Items, (New Topic, plz no non-item related posts this time)

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.
Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Re: Items, (New Topic, plz no non-item related posts this ti

Post by Vendanna » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:45 pm

chiken-a-pult a item that throws (using tpot animation and angle) a explosive chiken to your enemies and friends :p

Sacred Bows that never get ED but inestead get ed% againts Undeads and Demons, and maybe get a nice light radius (or shoots holy bolts inestead of normal arrows)

-new mod affix for throwing items (sacred) that make the item throw piercing holy bolts that damage demons/undeads and heals your minions :)

too much things that can be done, big thanks to modmakers that are capable of transform a idea to gameplaying features :mrgreen:
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:36 pm

hmm holy bolts with lightning damg sounds interessting lol >)
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:54 pm

Land Mines as a tactic form of combat.

The next release will add two land mines (more to come in the final release!)

Land Mines are exactly like the runes in hellfire, you drop them onto the ground and wait until something steps on it. How ever my land mines will always explode if nothing steps on it as a bonus, usually with nova effects (such as mephistos nuclear impact skill, thought it will be weaker, as its always slvl1)

They always have a quantity of 5 and will be buyable from alkor and of course also findable, wile not being too effective in hell difficulty the ICE landmines will freeze everything (not chill, freeze which is like iceblink) in a specific radius which makes them very useful if you have to run away.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

tiger

Post by tiger » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:53 am

just a crafting idea, for secret items.

Maybee a way to mix two Uniques, and maybee a *quest item in the cube to get a Secret Unique.

Where the Uniques would only be able to be obtained in this method. So maybee a list of 10-20 uniques for just this purpose.

It could work like example:
Butchers Cleaver + (unik Bow) + *quest item= Secret Unique Boots.
but

Butchers cleaver + (unik helmet) +*quest item= Secret Unique Hammer.

So they would not be logical gueses, you would have to experiment.

*And for the quest item, maybee a little reminiscence of Diablo 1, with that item being something like the anvil of fury, or a meteoric rock.

Something you would have to find/earn that will go into the creation of your Seemingly Random Item.

I dont know, but i think it could be neat to have to try lots of combinations to get what item type you want/need.

Also, instead of having to make so many different items for normal/excep/elite.... Just use the same Unique name, but have a boosted set of attributes for the ones crafted at higher char lvls..

or somesuch thing, if thats possible... Maybee have the quest items have a different value, on opposing difficulty lvl's if possible.

just an idea...
-im new, be nice :)

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:25 pm

the idea was nice, but "not logical" makes no sense for me, the recipes I like (for my mod of course) are if possible logical so people don't fried his brains trying to get the desired item.

as idea (you don't see this in Xyrax ;)) I had was Unique Sorceress staff + unique dagger = unique Spear (Quest item so you can't have two) that makes sense since the staff its the lower part, and the point of it its the dagger (and the mods on the lance are from the dagger and the staff + a 2 more) =P

another idea could be a craft recipe for multiplayer only, but its secret for the moment :twisted:
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:53 pm

The idea is nice, very nice, im adding it to the "next patch -todo" list :)
as for the Anvil of Fury, its there :) (not yet) There will be a new enemy that will drop it in River of Flame (not hephasto lol), it will be used for many things, it has the ability to enhance items, but getting it is up to randomness and the enemy that will guard it is VERY hard. the enhance formula will work in a way like:

*any item you want that is considered equipment* + anvil of fury + soulstone shard + scroll = Same Item as Input 1 but with 95% chance to gain 1-100% enhanced damage or defense, amulets and rings will have a chance to gain +% mana/life.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:07 am

but the cube is a bit small for that purpose nef :)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

tiger

Post by tiger » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:22 am

**the idea was nice, but "not logical" makes no sense for me, the recipes I like (for my mod of course) are if possible logical so people don't fried his brains trying to get the desired item.

well the illogical path makes this more of a challenge, that way you dont waltz into the game with a recipe for the best item you need, with out a little effort (or luck)

no pain, no gain ...as they say.
-im new, be nice :)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:17 am

@DarkChaos, not it isnt small ;)
the XyRAX AoF is only 1x1 :)

so:

any item you want that is considered equipment* + anvil of fury + soulstone shard + scroll:

any item 1x1-2x8 + AoF 1x1 + shard 1x1 + scroll 1x1 so it never overfilles :)

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:59 pm

i was refering to the unique + set idea.. lol :)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Halo-X

Post by Halo-X » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:49 pm

A very special armor that can only be assembled once by each character..very insanley immpossible to find the pieces...and it has to be cubed like Khalim's Will in A3.

Make it so you find the pieces in a random temple in A3, in a chest, stash, or basket, and each difficulty allows you to find a different piece of it. Once you get all three, put them in the cube, and :transmute:

Unholy Veil
2000% Enhanced Defense (no clue about what would be a good base armor for it...maybe make a new class altogether...)
Strength requirement at around...500...maybe higher
+3 All skills
-100 Vitality
-80 Dexterity
Whenever equipped, character only has a light radius of 1
Adds 350-475 Fire Damage to attacks
Adds 320-360 Poison over 2 seconds
Adds 300 Magic Damage
6 socketed
When your body dies, it falls into the Earth.

When your mind dies, it falls into Insanity.

When your soul dies, it falls into Oblivion.

A-l)nD_ViVi
Banned
Knight

Different Suffixes/Prefixes

Post by A-l)nD_ViVi » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:21 pm

As you guys were talking about suffixes/prefixes earlier on I think they were a little bit too related. All resist and absorb and enhanced damage already exist. You need something new. I saw another topic with a sword that increased its damage whenever it done more hits. Some people said it was possible.

You MIGHT be able to make a prefix/suffix like that. If not you can always try to make something different. Some things like mana steal or life steal % based on char level? Sometimes its not majority that counts but variety...

Hey in 1.10 there were unique charms and jewels, you could make them if you want.

Nice Mod anyway! Just tried it today.

In my opinion, the Unholy Veil armor is way too godly. 2000% enhanced armor means for a good elite base armor of 1000 defence :) will become 20,000 defence. Nothing will hit well and surely people will find a trick in getting it.
Hey and what about the low-level uniques. They have to be good and right. When I was playing with my low-level char on the mod it took me about 3 hours to get to level 10. Blood Moor is quite impossible, especially Quill Bears, so mabye some early good items would be good.
Not all good items have to be cursed... :)

Oh and to the mod-makers of this great mod, we should make a big list of "common" recipes.
Last edited by A-l)nD_ViVi on Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”