duriel chamber plugin

Information and updates for all Diablo 2 map plugins by deathfile. If you have any questions or suggestions for the plugins, please post them here.

No votes

Total votes: 0

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

duriel chamber plugin

Post by deathfile » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:34 am

i sent this to jbouley also, hopefully it will be up on the keep by this weeks update. until then, files or duriel plugin

its a map plugin that changes around duriel's chamber. read the readme. i recomend using shadowmaster to edit a char up to high level and act 2 with the last quest not complete, but the rest in act 2 done, then you should already have the symbol and wont need to get the staff to test it.

tell me what you think. be sure to explore the whole level with a character who has not beaten the act yet. do the obstacles make it too easy for range classes? do the chests drop too much? give me feedback please.

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:23 pm

hosted at the keep now, i know my site kept going down.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~phrozenkee ... -5-003.php

i might also release a "cut-the-crap" version later, one with no obstacles, no shrines, and no chests. because these can be unbalanced in certain mods. do you think i should?

i made this because duriel is very laggy. since his chamber is so small, im usually dead before i can even move. not with this plugin, so at least give it a look, will ya? :)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:06 pm

Just so you know I did download your plugin right when you announced it deathfile, now it is only a matter of finding the time to do some testing... hopefully friday :)

mrelfire
Angel

Post by mrelfire » Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:42 am

It takes a long time to go on the public server,
can you share on an other place to allow us to play it during this week-end ?
thanks.

Har'lea'quinn
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Har'lea'quinn » Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:22 am

I plugged that puppy into my own personal mod and boy did I get my rump handed to me on a platter! My monsters are a bit tougher than they should be, so it's not an issue on yer end :mrgreen: .

Also, the drops didn't bother balance very much in my mod either. They may be a smidge on the upper side, but I personally wouldn't worry too much about it :) .

Very nice plug-in Deathfile :D .

:arrow: Sorry, not much of a review. I played it w/ a Barb and I geared my mod more toward melee combat :-| .
"SEE all evil, HEAR all evil, SPEAK no evil."
-Me

The 6th Age of Incandescence

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:29 pm

thanks, i think im gonna do a "cut-the-crap" version next week or so, with no monsters, no objects, no shrines, and no treasure chests. would this be better or what?

and has anyone managed to trap duriel behind an object and just keep firing? (i hope not...)

Har'lea'quinn
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Har'lea'quinn » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:32 pm

I have no problems with the first one personally...

But I am all about variation...make as many as you'd like, I'll grab 'em :mrgreen: .
"SEE all evil, HEAR all evil, SPEAK no evil."
-Me

The 6th Age of Incandescence

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:27 am

I liked the plugin very much deathfile, with shrines, monsters, chests and all... but indeed things can get easier for ranged characters ;)

DaRtH_sPiRiT
Paladin

Post by DaRtH_sPiRiT » Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:32 am

man i like this plugin, i added it to the mod that i am working and it fits great :mrgreen:
Fear, fear atrackts fear himself, the strong, the weak, the inocent, the corrupt, fear....fear is my ALLY!!!

Trip
Paladin

Post by Trip » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:46 pm

deathfile, are you going to be releasing plugins for other bosses to ? I think that would be great if you did.
I don't suffer from insanity, but enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe

Return to “Deathfile's Sanctuary”