Xy16 Features - Post your ideas, even impossible ones!

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.
Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Xy16 Features - Post your ideas, even impossible ones!

Post by Nefarius » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:53 pm

Just post any idea here, even if its impossible or you believe I won't use it, just post them away :)

They may find their way into the mod.
I really hope blizzard won't delay the forsaken patch any longer...
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

CraFt

Re: Xy16 Features - Post your ideas, even impossible ones!

Post by CraFt » Mon May 05, 2003 2:12 am

The Famous Cyborg

What about the transformation of the Druid into a Cyborg, is that idea still in or you dropped it Nef? :)

Hmm what else, maybe make 4 uniks, like Fire Mace, Cold Sword, Poison Axe, Lighting Halberd. And transmuting them would make a superb weapon that would use all the modifications of everyone of them.

What else.. Guns for Assassin? Making her use Strafe but with pistols? Although that would need to include new anims.. there's nothing you can't do Nef haha. :P

Aight that's all for now.

Peace, hope it helps
CraFt

patric34

Post by patric34 » Tue May 06, 2003 9:10 pm

- A kill counter (which may give bonuses when you reach a certain objectve) Ex.: The The River Of Flames (Remaining: 129) This could force people to look out everywhere in the maps.

- Hidden Rooms in dungeons.

- A hireling in Act IV (Either an assasin or Necromancer).

- Special Map nammed Arena Of Chamions where you could fight Legends. Like The Arreat Summit but with Zons, Barbs, Necros, Druids, Assasins, Paladin and Sorc.

- Rewards for killing The Ancients.

- Shrine Of Speed (Attack/Run/Walk)

- Book Of Skills (Add 1, 2 or 3 points)

- Magical, Rare & Unique Arrows.

- Throwing Runes could be socketed on items but could not be replenish and extremely slow.

-

CiViC
Paladin

Post by CiViC » Wed May 07, 2003 9:27 pm

[quote=patric34";p="96614"]- Hidden Rooms in dungeons.[/quote]
I think that is already implamented, although not in dungeons but there
are hidden levels just look for them. ;)

For my ideas:

- Make a [spoiler]Secret Level with a really strong boss inside something that only high levels can survive :) [/spoiler]

Ughh gtg all for now..
[color=339999]"Death , dont try to find it .. it will find you."[/color]
|RPG WORLD||RPGW FORUM||PLANET DIABLO||WEBSITE SOON AVAILABLE|

[color=339999]Do you like RPG ? Do you like Comics ? Visit RPG WORLD!
Comic Every Sunday , Wednesday and Friday![/color]

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Fri May 30, 2003 7:41 am

well, i read the post, and i think that there are entirely too few creative people out there, or nobody cares enough to bother, so i decided someone should, at least, seeing as there have been no new posts on here for almost 2 months now 8-O

- a warrior mage would be a really cool idea, maybe a mage type character who uses his life points to cast spells which augment and enhance his physical capabilities, perhaps, or maybe transformations which make him physically powerfull [sort of like changing to an adamantium golem in baldurs gate 2:throne of baal] but make the transformation drain life, or something like that, or maybe just have spells that somehow drain their life instead of mana, so they need to battle as well to leech life back. its a thought, though one that needs work.

- enlarge the stash/inventory... its tiny ;)

- add mazes that change every time, not just levels that make randomly, but actual mazes that spawn adjacent to a level, kind of like a D&D game, with the rooms with monsters, the small passages, or something similar, with a prize at the end, or maybe with leavers or buttons you need to unlock the center. there was a few places similar to that in d1 [the 4 leavers to unlock diablo, chamber of bone, etc] and i sorta miss that 'quest with goals' kind of feel. and maybe make certain items the reward?

- make characters able to do a taunt [maybe like casting attract on themselves, or something] that will make enemies charge them

- make monsters work more as a 'team', instead of just randomly charging at you, maybe make them use battle formations, like a phalanx, or have lines of pikemen protect groups of archers, with guards surrounding bosses, something like that. as is the monsters just stupidly chase after you, making no attempt to dodge, or cover for eachother. it'd be nice to see some real AI...

- make 'traps'. not stupid things like a pad of spikes on the floors or anything like that, but maybe a chamber where you walk in, all doors close/lock, maybe poison clouds or a whole floor full of spikes which slowly drain your life, and make you fight a monster or group of monsters in that situation, and then everything disappears once you beat the set enemies. i dunno, sounds kinda hard, but it'd be really cool.

- maybe make a 'castle in the sky' sort of feel to and end or something, like similar maybe to arcane sanctuary, but with a landscape backdrop, and perhaps not a austere stone pathway, but something more earthy, or castle like, again, just a thought that popped to mind.

- maybe make, for items like throwing knives, a % chance to instant kill a monster [not bosses, of course] but sort of a 'peg in the forehead, he falls back dead' sort of thing, and maybe increase per level.

- make certain enchants on enemies [and maybe add them to characters?] where instead of just hitting you and your helpers, the, say CE will actually hit ALL creatures within range, including his allies. and it'd be really neat if my characters could also have enchantments, like cast lvl 50 CE on death, or something like that. PAYBACK!!!

- perhaps edit the quest log, character dialog, and interaction to reflect the changes in the game. i have only gotten to act2 norm so far, so if this is in effect, forgive me, but it said to find radament in the lug golein sewers, yet he is nowhere to be found there. perhaps in that instance say just change it to 'if you find the beast radament, i will be greatly honored by your assistance' or something like that, and make him drop, say, a item [his head, maybe] that you can take to atma, and she will give you a proper reward.

- perhaps build a little on the doings of blizzard, and give really cool appearances [not just pallet shifts] for wearing full sets, or perhaps grand a character an aura for wearing the full set, that gains levels per character level [say, barbarian set that adds concentration aura which gains .25 levels per clvl]

- give sockets to more items

- perhaps find a flaming sword animation, and use that on the characters when they have fire enchanted weapons, or an 'enchant' like spell, if there will be one, on the character. :evilbun:

- maybe make some areas more creepy, darker, more of a d1 dungeon feel, so i can get my 2-3 heart attacks in before going to bed =)

speaking of which, tired, test tomorrow, gtg to bed. just gotta say, nef, i love what you have done to the necromancer. i always thought he was such a cool looking evil like [you could say, nefarious] character, and yet he was so weak. good to see he has some decent spells and can do some cool stuff now :mrgreen: oh and gotta say, i love the idea of a kills counter, perhaps even an overall one in the character screen for enemies killed to date, with overall bonuses for numbers reached? or even titles would be cool!!

l8s for now, mebbe post what you think.

EDIT: umm, ok, maybe only like 23 days or so since the last post... my bad, poor sense of time :roll: oh well :lol:

Elyra

the world is my oister
you are all lucky im vegetarian =)
Last edited by Elyra on Fri May 30, 2003 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:39 pm

laserswords, even this is suggested on diffrent mods nobody ever did implement it :) upgradable, changeable colors, would be one suggestion other suggestion is that they can cast special auras.

a new char, a mix between hightech and acient mythology, maybe a half horse half cyborg or a metamorph :) (give us more femals)

styk-lances, u trow em onto the ground and from there deadly black or red lightnings are released dealing magic // light damg.

The Holy (unholy), a helmet type that makes the char shine bright or dark...

boomerangs, electroshockers, laserbeams, force :D, or maybe if u ever have time and me my cd, i may work on a star wars mod LOL :D
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:03 am

Give assasin the ability to wield two pistols and a new skill that slows monsters: Arrrgh, too much matrix for me!!!

But it would be cool.

Add amulets that would make you glow with a certain ability: Such is red would be fire immunity/ more fire damage/ others, cold. etc...

Make the barb whirlwind create a tornado effect

Replace lightning sentry with a diablo lightning effect and inferno sentry with firewall sentry. (no one uses the originals)

Let barbs be able to wield two big axes.

Add in new futuristic weapons: Sniper rifles, Laser rifles, Anti Matter cannons, Proton cannons, atom bombs (potions), Disrupter grenades (potions), Dual swords (darth maul style), the ability to call airstrikes (think a bunch of meteors with poison and ice bombs), the diablo1 nova, armageddon skill (not sure ifi ts already in), and finally: Rocket Launchers :)

Actually my first idea was good: Give the assasins the ability of wielding two pistols/ semi-automatic weapons. This would be for the trap assasins so that they can be ranged attackers which would heavily re-balance that class. Do not let pistol damage go as high as katar max damage, as that would serverely unbalance it, but perhaps less then good amazon bows.

skill swap all the bosses skills and put them in as regular skills ^_^

the ability to have a prime evil as your merc.

Runewords that give a bonus to a particular boss: for instance runeword: Diablo's Demise "resist from diablo's lightning, 500% more damage to demons, 10% chance of throwing diablo's fire nova back at him" or stuff that you balance yourself but thats the general picture.

Whew.... thats a {filtered} of ideas there...you can take it from here, nef.

Rob

Post by Rob » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:50 am

-I'd like to see some kind of cloaking ability. Say you are an assassin, you can cloak for a given amout of time, or until your mana runs out. You'd have to do things like always walk and you cannot attack. Bosses can see you and so can some superuniques.

-Sonic Blaze. A running style, you leave a shockwave dealing physical damage. Heavier characters, such as a Barbarian or a Were Bear would benifit most.

-Smarter AI, not beefed stats. Maybe lower HP/Strength but strategic attacks and formations.

-Multiple quests/ random quests. Like D1, the butcher quest, you didn't always get that one. And maybe make it that if you do one quest, you may not be able to do another. And as an affect of that, things in the game change. Say for example, you never kill Blood Raven, and you go on and kill Andariel you get back to camp and BR has killed off charsi or something.

-Make duel wielding of lances/spears only possible with skills such as Whirlwind or Bloodbath.

-Put in raw materials and use the Cube to make weapons of your own, and then have sepcial ingrediants such a fairy dust or something that give you weapons magical attributes.

-Give the Barbarian merc the Leap ability, so if you use it he can fallow(like in act 3).

-Give characters natural strengths and weaknesses to certain types of monsters. Say make the barbbarian stronger against demons, but weaker against undead. Give it a D&D feel.

-Base evasion off distance. Characters using bows have a harder time hitting that people with daggers. I think it's weird that because a charatcer with high Dex can hit with a bow just the same as if he/she had a dagger and was next to the enemy.

-Make weather a lot more unpredictable. You emerge onto the Blood Moor and there is soo much fog that you can only hear the meancing footsteps of creatures and out of no where you're surrounded. Or make lighting strike in storms. If the ground is soaked, it drains your stamina more. Frost, is sometimes makes the sheeth stick. Druid summons are affected by the cold, and have less vitality. Vines love the sun, and have more strength in it.

-Add food to the game. Use venison to restore health and ale for mana. Keep potions in, because if you eat bad meat or drink too much, bad things can happen. But if your character doesn't eat enough, and uses strickly potions, you can suffer as well, lackin nutrition.

-Add charisma to characters.
-as a side note to that, make a bilboard in the towns/camps that have bounties for certain enemies. Have the billboard randomly spawn names of creatures that may or may not be seen. If you see the monster on your voyage, you can kill it and collect on it. It would add replay value to later levels. Dont set bounty on superuniques because they always spawn and it could get boring always knowing where that enemy is.

-Make a kill counter not based on how many enemies lefts, but how many killed. If there are demon portals, you cannot judge how many are left. Once you reach astrinomical numbers, then you may be rewarded.

-Give mercs/hirlings dialog. As you enter the monistary, immagine hearing your rogue say "My god, what a tragedy" or something to that affect. As they don't have voices yet, you can have your friends record these. That would be a cool feature, more dialog between characters.

-Make the towns/camps be under a massive seige. Like make it extremely hard to leave the camp because you can always retreat and heal for free. Make the deepest and darkest dungeons have less creatures with more rewards, but not without some huge boss like creature. If I were to make a game, it would have harder concentraions of enemies where they would do the damage....not far away in a deep dark cavern no one goes in.

-Make Way Points concume Mana, just as teleport does. It's a kinda gay being able to just zip here and there for free.

-Make jewlry more rare and worth more. The magical attributes would be worth the wait. In D2, it just seems that they are way to common. Like I say give rings and ammys Prefixes and Suffixes that really count for something, and can only be found on them.

-Give Hardcore characters better magic find to offset the fact that they have one life.

-Rather than have your merc/hirling die with you, have them defend your courpse until either they die or you return...then they charge a finders fee for making sure it's safe for you.

-Turn anything you can pick up into some sort of weapon. Yuor sword breaks, use your gauntlets to punch until you get back to a smith. Or if you are holding a gem, you can use it to hit monsters...or even throw at them.

-Give characters light radius based on level.

-Have shops sell random items on each visit. Like gambling, just exit the menu and when you go back in, the vendor shows you different wares.

-Have vendors give you credit based on level and the amount of money you curenly hold. And then make your character save. If you pick up gold, your character will not be allowed to make any transactions until the dept is paid.

-Add dragons to the mix. Dwarves and Trolls would be cool. This goes with having weaknesses and strengths to things. Example being "Snotts Bane" He's a Troll with Immunities to Ice and Poison and Electricity with a weakness to Fire. Amazons could be weak to him, but Sorceresses would do a great deal of damage.

-Have scenery come alive and attack. Trees that are enchanted and do not move until you've passed, or rocks that form golems as you get near. You'd never know if it was safe or not.

-Give town portals a chance to misfire and send you into another part of the level you've already been to. Because who says magic is a sure thing.

-Give barbarians speed increases and AC bonuses for taking risks such as not wearing armor, because the best defense sometimes is having more offense. Give certain enemies chances to run in the event they see a barbarian running around with no protection.

I know a lot of my ideas may be too advanced to use in this game, but I still think it would be cool. I love RPG's a lot, and anything that makes the game more "life like" then I have more fun. I had no idea I'd write this much, and for now I'm done, if I think of any mroe, I'll be sure to post them.
I skate, but I am not a sk8tR boi...do not confuse me again.

Halo-X

Post by Halo-X » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:16 pm

Something I've always wanted to see:

Special 1H assassin specific Crossbows (bolts go...where? maybe it makes a given amount over a period of time...)

Thought that would be something Blizz would have at least considered... :twisted:
When your body dies, it falls into the Earth.

When your mind dies, it falls into Insanity.

When your soul dies, it falls into Oblivion.

Halo-X

Post by Halo-X » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:04 am

How'zabout this...

Only Hardcore characters can be made in X16.

All Mercenaries are 'Hardcore' as well, meaning, once they die, they're dead - yet they can still follow you from Act to Act, and from Difficulty to Difficulty.

Each character starts off with 500 gold, a weapon (suited to their class), a shield (if applicable), and slightly higher base stats than in X15; their resists start at -20 instead, possibly -15, and they do not start with a charm of essence, or any other item increasing their resistances, but are awarded that as a quest reward for rescuing Cain, instead of that lil junky magical ring Akara always gives you... Unless this isn't part of the planned storyline for X16.

Like Blizzard was planning on doing for LoD... Have scrolls drop randomly (and very rarely) with either very powerful rune word or cube recipies...or both, and make sure that these recipies don't get posted as spoilers, either.

Also, as a side note...
Which Act is the black Mushroom side quest in? If it's in A1, then I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm supposed to do with the darned thing...
When your body dies, it falls into the Earth.

When your mind dies, it falls into Insanity.

When your soul dies, it falls into Oblivion.

Lord of the shadows
Suspended - Please Contact Myhrginoc
Knight

Post by Lord of the shadows » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:38 pm

ideas:
.make it so that there are scrolls that do spells(like in d1)
.theres no specific spells.instead you use books like in diablo 1
.make there be diffrent classes:the warrior(with d1 warrior graphics)the sorrcerer(with d1 sorrcerer graphics)the rougue(with d1 rougue graphics)mother nature(the funny one :(): )(make druid a female)and the hidden(assasin replacment)(uses d1 hidden graphics)
AHHHHHHH...fresh meat!
-Butcher

What do you want?
To see a mod making site?Then go to my site. http://www.freewebs.com/darkhell/ (changed,now http://www.freewebs.com/burningfire
To go back to phrozen keep? http://d2mods.xfernet.com
Or fresh meat?Visit local butcher.

A-l)nD_ViVi
Banned
Knight

Post by A-l)nD_ViVi » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:08 pm

make it...make it....make it...that everyone shuts up! jk.

make it that the Quill Bears in act1 are easier and have less hp regen
creatures for lowerlevel should have much more exp gain (180mins to lv10 for me)

make many new different prefixes and suffixes such as mana leech based on char level, the weird and wonderful world u can make.

perhaps hostile rogues in town (when u come out they attack u)

Im wondering, are there new runes already, if not make some new ones.

Leveling should be overall very fast for levels under 50.

"ever-changing" items, that change to have different mods, and are rolled every 10 minutes? but they stay the same type of item.

rare charms with 5-10 properties but much weaker than the original magic charms.

and make a good guide in ur website with features.

Ciderax

Post by Ciderax » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:35 am

Realm support if it doesnt already have it :P

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”