BUGs - post all bug reports in here (plz)

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.
Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: BUGs - post all bug reports in here (plz)

Post by Nefarius » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:29 am

It will follow you as the summons/ressurects get a new AI pushed on them. but it has no walking animation so it will blimp around.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:39 am

good grief :) vendenna u got a screenie?
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:11 am

DarkChaoS";p="76813" wrote:good grief :) Vendanna u got a screenie?
nop, only for the butcher axe display :p, I was in that moment leveling a "Barb" and that's why I probably don't crashed (but if a trap corpse is selectable that means that you can select it also with Revive with a necro.

I tested it with the Find Item (aka Hork!) and guess that? a nice 5% life leech 9% enhanced damage ammy pops up :)

I think this bug is not fixed in the version you have at the moment, so beware what do you revive to avoid a possible crash as Nefarius mentioned above.

Edit: yeah, you fixed it, but maybe not in the download version people had at this moment ;) (well but don't worry too much this effect is exterminated :lol: )
Last edited by Vendanna on Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:49 pm

I meant that I fixed it at the moment you posted this lol.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:13 pm

well, another bug that I just found playing.

noone in Act2 Sell Arrows :cry: probably you forget to make at least one sell little nice arrows so my barb can use the bow I stripped to my rogue merc :mrgreen:

testing the act2 mercs, for the moment he is too low level to said something about him (except that he flee scared when entered the sewers to lvl up :lol: )

a side note, I love the change you did with Andy, she is tough now 8-O eek!

but at least a bit of patiente and arrows (barb using bow :roll: ) taked her down.

so don't forget to add arrows in Act2, the others acts are not reviewed for the moment (except Act1 that works fine)
Last edited by Vendanna on Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Omen's production

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:48 pm

[Deleted post, since 'bugs' were caused by a mod I hadn't uninstalled correctly]
Last edited by Xcolibri on Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:11 pm

Vendanna, elzix or whatever is his name sells arrows. If you open misc.txt you will see all of them sell arrows but because of some error in the game itself and the way misc.txt is handled in the large item table they never get spawned at some npcs, I cant fix this. (If you want arrows they wont sell anything else such as oils of accuracy)

XColibri, that happens if you lack leveldefs.bin, but because I never edited the tistram map so you should check if you may have a number of different mods mixed up.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:32 pm

Nefarius";p="77426" wrote:Vendanna, elzix or whatever is his name sells arrows. If you open misc.txt you will see all of them sell arrows but because of some error in the game itself and the way misc.txt is handled in the large item table they never get spawned at some npcs, I cant fix this. (If you want arrows they wont sell anything else such as oils of accuracy)
well, I don't worry too much, since monsters can drop arrows and you always can g to other acts and buy them in the worst of the cases.

Black Omen's production

Xcolibri
Champion of the Light

Post by Xcolibri » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:25 am

Well, I played Zy-El before, so that might cause the problem. Do you happen to know which file could make the trouble. I think the only one which came with Zy-El, which was not replaced by Xyrax Dlls was the fog.dll, but I have no idea what it does. Also, changing it to my backup-ed old one, it says generic bad file data :(
Guess it's best to try a clean install...

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:37 pm

Hey Nef, found something strange, but I need to test it a bit more.

18:58:05.130 -------- FILE: urce\D2Client\UNIT\CUnit.cpp LINE: 1436 --------
Assertion Failure
Expression : (UINT)nAnimFrame <= tCelContext.dwCelsPerDirection

it happened in the Canyon of Blood with those new creatures added, I was killing a leaper when one of them [spoiler] those reptil-like looking [/spoiler] entered in my screen and then *poof* crash =/

edit: yes, they are the problem, I crashed now twice with them, only needs to appear on screen and voila! frozen CPU. (so I think its a problem of the graphics aka not the exact amount of frames)

edit2: ok, then next time we are online send it so I can suffer their attacks :P
Last edited by Vendanna on Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Omen's production

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:51 am

I think I forgot to send you the new animdata.d2 in the dev update sry :oops:
Last edited by Nefarius on Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aerendur

Post by Aerendur » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:04 pm

Not 100% sure its a bug. But Pul rune has no mods.. Its just a plain rune with black rows.. This supposed to be like that?

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:20 pm

Aerendur";p="78208" wrote:Not 100% sure its a bug. But Pul rune has no mods.. Its just a plain rune with black rows.. This supposed to be like that?
it has no mod? I'm going to test it and see it.

Edit: it has no mods visible on it (since there was no +durability mod on normal LOD) but this is what the rune does.

[spoiler] +50 durability in all fields aka weapon/helm/armor/shield [/spoiler]

hope this helped you a bit (woohoo! my Barb "just" found a Pul rune :P)

and for nef, you remember these beasts from Act2 that crashed my game? they are really nice, but it has a bug in one of his animations (I think its gethit animation when they are facing down) because when I hit them from the lower part (I hit to north and they hit from south to me) they get hit, but some dissapear 1 frame and then reappears =/

Duriel its easy compared with Andariel, he need a little boost or maybe another skill change (like frenzy?) since he didn't gaved me a scratch :(

edit2: to Aerendur, this is what you are loking for :

viewtopic.php?t=9067 it will get increased every month :) and you always can wrote in that place if you fund a new runeword too (prefer assigning the tag ([spoiler] and [(spoiler] without the ([/url]
Last edited by Vendanna on Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Omen's production

Aerendur

Post by Aerendur » Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:41 am

Ok thanks.. I could just check some files myself. But dont wanna spoil too much (yet)..

I keep finding fal runes (have about 10 now).. Should go and try some runewords. But with just one known word its hard to guess another..

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:10 am

I posted 5 other runewords some time ago.

Aerendur

Post by Aerendur » Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:38 pm

Got a linky for that? I looked around the forum in the related threads but didnt find them. Dont wanna waste runes without a clue at all. I have a few ideas about how u could have done it. The biggest problem will be finding the enabled items..

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:14 pm

Aerendur";p="78382" wrote:Got a linky for that? I looked around the forum in the related threads but didnt find them. Dont wanna waste runes without a clue at all. I have a few ideas about how u could have done it. The biggest problem will be finding the enabled items..
just search for the word spoiler :)
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:31 pm

Error on Durance of Hate lvl 1

14:26:05.060 -------- FILE: urce\D2Hell\SRC\Archive.cpp LINE: 59 --------

File Read Error
Expression : DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\j1\COF\j1NUhth.COF
---finished error callback---

it happened when I was leaping over the monsters to reach the Durance of Hate lvl 2, I saw two demon portals and a lot of Lightings from the old Will of the whisp, probably one of the demon portals bringed a non-possible monster :( well, hope this error help you to fix it (if possible)

Edit: fixed hey Meph was easier than with my necro, mabe because the 10% dual leech ammy that my barb gambled :roll:

a note, the Act2-3 steel bettles doesn't shoot their deadly projectiles if you shoot at them with arrows, this is a feature or a bug?

Edit: Can't do that, at least not with the crappy bow I had at the moment, maybe when I had a better bow I can test it (you know, barbs doesn't do too much damage with bows) but nice to know.
Last edited by Vendanna on Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black Omen's production

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:30 pm

Its not installed correctly on your machine as it seams, because it just says a COF file could not be found (that is present overhere for this matter) look if you have J1NUHTH.COF, if you dont have it snatch it from the patch.

EDIT: The scarabs need to go into hit recovery to release bolts, magic missiles usually have gethit set to 1, which always knocks the target into GH, same with melee attacks, but arrows dont really do so most of the time, try to see what happens when you do 500 dmg.
Last edited by Nefarius on Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:41 am

the unique "hew" has no 150% damage to demons and is an Axe type weapon. only to inform you.

Edit: well my barb has finished Normal at level 47 (but I think I'm going to level a bit more before enter nightmare)

what do you thought when you designed those Evil Advocates, their magic proyectiles are deadly (3 = 1200 life gone and dead Vendanna) and they flee when they are near you :x

I was Paranoid on the lvl 3 trying to lure them one or two at the same time with taunt, but I'm expecting others characters die faster for less life, this will make less variation (impossible to make a melee necro or sorc with those beasties around)

I also died 9 times with the Shadow King (coward! don't run, afront *Ith* like a man *cough*) :roll: this :x can't be lured with my trap and he alone killed me all the time I spent on the Act 5 (without dieing) nice hing that I leveled first before facing him :mrgreen:

but I think most people will also have problems with him, so maybe do something with their numbers on the worldstone lvl 3 could be nice.
Last edited by Vendanna on Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Omen's production

tiger

Post by tiger » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:15 pm

maybee it was touched on, but i was just messing around after i installed the patch, and the barbs bloodbath skill seems broken, or something.

He does not do any attack when attempting to target an enemy, the only time i can get the attack animation is by shift clicking in open space, and this generally results in the barb getting Stuck in the spot he lands on.
-im new, be nice :)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:47 pm

you didnt install the patch correctly. this happens when you lack the modified d2game.dll.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:15 am

Not really a bug, so much as an imbalance.

Flavie gives WAY too much EXP. I was able to get up to level 20 just off of her. :D It took me less than 10 minutes.

You might want to nerf that a smidge next version.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:27 pm

Gilgamesh";p="84628" wrote:Not really a bug, so much as an imbalance.

Flavie gives WAY too much EXP. I was able to get up to level 20 just off of her. :D It took me less than 10 minutes.

You might want to nerf that a smidge next version.
he, and I leveled up to 24 only with the burial grounds where you kill blood raven :D

probably a little balance with her could be done in a near future.

also, I just noticed that the orcs had two heads :P, same with the trolls :roll:

Black Omen's production

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh » Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:52 am

Okay, I noticed a typo on one of the item names. Snakeskin(or is it serpentskin?) Gridle should be 'Girdle'.

I had two crashes in act 1, one in the outer cloister when I got hit by the edge of a devilkin's nova, one in Tristram on the approach to Tristram's boss. If you want the error logs, I can send em'.

On a balancing note, I find it a bit(read: REALLY) hard to level up killing normal monsters. They seem to give too little EXP. I'm level 29 in act 3, and I kill so slowly there and get so little exp from the monsters that I level up faster in Act 1. (Heck, I gain EXP faster in the blood moor than I do in the arcane sanctuary and in the jungles of act 3.) It's getting a bit bothersome, and quite a bit painful on the fingers to do all that clicking. =P While I can still make plenty of EXP off boss monsters, it's hard tracking them down, and the later ones don't give nearly as much EXP as the earlier ones.

One last thing - What's the deal with two handed swords? They're so much weaker than one handed swords. Is this a bug? Or intentional?

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”