BUGs - post all bug reports in here (plz)

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.
Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

BUGs - post all bug reports in here (plz)

Post by Nefarius » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:52 pm

Just to keep the forum cleaner
Every bug report should be posted here.
Last edited by Nefarius on Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

Rodin

Re: BUGs - post all bug reports in here (plz)

Post by Rodin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:39 am

Just two things right now.....

1st is the minor healing potions, which seem VERY weak right now...useless after cold plains.

2nd is that the earth crystal has no apparent stats, although I haven't reached a high enough level to socket it yet....

EDIT: Just reached act 2, and light healing potions aren't much better...course I have around 380 life right now which explains a lot (I'm getting 110 life from a ring and an amulet), but neither item was very rare at all, so I'd imagine many ppl will have same problem.
Last edited by Rodin on Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"According to the doctors, I have a short atten....oooh something shiny!"

-Fighter, 8-bit theater.

Rodin

Post by Rodin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:28 am

This isn't really a bug, but more of a balance issue, but this seems like the best place to put this. I had to fight with myself to post this also, but...

My necro is on a RAMPAGE....nothing short of the scarab beetles bolts can come even close to doing me in...I did the 3rd level of the maggot lair with my weapon broken :firedevil: It may just be due to my awesome equipment that I got b4 the gambling patch though...all parts of artic set other than bow, and tarnhelm, and gorefoot really help out :) But I think the skeletons are little messed...the basic skellies seem to be pretty damaged, but the mages slaughter enemies in two hits (although it only takes a couple of hits to bring the skelly mages down as well). The only time I even need to step in to fight is when a boss shows up. Course I normally go charging in anyway, cause thats fun :) Like I said I had a hard time bringing myself to report this, since this guys my first DECENT necro EVER....

Oh yeah, and where in the HELL did ya put radamant and the cube???? Into the far oasis and no sign.....well if its just well hidden don't say anything, but I'd like to know if it just went missing, as my entire stash and inventory are loaded with gems :!:

-Fighter, 8-bit theater.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:10 am

* Health potions heal in a different way then they did in d2, they actually give MORE hp now, even it dosent display. The hp rings and stuff are not intended to be rare. Later on you will often find 100-150+ mana/hp on items.

* This crystal bug will be fixed in the next patch (read the "new release" topic)

* I didnt get around to rebalance the mage missiles yet, they do way to much base damage now, thought besides that I dont think there is alot wrong about them. (yes, the "golems" are intentionally so good, they wouldent stand a chance on hell else) (to be fixed within the next release)

* Please read that other existing topic, I replied with some very obscure details :twisted: its there but I aint telling ya where ;)
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:23 am

the new release is nearly ready :)
Im going to add some use for the Black Mushroom first thought :)

go to the new release topic to see what it adds besides that

Fosses

Post by Fosses » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:40 pm

Well, this isn't a bug, but I'll post it here anyway:
The mod is to easy!! :-|
I'm playing a javazon, and she is killing most monsters in act 2 with 1-2 hits and not because I'm using any uber equipment or anything.
The first half of act 1 is hard enough, but then it just gets easier and easier. Andariel was a joke, she died in 20 sec without doing more then about 100 dmg to me. Now I'm playing with the "players x" command to make the enemies a litle bit harder.
Don't get me wrong, I love your mod, but it isn't realy as challenging as you told us it would be. :(

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:41 pm

the next release makes it harder
there are much greater penalities on normal/nm/hell.
*Besides normal is always easy ;)

And dont forget
this is a preview version, which means that its not even close to being completed. The balancing will be done way after the development ends.
Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fosses

Post by Fosses » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:11 pm

Thats great to hear :D

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:19 pm

just to show what has been done to penalities:

resistance:
normal -30
nm -90
hell -160

exp:
normal 25%
nm 50%
hell 100%

I may move nm monster resistances no normal and the hell ones to nm if this dosent make it harder as well. but it is harder now me and vendanna are testing it right now thru a IP game.

* im going to nerf some of the direct damage skills later on today as well.
Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaDeS

Post by GaDeS » Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:59 pm

the only thing i fond that wasnt already posted was that i keep getting an assertion failure after killing a poison spitter in the bottomless pit... for some reason ths spitters in the bottomless pit make me crash but not any others...

says assertion failure..
VK Ownz! :P

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:24 pm

there arent any poison spitters in the act 1 bottomless pit ???
Besides please follow the error posting rules (viewtopic.php?t=8230), there are a quintillion reasons for a crash. Just saying Assertion dosent really help me in any way...

Koolaid

Post by Koolaid » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:56 pm

The mods on the small earth elemental gem (level 20) are not showing up for some reason... every other type seems to be ok so far though..

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:00 pm

Please dont post stuff that was posted before :roll:
I noticed this pretty long ago after Vendanna found one of them, if you check the "new release" sticky tread you will see it has been fixed in the next release.
Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodin

Post by Rodin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:35 pm

Here's my Act II report.....

Early sections seem to be need of a little something (particularly the sewers and halls of the dead) given that there are no quests associated with those locations any more. Oh yeah, and I FINALLY found the cube and radamant. But I'm not sayin' where, find em yourself :mrgreen:

Course I can't use my cube to get rid of my masses of chipped gems cause Nefarius changed the cube recipes :x Gotta find out the reagent I need I guess....

The sewers seem a little bit TOO green...maybe a lighter shade here? Everywhere else looks great though.

I've noticed that either I'm incredibly lucky or unlucky (depending on how you look at it) as regards to set items, or the drop rates are still kinda messed...so far I've gotten Death's hand and thats it for any set other than arctic. However, I've gotten 2 arctic belts, 2 arctic armors and no less than 4 (FOUR!) gauntlets. I got 2 of em in one drop! Well maybe two drops, cause they may have dropped simultaneously from 2 different monsters, but the result was the same.

And finally my previous comment about potions. I wasn't talking about the actual health displayed on the potion, but rather the APPARENT effect. For instance, I got knocked down to 1 health by a poison nova, and it took me my entire belt of light potions just to get back to full health. I'm not suggesting a LARGE increase, but just something to make them useful for the Act that you can buy them in.

Trenches can be poisoned, which just don't seem right :)

Overall I'm finding amazingly little problems though! Gonna go back and try and finish act II.

-Fighter, 8-bit theater.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:47 pm

Im nearly done uploading Release 2 its at 90% now :)
It makes things ALOT harder, because boosts from minon masteries, VoS and all direct damage dealers has been decreased.

Sets drop more often Im aware of this, ín the final release there will be new sets as well, so you wont get all the same crap over and over again

Rodin

Post by Rodin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:11 pm

The goat lords seem to have a couple aesthetic problems...they leave no corpses, but can be ressurected (just got to find em with your mouse). Also, the doom knight sound on those doesn't sound goatlike at all. Maybe you could use the D1 sound effect for minotaurs for these...

My necro isn't dominating anymore though (good thing).

Knockback on the firebat missiles combined with their speed makes it REALLY hard to close to meelee range, particularly when they are in large groups.

Also, what counts as reagents? All monster body parts, or just those which have no apparent function? I'm still searching for the upgrade gem recipe (I'm starting to think about just dumping 50+ chipped gems to give myself some ROOM)

-Fighter, 8-bit theater.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:14 pm

the gem upgrade recipe was disable :twisted:
About the sounds, sorry, I cant change this for now. Im still decoding the sound tables in d2client.dll.

Btw goatloards "burn" to death, as their DT anim shows, But i left them to be reviveable because they are pretty neat summons.
Last edited by Nefarius on Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodin

Post by Rodin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:23 pm

AAAAAAAAAAARGGGH!!!! You coulda mentioned that earlier! :x :OI:

Time to spend 20 minutes sellin' ma gems.....lol....

My summons attack the bone walls that I create, although I think this was true in LoD (not sure, I pretty much NEVER put points into this at that time). However my skellies actually managed to destroy a couple of the burning skeletons. This latest patch probly fixes that much. But if you could manage to make it so the summons will ignore the wall it would be great :)

Downloading latest version now...MUHAHA

-Fighter, 8-bit theater.

Rodin

Post by Rodin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:34 pm

LOL funniest bug yet :rotf:

Creature : Cliff Lurker
Type : Not X-lated call etc. etc....

Nothing really big since lurkers are getting removed but it was so funny I had to report it ;)

Btw, the blood canyon looks DAMN cool!

-Fighter, 8-bit theater.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:40 pm

thats not a bug :), you ran over a developers internal txt note lol.
I usually add comments such as "DISPOSEABLE" into monstats.txt (bin) to mark the fact that this enemy is going to be kicked out of the final release. Because im to lazy to add a entry for "DISPOSEABLE" to string.tbl it will show as a -not xlated call ken which means as much as "hey you stated a string that dosent exist, hence im going to print this ugly pointless message were ever it is loaded"

Koolaid

Post by Koolaid » Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:30 am

hmmm... deleted the old folder.. ran the new setup files... my inventory and stash overlays are ok but the inventory sizes are standard.. little messed up.. is it just a file outta place?

*Nevermind... deleted it all and redid it again and its fine now..
Last edited by Koolaid on Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodin

Post by Rodin » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:03 am

Magical keys don't work :( The increased stack size still has 10, and the auto-refilling stacks dont.

-Fighter, 8-bit theater.

Koolaid

Post by Koolaid » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:14 am

if you downloaded the non-mpq version, make sure you delete the old xyrax folder before running the setup.exe.. then run the setup.vbs... my keys are working fine.. so if u get the setup done right yours should work too ;)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:34 am

thats exactly what the "new release" tread said, you must re-run all the setup steps, else you would overwrite the bin files with normal d2 junk.

The increased quantity will only work if the key has replenish quantity as well, else it will be stuck at 10 ;)
Last edited by Nefarius on Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koolaid

Post by Koolaid » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:08 am

It's not a big issue.. but the special charms have lower resistance per level than what you stated in the B release note.. My character is level 30 and the charm is only 4% resist all.. no problems tho.. game is smooth.. way tougher now :mrgreen: im off to kill more baddies now..

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”