warder, aes sedai and their bonds

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
Avalanchez

warder, aes sedai and their bonds

Post by Avalanchez » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:23 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed already... I understand you want to make warders as well as aes sedai choosable player-characters.

would it be possible to make hirelings only available to certain character classes? so that aes sedai 'hire' warders and warders hire aes sedai (maybe seanchan also hire aes sedai as damane)?

maybe it would destroy the feeling for the strong bond if you play a warder and your aes sedai dies every 5 minutes, or you hire a new one at least each difficulty, but it would make little sense to me to play a warder without an aes sedai...

or you give aes sedai a summon spell like 'call warder'.
It would not make much sense for warders to summon aes sedai, but seanchan could summon damane.
or, maybe there would be a penalty for a warder to loose his summoned aes sedai... like loosing hitpoints (a bit like with blood golem).

i can't wait for this mod... it's going to be awesome, i know it!
happy new year!

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: warder, aes sedai and their bonds

Post by Black Heart » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:25 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed already... I understand you want to make warders as well as aes sedai choosable player-characters.
This is done you will be able to play Aes Sedai And the Warder.
maybe it would destroy the feeling for the strong bond if you play a warder and your aes sedai dies every 5 minutes, or you hire a new one at least each difficulty,

or you give aes sedai a summon spell like 'call warder'.
It would not make much sense for warders to summon aes sedai, but seanchan could summon damane.
or, maybe there would be a penalty for a warder to loose his summoned aes sedai... like loosing hitpoints (a bit like with blood golem).
As to the bond we have game mechanics to take into consideration their will be no penalty to losing your (warder ect..) other than the high mana cost to replace them.

but it would make little sense to me to play a warder without an Aes Sedai...
Then I would suggest you refrain from playing a warder ;)
Would it be possible to make hirelings only available to certain character classes? so that aes sedai 'hire' warders and warders hire aes sedai (maybe seanchan also hire aes sedai as damane)?
This is not feasible but all character classes will have some type of summoning ability if not more than one.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

jt101275

Post by jt101275 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:20 pm

you no how u can use mods on open. well give the aes sedai and warder classes charms that can only be used by the other class so u can in a way have a warder or aes sedai on thru open
Strike Hard
Strike Fast
Kill Lots

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:45 am

jt101275";p="148652" wrote:you no how u can use mods on open. well give the aes sedai and warder classes charms that can only be used by the other class so u can in a way have a warder or aes sedai on thru open
The only way this modd will be playable in muiltipalyer is threw tcp or lan games it will not function on open do to dll editing.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Avalanchez

Post by Avalanchez » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:40 pm

Black Heart";p="148685" wrote: The only way this modd will be playable in muiltipalyer is threw tcp or lan games it will not function on open do to dll editing.
This is most unfortunate... is there no way to do it the mpq way? i hoped 1.10 would make most of the things moddable by mpq.
lan play would be enough for me, but i would like to play it on my mac...

well,i guess this won't help, but, crouching on my knees...

:cry: pleasepleasepleaseprettypleeeeaaase... :cry:

would you please try to make an mpq version with whats doable in mpq?
me and all mac users would love you!

Return to “Wheel of Time”