sets

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Newbdungeon

sets

Post by Newbdungeon » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:30 pm

hey can you reveal like what the name of the set items are gonna be? or email me them or not if you dont want to
Last edited by Newbdungeon on Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

om
Champion of the Light

Re: sets

Post by om » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:19 am

he has his own forum on his site, he sais stuf about progres mostly there
My new msn: om_silverbolt@hotmail.com
Add me :)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:51 am

[quote="Newbdungeon";p="69572"]
hey can you reveal like what the name of the set items are gonna be? or email me them or not if you dont want to
[/quote]

Newbdungeon

Actually I have not done much work with the sets in hope that as I get to that point that the elusive 1.10 patch will correct the glitches in adding sets. But as always open to suggestions

feel free to post here in this forum or the mod concept forum thew my site
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:55 pm

hmm....How about a "Heron Marked Set" the weapon could be the Heron Marked sword, give it maybe a breast plate and Kite shield...that would be interesting.

A warder set would make sense. you could make multiple versions, one for swords, one for bows, one for axes, and so on. each one could have a warder cloak, and some warder-specific boots.

A set for each Ajah would be cool too, use one for Accepted, Novice, Aes Sedai, and Amyrlin. the only one that should be specific should be the Aes Sedai set, as the Aes Sedai are divided into white green blue brown yellow red and black Ajahs. maybe make seven different variants, and make a few variants for novice as well. the amyrlin one could give bonuses to ALL Aes Sedai skills (Since the Amyrlin is of all Ajahs)

Maybe a set for each of the Aiel clans? each could have two variants, but the same base items...except for the weapon. one could be a lance/javelins, the other could be a type of bow. Probably you should use leather armor types for this, since the Aiel generally don't use metal except in weapons or necessities.

The Asha'man are a toughy...maybe use power-wrought equipment as their class specific items...this would work, since the Asha'man take no oaths of peace when learning to wield the One Power.

The Ogier are an interesting race, dedicated to peace and nature...maybe give them leather armor types, including gloves boots, helms, and body armor. If they want, you could make a unique axe for them to add to the set, that would be fun...especially if you found a way to add special bonuses for equipping it with the Ogier sets...

the Seanchan...(evil, evil, evil...)...give them a special set of bracelets that act as a booster for Damane...or maybe give them the ability to summon a Damane...yeah...maybe a set of boots that lets them summon one of those funny lizards they use to fly...

Children of the Light....Lance, Light Plate, Full Helm, Light Gauntlets, Light Plated boots, all of these come to mind...maybe a Breast plate rather than Light Plate...dunno

hope this helps some :P

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:57 am

All sound ideas have had a few that match exactly to your thinking
hmm....How about a "Heron Marked Set" the weapon could be the Heron Marked sword, give it maybe a breast plate and Kite shield...that would be interesting.
Was thinking of Heron marks as rune words
A warder set would make sense. you could make multiple versions, one for swords, one for bows, one for axes, and so on. each one could have a warder cloak, and some warder-specific boots.
Best to make this set not including a weapon
A set for each Ajah would be cool too, use one for Accepted, Novice, Aes Sedai, and Amyrlin. the only one that should be specific should be the Aes Sedai set, as the Aes Sedai are divided into white green blue brown yellow red and black Ajahs. maybe make seven different variants, and make a few variants for novice as well. the amyrlin one could give bonuses to ALL Aes Sedai skills (Since the Amyrlin is of all Ajahs)
Right on the money was thinking this today as I was fishing do some of my best thinking well drowning worms :brows:
Maybe a set for each of the Aiel clans? each could have two variants, but the same base items...except for the weapon. one could be a lance/javelins, the other could be a type of bow. Probably you should use leather armor types for this, since the Aiel generally don't use metal except in weapons or necessities.
Once aging we are on the same page here with a bit of variance making a few sets of different bonus and armor types low med high
The Asha'man are a toughy...maybe use power-wrought equipment as their class specific items...this would work, since the Asha'man take no oaths of peace when learning to wield the One Power.
Making sets for them should be basic with mostly mana and combat orientated bonus.
The Ogier are an interesting race, dedicated to peace and nature...maybe give them leather armor types, including gloves boots, helms, and body armor. If they want, you could make a unique axe for them to add to the set, that would be fun...especially if you found a way to add special bonuses for equipping it with the Ogier sets...
Sound good ;)

the Seanchan...(evil, evil, evil...)...give them a special set of bracelets that act as a booster for Damane...or maybe give them the ability to summon a Damane...yeah...maybe a set of boots that lets them summon one of those funny lizards they use to fly...
Needs some development :-|
Children of the Light....Lance, Light Plate, Full Helm, Light Gauntlets, Light Plated boots, all of these come to mind...maybe a Breast plate rather than Light Plate...dunno
As their will not be any of the children as player charters this is not applicable.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:08 pm

how about for the wolfbrother...a set using the druid wolf head helms, and some clawed gloves. Maybe add a fur cape just for style :)

well...the Seanchan set does need some more thought, but here, I've given more to it now...

Sul'Dam:
+X to Damane Control (a skill that adds to Damane skills, defense, and life)
25 defense - Normal
50 defense - Exceptional
75 defense - Elite
Indestructible (they are usually made of Cuendillar)
Robe:
50 defense - Normal
100 defense - Exceptional
150 defense - Elite
25 durability
no reqstr, but very rare item
+x% to maximum life and mana (maybe 5, 10, and 20 depending on item quality?)
Tiara:
25 defense - Normal
50 defense - Exceptional
75 defense - Elite
Charged with a lower resist type curse
Conviction when equipped
+X to Intelligence

Not much, I know, and it probably isn't very good. But hey, I tried. :P

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

TC Trotter

Post by TC Trotter » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:56 pm

Hmm...
I was thinking somethign more along the lines of being able to summon a a semi-powerful skeleton mage or somethign along those lines for Seanchan set. Maybe one of those priests from act 3?

jt101275

Post by jt101275 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:15 pm

I think you should have like a Rand set a Mat set and such.
Rands Set: 1-Clanador(Crystel sword or somthing)
2-Medium Angreal(fat bald guy)
3-Breast Plate

Mats Set
1-Fox Head Medallion|| Magic Immune
2-Glave||Atk Rating%, +Damage, Magic Damage
3-Gloves||Highly Reduced Vendor Prices, Monsters Drop more gold
Set Bounus- Atk Rating +, Monsters Drop 100% more gold, Faster Atk rating

Hope that gives you a good idea of some set ideas thnx for reading -ME
Strike Hard
Strike Fast
Kill Lots

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:48 am

good ideas if not a bit unbalanced. as to names not feasable thier will be no referances to char from the books in the mod.

Shaeen M'taal

Post by Shaeen M'taal » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:56 am

I have a few corrections for reiyo-oki. Sul'dam are the women who control damane. A'dam are the bracelet-colar-leash ter'angreals that the sul'dam use to control the damane. Is the seanchan going to be a sul'dam or a deathwatch guard? Im assuming from the response that she will be a sul'dam. Btw, the a'dam are not made from cuendillar. Ter'angreal are generally indestructible except by the power. Cuendillar is indestructible except by the dark one's twisting of the pattern.

But yes, knew idea for a unique item concerning sul'dam. You could have a pair of dull black bracelets that allow you to use a skill not normally given to a sul'dam. Say, a summon skill edited to use a normal act 3 sorcerer image. This would, of course, be the male a'dam.

I like that idea about having the heron mark as something with runes.. Maybe POwer-Wrought should be a quality of item, like "superior" that aut-includes indestructibility and sockets... and make em more rare... and have auto-mods for +damage on the weapons, and +d on the armors, if they appear on armors at all...

Was something mentioned about the serpent ring yet? There's opportunities with that.

jt101275

Post by jt101275 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:40 pm

wouldnt power Wrought be like magic or rare
Strike Hard
Strike Fast
Kill Lots

Return to “Wheel of Time”