Welcome to the Wheel Of Time

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Welcome to the Wheel Of Time

Post by Black Heart » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:25 am

I am working diligently and will post up dates as I complete them.

Any and all ideas or suggestions are welcome this being my first attempt at modding.

I am currently looking for animation replacements for zombies and mummies.

Special thanks to the staff here at the keep with out there help this project would never gotten of the ground.

Black Heart
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Ishamael

Post by Ishamael » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:39 pm

A whila ago, I was working on a WoT-mod myself, but I stopped doing that mod (I got bored, and I do not have much patience).
Maybe I can give you some ideas.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:29 am

Would like to here any ideas you may have .feel free to post it here

Black Heart
Last edited by Black Heart on Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

Ishamael

Post by Ishamael » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:26 pm

ok, I'll mail some to you as soon as I find them. :)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:02 am

Quick update

Posted two screenshots on site!!

Would like to thank Ishamael for his suggestions and the pic for the title screen :)

having some issues having to rebuild beta patch 8-O will have some more updates in a few days.

Black Heart

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:43 am

8-O
Black Heart, that's an awesome title screen 8)

By the way, in the other screenshot the warp says To The Lanfearf's lair, but the automap description is missing the f I marked above.

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:25 pm

omg, yeah, thats a GREAT TITLE! 8-O O-H
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Oil, and metal. We are now pure. - Phyrexian Scriptures

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:33 am

Updates

Asha'man (AH-shaw-mahn) Necromancer Class replacement

(1)In the Old Tongue, "Guardian" or "Defender," with a strong implication that this is a defender of truth and justice.
(2.) The name taken by followers of the Dragon Reborn, men who have come to what is now being called the Black Tower in order to learn how to channel. Some have dreamed of channeling despite all the dire risks, while others remain only because passing the test for the ability to learn has itself started them on the road to channeling, and they now must learn to control it before it kills them. They train not only in using the One Power, but in the use of the sword and in fighting with a verity of other weapons.. Unlike Aes Sedai (New Sorceress Class}, who go to great lengths to make sure that those they train are not allowed to move dangerously fast, the Asha'man are pushed hard from the beginning, most especially in learning to use the Power as a weapon, at the Black Tower it is expected that a certain number of the Asha'man Soldiers will die or be burned out attempting to learn. The existence of the Asha'man, and their connection to the Dragon Reborn, has caused a reevaluation among some Aes Sedai (New Sorceress Class},

Replaced animation for N/skeletons w/ Dark Rouges
Replaced N/skeletons mage w/ Canters
Replaced all golems (thanks to Incandescence ones :) )
Blood: w/Aerial Servant
Clay: w/ Earth elemental
Fire: w/ Fire elemental
Iron: w/ Water elemental

Working on skill changes now.

Thanks to all the staff here at the keep and others who are helping me along the way. ;)

Black Heart

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:56 am

Some Updates posted on mod home site!!

Made some Changes to site lay out now that I found a host that provides Front Page extensions!! Posted some quick Ta'veren pages. Did not post statistical data on them still in the testing stages of development.

Progress Report just use the link below

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:54 pm

GREAT! :mrgreen: I can not wait to see this.
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Oil, and metal. We are now pure. - Phyrexian Scriptures

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:24 am

3 new Screen Shots Weapons image replacements a
Lanfear's lair and Emonds Field maps.

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:56 pm

Emonds field replaces what again? :?:

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:51 pm

Nice maps you have there Black Heart :)

just a little something, in your page it says:
Thanks to the wonderful tools created by Paul Stramy found at the Phrozen keep
His name is Paul Siramy ;)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:14 pm

Emonds field replaces what again?
Is the replacement for act1 town. I'll get more story line up soon.

Alkalund thanks for the heads up I have corrected the typo :)

Sorry Paul :oops:

DaRtH_sPiRiT
Paladin

Post by DaRtH_sPiRiT » Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:37 pm

this sounds cool, and the idea of modificating quests is nice, the screenshots shows your great work, Best of luck :mrgreen:
Fear, fear atrackts fear himself, the strong, the weak, the inocent, the corrupt, fear....fear is my ALLY!!!

Ishamael

Post by Ishamael » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:27 pm

Nice screenshots, and great site. :D
But wouldn't it be better with houses instead of tents in Emonds Field?

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:36 pm

But wouldn't it be better with houses instead of tents in Emonds Field?

limited to what I can dowith map editor but working on seeing if i can do any thing about that. will have a map for Tar Valon (act2\town) up soon.

Tar Valon (TAHR VAH-lon)
The center of Aes Sedai power and location of the Amyrlin Seat. ...location of the White Tower

Edit 1/05/003

I have replaced the tents with cottages.
Last edited by Black Heart on Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:19 am

Hi ya'll

Web page updates two new maps a progress report and some new background information on the wheel of time along with some monster background

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:20 am

Just a quick Note
Posted Some new updates on web site. {M}

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:53 pm

Your maps are looking really good, and so is the character selection screen :) I still need to find some time to read more carefully the section on the Forsaken though :)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:00 am

Been busy with web site and string.tbl I posted The Forces of Light section with 33 pages of information packed bios and doing some work on the Shadow Spawn section. The Forsaken will be updated as I implement there places in the mod and are subject to change as I balance the story line. If you have any thoughts on things you would like to see drop me a line.

Ishamael

Post by Ishamael » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:57 pm

Great update :) . It must have taken you some time.
Just one thing that crossed my mind, why do you use Shen an Calhar instead of Assassins? I can't see the resemblance...
Keep up the good work :)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:16 pm

I was thinking of releasing a Demo of act 1 only. Tell me ya’ll thought on this. I have also made a few minor updates to story line on site.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:47 pm

I like the idea of realeasing a demo of act 1 only at first. This will be great to receive some feedback, and if there are any major balancing or bug problems you can fix them right away, before the number of modifications really scales up and makes it harder to find what's wrong.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:36 am

Been a couple days since my last update took some time to play!!!! “All work and no play makes jack a dull boy” coddles to perfect cell and lothur on a great mod (Easter Sun.)

Well back to the files and to tryout all the new goodies ;)

Return to “Wheel of Time”