New Story : Power of Hatred

Information and updates for the Belize's Revenge mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

No votes

Total votes: 0

DDDiablo
Forum Regular
Angel

New Story : Power of Hatred

Post by DDDiablo » Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:35 am

Code: Select all

Introduction

Ok students, welcome to your first session of the world history class. To understand the history of the Sanctuary, you must know the forces that influence it. As you all know, God and the Prime Evils play a major role in this power play. Many heroes arisen in the time of chaos. These heroes helped bring about the Golden Age as seen today. Last year, you all studied the Hoadriem, the Age of Terror and the peace that followed it. This year, you'll study the Age of Lies, and its consequences. As always during a major war in the factions of Hell that involves Sanctuary, heroes rise up to defend it, but demons too. This year, you will learn about one such Prime Evil, Mephisto the Lord of Hatred and his path to power. The demon archives kept a very clear record of Mephisto's rise to power and we will be using it as our main information source this year. Everyone download the archive to your palmtops please, here is student access. 

Also, do know that I expect you to do all your homework this year, anyone who does not will be sent to the virtual principle's office……………..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Belize's Revenge, the story of a Prime Evil's Rise to power, as Mephisto: The Lord of Hatred. Prepare to enter the world of Hate and Darkness as Mephisto fight for his right as ruler of Sanctuary, Hell and Heaven. 

DDDiablo Proudly Presents:

Power of Hatred

Part 1: News of Belize
Chapter 1: News of Belize

Alright, everyone turn to page 2349, yes, News of Belize. Who wants to read? Alright, Michael, you go.

The Lord of Hatred was banished to Hell once again. His little brother, Diablo, the Lord of Terror joined him a few weeks later. 

Diablo was trying to find his own way out. Baal had established connection with Diablo after 200 years of searching. 

"Ah, I finally found you brother!" said Baal gladly. 

"Well done Baal, well done, should I let Mephisto in on our secret?"

"No, only two to share the power, we can get it done now."

"That is acceptable," Diablo replied. "What of Belize?"

"I heard that he is still under the rubble of the Worldstone, I'll make sure he stays there forever. I'll cast a spell sometime in the next two hundred years."

"And what of the power sources?"

"I was unable to locate the original, though I have made two copies. What I need is for you to come over here and bind one of them to you."

"And what of the plans to retrieve me from hell?"

"That's all arranged," Baal assured him, "I just need to do some simple research and it'll be done." 

Diablo nodded quietly, "contact me when you're done," he said.

Mephisto knocked on the door. 

Quickly, Diablo turned off the portal. "Come in," he said.

Mephisto entered and collapsed onto a chair. "I've just spent the whole day trying to subdue Andariel. She's amazingly noisy and is yelling about Ilizamaza and Gilliap. You know that they are still stuck somewhere in Sanctuary, right? Well, Andariel tried to start an uprising but she was vanquished. You've done nothing to help, why were you in bed all day?"

Diablo smiled mysteriously, "That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

Mephisto's face turned a dangerous shade. "Who do you think you are?" Mephisto asked, "quit that {filtered}, I'm still your older brother."

Mephisto promptly walked over to Diablo and slapped him in the face. Diablo jumped out of bed and faced Mephisto. He then shoved Mephisto back a few feet. Mephisto stopped, astounded. 

"No respect now anymore eh? You will pay for that," said Mephisto quietly. Mephisto left the room. 

Diablo merely smirked and lied back down on his bed, imagining what he would do to his stupid big brother if he had the chance. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baal shook his head as he looked at his chief advisers. "What do you think of Diablo Axe Dweller?" he asked. 

Axe Dweller shook his head, "Diablo has become overly inquisitive, who did you entrust his power source to again?"

"The OverLord," said Baal, "why?"

"That's a very good choice," Axe Dweller responded, "OverLord is the one closest to you even though he officially serves Diablo, he can also be very "careless" and just might "accidentally" lose it, if you ever have the need to eliminate Diablo, you can do it through him." 

Vinvear Molech nodded his agreement. "But you should also take some precautionary measures on the OverLord to make sure that he doesn't defect to Diablo."

Baal nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose you're right, but that can wait. We got plenty of time after all."

Vinvear Molech bowed, "As your highness wish."

"Any news," asked Baal

Magma Torquer stepped forward. "We have news from the field sir. It seems as if the Barbarian Council of Warriors finally found out that you're not in Hell sir. They used an anti-reviver and killed Pindleskin for the last time. The Council is now "officially" looking for you sir. We should prepare for the worst attack possible. My suggestion, leave this place and find a new base of operations. Lie low until Diablo can join us."

"Yes," said Baal, "though that will stretch the time of freeing Diablo, it's the best approach, where do you suggest we go?"

100 Years Later-Read Official Belize's Revenge Story

"Ah yes," said Baal, "I have finally found it my brother!" 

Diablo looked at the object eagerly, "It's an urn, and yes yes yes I know, it's a very special urn."

Baal beamed at him, "yes of course, this urn will have to contain the ash of someone who died in terror to open the portal to the section of hell you're in. And then of course, you'll be free. But first, the urn."

"This is the easy part, bring in the woman!" Baal ordered. 

The woman was brought in blindfolded, she was then ordered to stand in the urn. The demons nearby then took off the blindfold and the woman looked at Baal straight in the eye, and let out a bloodcurdling scream. She fainted. Quickly, Baal launched an inferno straight at her, destroying her body, and her ashes quietly went to the bottom of the urn. Baal grinned. 

Diablo nodded his approval, "Well, go on."

"It's not that easy, there's a complicated ritual and spell that needs to be preformed. I'll catch you later."

Part 1: News of Belize
Chapter 2: Initiation

"Brother!" Baal yelled, "your day of ascension is at hand!" 

Mephisto walked in at that moment, unannounced. 

Diablo immediately disconnected the portal and turned around to face Mephisto. But it was a bit too late, Mephisto saw what was going on. 

Mephisto nodded, "I thought so."

Diablo pretended that nothing happened. "What do you mean?"

Mephisto looked at Diablo. "You were communicating with Baal weren't you? I always knew you too was up to something fishy. What does Baal mean when he said your day of ascension is at hand?"

"Nothing, I'm just leaving Hell for a small vacation in Sanctuary."

Mephisto looked at Diablo in total surprise. 

"What do you mean?" he asked.

Diablo looked nonchalant, "Well, Baal is here to break me out." 

Mephisto stared at Diablo in total amazement. "What about me?" he asked.

Diablo merely shrugged as the sky darkened into an unnatural degree and lightning flashed. A red portal appeared. Diablo turned to his brother with a smile. 

"I guess this is goodbye for now", he said. 

Diablo turned back to the portal as Mephisto's face grew dark. He took to the air and jumped on Diablo's back. Diablo roared in rage and turned around, trying to swat Mephisto off. Mephisto jumped off Diablo and made a mad dash for the portal. Diablo looked at Mephisto desperately and charged him. Mephisto was caught in the back, totally unprepared and he stumbled. Grabbing Diablo by the horns, Mephisto tried to throw him to the ground. Diablo unleashed his awesome Lightning Inferno and caught Mephisto straight in the chest. But surprisingly, Mephisto held on with all his strength and retaliated with a stunning blow to the head. Gritting his teeth, Diablo swung his spiked tail around, trying to hit the nimble Mephisto. Being older and more experienced has its kicks as Mephisto jumped over the tail of Diablo and hit him with a double flying kick. Diablo stumbled backwards and finally felled down when a lightning bolt hit him in his face. Mephisto calmly stepped over Diablo and toward the portal. Just as he reached it, Mephisto felt a hand around his shoulder and was pushed forward into the portal. Furiously, Mephisto turned back to Diablo but only to receive an Ice Claw in the face. The Hell Portal closed behind them and Baal could be seen on the other side. Baal reached for Diablo with his claws, Diablo jumped toward Baal but was caught by Mephisto on the leg. Mephisto pulled and launched an Ice Skull Blast at Baal's tentacles, causing him to lose hold. The portal closed. Furious, Diablo turned to Mephisto and clawed him in the face again, charged him with his horns and trampled him. Mephisto threw him off and retaliated with Poison Clouds and Charge Bolts. Diablo ran around, trying to avoid the Charged Bolts without much success. Finally he just encased Mephisto in a Bone Cage. Mephisto stopped. Diablo stood opposite him and no one moved. Finally it all sunk in, what happened in the past few minutes. They were stuck in the void, never to escape.

Read Standard Belize's Revenge Story

Meanwhile, back in Sanctuary……

"Welcome back Belize, we have been waiting for this day," said the Barbarian Council Member Ultima to Belize. "We know of your desire to bring revenge onto Baal and we think that we can help. We approve of your plans because we also dislike Baal, he is after all a Prime Evil, doesn't the enemy of your enemy make your our friend? If you choose to accept our help, please do say so."

"It doesn't look as if I have much of a choice Ultima," replied Belize, "please tell me how you can help me." 

"We can send out messages to all the realms so that the inhabitants of Sanctuary will receive you in kindness. We also have important information to offer you. As you know, Baal is trying to summon Diablo. That is what awakened you. But the spell will do more than that, Mephisto will undoubtedly recognize his chance to break free too. Our sources tells us that Mephisto is not willing to work with Diablo and is your childhood friend. He will probably help you defeat Baal if you happen to be the one to rescue him. Sources tells us that he is in the thick of the second smallest Amazon Island, in the forest Noldkrick. There will be a clearing and in the clearing you will find a portal. And in the portal will be Diablo, and Mephisto. But first, you might want to go back to your old Forbidden Fortress and find your brothers."

Belize nodded, "I will do that," he said, "but there is to be nobody accompanying me, or else I will get very angry."

Ultima nodded his agreement, "Your wish is granted."

Belize smiled, "Well, it seems as if we are in agreement, I am glad that we can help each other. I will now take my leave."

Ultima made a slight dismissive gesture with his hands, Belize took it as his dismissal but to the Guardian Magician on the roof above, it has quite a different meaning. Swagma's hands glowed and power flowed from his wand to his hands. A cloud settled itself gently in the space between the Council Members and Belize. The cloud dissolved, and the small parasites dropped onto the floor, quickly attaching themselves to Belize. With a twitch of Belize's strong caterpillar legs, he was gone. 

Belize traveled far away, the Barbarian Council is unclear where Belize had gone, it was all too fast. A blink, and they were there. The parasites were confused about the direction they had gone in, however, this matters not as they got there. 

Belize stopped in the middle of a desert and took a look around. 

"I'm here", he thought.

Belize walked a few meters forward. Chanting, as he goes, he went around in a big circle. Finally he stopped and stared above him for a long while. The air shimmered, and a huge portal appeared. It was a pole sticking right up from the sand. In the center of the pole was a circle, and around the circle is the portal. Belize closed his eye in deep concentration. Slowly he lifted himself with magic, and slowly he reached the height of the portal. Stepping through, he came into a huge cavern. 

Shouts could be heard. "Someone's in the portal Chamber!" 

Belize quickly ran for the exit and ran right into a few Death Maulers. Belize ignored them, and ran right pass them into a narrow hallway, with them yelling in his ear. Suddenly, a pack of Moon Lords appeared in front of him, stopping him. Belize stopped. The Moon Lord immediately charged, without waiting for Belize to say anything. Belize turned around, seeing the Death Maulers running toward him. Belize cursed and with a wave, a devastating orange missile appeared in the air, flying toward the Moon Lords. The Moon Lords collapsed, and Belize ran right past them, ignoring their shouts and death cries. 

Belize exited the hallway, and came into another huge cavern. The magic could be felt in the air. There were 3 halls leading from the cavern. Belize seemed to know where to go, and the Barbarian council was busy tracking him. However, unluckily for both him and the demons, ahead of him, blocking the hall, was dozens of Enslaved. 

Belize cursed again, "{filtered}", he murmured. 

Belize turned the other way and ran back into the Cavern, only to find the other 2 halls full of Enslaves. The way he came from was packed with Death Maulers now. Belize thought frantically. 

"It's no use", he decided. "I'll have to fight my way out of this."

Watching quietly from the corner of his eye, Belize felt a roar as the whole previously empty cavern suddenly became packed with demons as they all ran forward as one single unit. 
Ok what do you guys think? This is only the first 2 chapters and the intro. More later on.

Return to “Belize's Revenge”