cubeliness

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Elyra

cubeliness

Post by Elyra » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:21 am

umm, when i asked about space earlier, and why the inventory/stash are so small, and i asked about the size of the cube, the guy that responded said the cube was huge, and helped out bigtime with space... but im not gettin that... just a regular sized cube... is this a problem with my version or installment? or is it supposed to be tiny too... and wont that seriously hamper the cube recipy posibilities? oh well, just checkin to see if there's something wrong with my game...

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Re: cubeliness

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:35 pm

yes its a small one, whoever has the big one either didnt install it well, or installed an older version :)
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:22 pm

I did leave the cube at the same size it was in normal d2 intentionally, I resizes the actual cube graphics so that they take less space in the inventory therefore making the space gain the cube gives greater then in d2 w/o increasing its size.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:17 pm

i noticed, its just that im playing the 'ancients:fury within' mod at the same time, alternately, and the cube in that version, along with the inventory and stash, are something like 10x10 or something, huge, and cube recipies requiring a lot of large items, so it was just a bit of a 'wow, its that small in regular?' when i got it... used to having more room, thats all, so i had to check =)

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:55 pm

*blush*

The guy with the bad memory concerning cube sizes was me. Sorry, but I confused the mods. It always happens when I play more than one mod at the same time. I really shouldn't do it.
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:02 pm

tsk tsk, confusing an innocent like me like that... shame on you :lol: ahem, sok, im gettin used to it... now i nearly faint everytime i see the cube size on the fury within characters of mine =)

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:49 pm

elyra u playing on the {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} server?
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:07 pm

not that i know of... my bro and i play over tcp/ip at home, we have 2 comps. i could, i do have cable, but i dont know how to go there, or find it, or whatever. it'd be cool to play some multiplayer with this mod, though, but i dont know how.
depending, of course, on if it will put my end user licence at risk, if you play totally [and i mean TOTALLY] legit, as in, no xfer, mule, mh [yuck], char duping, or any sort of illegit play. i cant stand that stuff.
but if none of that is involved, it'd be cool to play with other peeps. can you still do 'players 8' on that mode, though? cuz thats the only mode i play on, otherwise it becomes easy.
Last edited by Elyra on Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:20 pm

the d2 maniac realm has nothing to do with blizzards battle net. its a own server of those guys and i have to say they are really cool, everyone is friendly i didnt meet a pk yet >D

d2 maniac realm tread> viewtopic.php?t=12546
Last edited by DarkChaoS on Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:03 pm

hmm... i downloaded it, and installed it, but i cant get it to work. it shows up on the options for server menu, but when i select it it just keeps saying 'disabled'

any thoughts?

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:50 pm

'disabled' is just the name of the button. Just click it and you'll be connected to the server.

And no, you can't use players x on a closed server. What means you have to find a party if you want to level efficiently.
Last edited by Yonder on Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:25 am

well, i clicked on the button that should connect me, but it says 'unknown version', so i dunno whats up with that. mebbe i need to reboot my comp after installing the file...

also, would one of you ubersmarties [or at least someone who has played a successful necro] check out my post 'necro stuff' because i have some questions on there that i would really appreciate some help with my build with... i dont have a lot of time to play right now, cuz i have exams coming up, so i want my one character i do have time to play a bit to be decent...

thnx a mill.

Edit: Tried rebooting my computer, didnt work. tried reinstalling the patch, didnt work. mind you, i havent been able to get the patch to work [i still only gain 5 stat points if i dont play over tcp/ip with my bro hosting. if i do that, i gain 6; also, my essence charm only gives me like +5% res all, and im lvl 45 now, or 6%, something like that... my bro is lvl 32 and he gets +12% -_-;; ] im sure i installed the patch correctly... but to make sure, what directory do i need to install it to [one of the xyrax / xyrax dll folders, or just my Diablo II Xyrax directory?] since it says it doesnt recognize my version, that might be the case. and it'd be good to know, since im getting my comp totally cleaned out, windows reinstalled, and everything erased, so i start from scratch. too much clutter. so it'd be good to know once i do my fresh install ;)

Elyra

Dawn discovered Her there
Beneath the Cedar's stare
Silk dress torn, Her raven hair
Flown to gown Her beauty bared
Was starred with frost, I knew Her lost
I wept 'til tears crept back to prayer
Last edited by Elyra on Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:11 am

I'd suggest to ask on the board of the {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} server to get the best possible solution to your probs: bnetd.shbe.net

The only thing I can guess at the mom is that you have a version of the diablo2.exe that is not recognized by the server. The server is quite restrictive concerning changed files. Else you have to use LoD's original dll's to run Xyrax.

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:04 pm

hmm, well, mebbe ill wait with that till my comp is redone, i had to postpone it 2 days, so after that ill do a fresh install, and try it again. 8)

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:06 pm

first u have to click the lower disabled button *the one that usually picks the server location* (asia, europe uswest and so on) then choose {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning}, then click the above disabled button and connect make an account and be sure to change to the xyrax realm >)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:58 pm

i know, i did that, [though both buttons continued to say 'disabled'] but now im encountering even more oddities than before i tried to reinstall the most recent patch, like one item was supposed to sell for 2500 [it said 'selling price 2500 gold'] but only sold for 483 gold, or something like that, and now im also encountering a unhandled exception in other situations than just involving my reaper, so im gonna just wait and stop playing it until tomorrow night, so i can do a fresh, clean install, and then try my character again [i backed him up on a floppy so i can save him for after my cleanup, since i'd lose him otherwise]

and can someone PLEASE post a reply to my questions about necro's gear in the 'necro stuff' post?

thnx a mill

Elyra

That fateful Eve when...
The trees stank of sunset and camphor
Their lanterns chased phantoms and threw
An imquisitive glance, like the shadows they cast
On my love picking rue by the light of the moon

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:52 am

Elyra";p="104839" wrote:...and can someone PLEASE post a reply to my questions about necro's gear in the 'necro stuff' post?
The reason nobody answers this is pretty simple IMHO: Nobody knows. :)

The necro has never been too complicated to equip. You need some resistances and lots of skills. Most of the people I know use the necro only to get stuff for the chars that rely more on equipment.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:09 pm

Shield -> NecroPotence (runeword) (make sure to use a nec head with atleast +3 to annihilation or your primary firepower skill!)
Amulet -> Mara's ammy
Helm -> Wisdom (runeword)
Armor -> DragonScale (unique mithril plate)
Belt -> Lord Seth's Skin (for the resistances and faster run/walk)
Ring -> Bul Katho's (x2)
Boots -> WaterWalk
Wand -> Faith of Forgotten Dreams (unique staff of bones) (VERY rare)
Gloves -> MageFist
Essence Charm
6x +3all nec skills books for inv (if your lucky enough to find a single +3 to all skills book, then you are REALLY lucky, its the hardest to-get item in the game!)

You will get to about lvl40-60 in your primary skills this way, and one note, but the suprise, unlike lod, the game will not become boringly easy with such a elite gear, you will only be a bit more secure this way ;)

(note, this is not the best gear, but it will allow you to solo act5 hell in players8+ (excluding Carmantus, the Shadow King of course!)

Just a hint, do NOT try to entire oblivion this way, you need ALOT of damage reduction for oblivion
Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:44 pm

thanx nef, thats a great help =) i still dont know how the heck im gonna get most of that gear, but it does give me a starting point to know what to look for... right now im lvl 45 and on act4 nm, and i cant seem to hurt those blasted abominations in river of flame... only have about 1200 life and 1000 mana, and my anihiliation is lvl 9 w/ plus skills, and req like 120 mana... doesnt take a math genious to figure out i have a HUGE mana shortage... hopefully that'll get better... i do get like 4 mana per char lvl. should i lvl up one of the golems? or just go for revive? oh well, mebbe oneday, when im outta surgery and im in rehab, ill go a little more on the gaming... just dont have time to really explore different builds right now. hopefully soon, though!! :P

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:08 pm

The mana shortage will always exists, not as heavy as its now, but it will still be present even at the max clvl with maxed skills, its actually a part of the planing ;) mana is supposed to run out, a reason for the existance of potions, however, this makes items with +mana regen very important, such as books and various minor set and unique items people would usually ignore else.

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:17 pm

hmm, well, then i say 'thank goodness for the mana pots' ... though im only lvl 45 and i still have to suck 2 super mana pots to fill my mana... thats gonna end up expensive like. oh well, i make enough money...

and speaking of money, will the inventory max always be 50k? cuz thats kinda silly... imho ... since all it means is i have to run back and forth between my stash and the selling guy dropping off piles of 50k each trip... once stuff starts to sell for higher amounts, that could be annoying, i would think... any thoughts? btw, ive just reformatted my comp, and im still missing a driver or 2, so im prolly not gonna reinstall the mod just yet, and mebbe wait for the version with the sorc to come out [as nef has so kindly advertized :mrgreen: ] but im still a highly opinionated guy :) and so will continue to post, regardless {M}

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:15 am

The money system is fully intentional, and is actually a preperation to changes that are planed for the future in which Ill revamp the gold management system.

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:09 am

hmmmmm... IIIIIIIIIINteresting. well, ill be curious to see the whole system fully functional, since as it is, its *kinda irritating* to have to run all the way from whatsis act4 mug to the stash everytime my money fills up [im sure others may feel that] but then again, it is a WIP, so hey, if its gonna be groovin l8r on, thaz coo. =)

Elyra

mmmmmmm, peanuts....

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”