To Black Heart

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
Nynaeve

To Black Heart

Post by Nynaeve » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:52 pm

just read the topic about the Ajahs and thought I could just open a topic as what I wish to say goes beyond the only Ajah topic.

First, in my opinion, WoT characters shouldn't just be limited to a very little number of skills like the ones of the regular Diablo game. I think it would be better if, say, two skill points were grated per level, to make each char pretty polyvalent in his class, would it mean that the enemies grow stronger.

Concerning the Ajahs, basically, the channelers are not limited to any kind of weave. So, maybe instead of limiting them only to weaves depending on their talents, you should just limit to a certain extend the weaves non-specific to their ajah. However, these limitations might be changeable if the char gets affinities-skillbooks or charms or something like that.

Next, the same thing can apply to Aels regarding their clans and above all, their societies. They could have one basic skill for the all of them, let's say "dance the spears", have more Aiel-specific skill names, and so on. For exemple, the StoneDogs might have courage-related skills like sacrifice related to their behavior not to retreat even when largely outnumbered.

The Pally can also be replaced not by the Warder, but instead by a Tarmon Gaidon Commander who uses his natural charisma to stimulate people, which would be represented by an aura of the Pally or a warcry of the Barb enhancing other's abilities.

The Assassin can be replaced by Warders as they are very skilled in not being hurt in combat, and have a grace when moving which can be compared to a dance or an Assassin's martial arts.

These are my ideas. Of course, as I don't really know how a mod is made, nor know very much about all the ideas you had, mine ay not be really pertinent. however, if you need help for skills, I may be of some help since I'm really looking forward to being able to play this mod. Just ask me then. My mail is nah.nah.jochan@free.fr. C ya!

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: To Black Heart

Post by Black Heart » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:04 am

Thanks for your input I will take it into consideration. ;)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Nynaeve

Re: To Black Heart

Post by Nynaeve » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:16 pm

By the way, you got an idea of the date when your mod wil be released?

-Nynaeve-

Return to “Wheel of Time”