staff mastery? and staffs that deal goo damage?

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
the daeth of rats

staff mastery? and staffs that deal goo damage?

Post by the daeth of rats » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:55 am

could you put a staff mastry on the ogier? and get rid of the other masrys (cept for polearms), cause ogier dont realy use those? and i would realy like to see good staffs, quartyerstaffs, ect. give the aes sedai some other skill booster, or make a few types of the staffs that can have bonuses, but i realy wna t to beat a monsters head in with my staff!!!
SQUEAK

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: staff mastery? and staffs that deal goo damage?

Post by Black Heart » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:58 am

Actually the Ogier are known to use axes oddly enough there are a few references to this in the books.
The only character class that I remember using a staff was the thief catcher.

You could use a staff on any character at will if you would like to bludgeon monsters with a large stick. ;)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:02 am

well...if you counted Matt's weapon as a staff, then there would be more...

also, some Aes Sedai use staves as focal points for channeling The Power.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:18 pm

Loial, the Ogier, also uses a staff. In Book two i believe in the portal stone world he treesings one and uses it. He also uses an axe at Dumai Wells when fighting side by side with Perrin, and in Emonds field in book four when Trollocs attack.

I think Ogier are probably mainly axe and staff using folk. There has never been any references to them useing ANY other weapons, Just axes, staves and thier hands. :-)

Will Ogier in your mod have treesinging abilities?? Maybe to grow weapons, ensnare monsters ( I realise this isn't really "from the book" but it might be cool to use sorta like bone prison. ), etc.

Are you using Barbs animation for ogier?? cus nothing else would really work. Barbs are the biggest class in size.

Can't wait to see the wolf brothers. What kidna skills will they have?? Sommon wolves obviously, but what else? Any weapon masteries?? No ravens, I think wolves didn't like ravens, but I might just be assuming that because of the raven murder that attacked Perrin and Egwene and Elayas.

Any chance of ALL classes getting weapon masteries, a low level dodge or weapon block to make two handed weapons not suck so much, stat and damage and defense and experience boosting skills?
Your Life is Your Own. Life it for Yourself.
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Return to “Wheel of Time”