it turns out
SQUEAK

noir
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by noir » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:58 am

the daeth of rats";p="122946" wrote: first of all, for those that have read the wheel of time, whats ur fasvourite book?
I really liked books 3 (Dragon Reborn) and 6 (Lord of Chaos - ok, I don't really like Nynaeve, but the book is still good).
the daeth of rats";p="122946" wrote: how do you think the seires is going? how do you think he could make the game more like the books or intergrate more elements from the books into the game?
Why? IMO using the books as background and then making your own storyline is just fine and more interesting than simply rehashing everything people already know. Black Heart should not let his creativity be restricted by anything in the books.
the daeth of rats";p="122946" wrote: i(tell me- if i continue on with the seires, how bad am i screwing my self over by skipping those bits)
Never skip anything in the books. There's a lot of references forward and backward between the books. You'll prolly miss some of the numerous plot threads or characters.
the daeth of rats";p="122946" wrote: im not sure if people have suggested this already : give aes sedai that are over lvl X (to be decided by black heart) should get +1000 to cold and fire resist (because aes sedai dont feel heat or cold)
Have to agree with Fortitude here. Just because Aes Sedai don't get sunburn they will still burn as good as any other witch (yeah, I never liked them either :P )

reality.sys corrupt, reboot universe? [Y][N]
Hey, Marcia! Come and see the satanist! John Kovalic, Dork Covenant

Frequently Asked Questions, Links and Newbie Guide to ES

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:33 pm

As to a few points

I agree that a resistance to elemental is unwarranted as stated they simple ignore them to a large degree (the max res in the game is 95% as it currently stands)

Warder do not heal at an increased rate.

I do intend to have an original story line based in the wot world and will not be based strictly on the current age in witch the books are based the is some insight into this subject on the mod creation forums linked of the wot site

I would not skip sections or books I personal have read them all several times and done extensive research on the web witch has a plethora of sites dedicated to the wot world.

Thanks for ya’lls interest and look forward to see what topics arise
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Return to “Wheel of Time”