The Black Parade

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Re: The Black Parade

Post by prodigypm » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Marvell" wrote:I can't even kill the thing in the Den -_- lol and I keep getting unhandled exceptions
:) Thats normal - The mod is unstable ... and pretty easy / difficulty :D 2 days and it was a peace of cake :D
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Marvell

Post by Marvell » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 am

prodigypm" wrote:
Marvell" wrote:I can't even kill the thing in the Den -_- lol and I keep getting unhandled exceptions
:) Thats normal - The mod is unstable ... and pretty easy / difficulty :D 2 days and it was a peace of cake :D
How do you kill that thing lol I'm using a pally -_-

ki4m

Post by ki4m » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 am

read the quest info, you need a sword to destroy it...

and about difficulty, It's really way too easy atm, I liked the difficulty of the old version way more. pls make it harder Shex, maybe not as hard as the old one but still challenging..
I need more Dropbox space, pls register using this referal link, so you and me get 250mb more space:
http://db.tt/sbpJWYD1

System1

Post by System1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Lol, Shex this is AWESOME!
How did you make it snow in act 1?

robizeratul

Post by robizeratul » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:01 am

what's the chance of seeing some updates? there's something special here...

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Post by Chiron » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:06 pm

robizeratul" wrote:what's the chance of seeing some updates? there's something special here...
SheX promised make the BIG WORLD project (it must combine his mods) and post some screenshots at diablozone.net, but it was 2 or 3 years ago. But you can install original mod (TBPv1.0). It is more MORE difficult than this version.

I also hope to play at final version someday.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:11 pm

@Chiron
TBR is probably the most beautiful mod i have seen, it is how a Diablo game should look like. You can see the amount of detail and character that has been put into the mod, the atmosphere is perfect!
Anyway... do u have any link the BIG WORLD project? cause i dont seem to be able to find anything related to it.

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Post by Chiron » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Doub" wrote:@Chiron
TBR is probably the most beautiful mod i have seen, it is how a Diablo game should look like. You can see the amount of detail and character that has been put into the mod, the atmosphere is perfect!
Anyway... do u have any link the BIG WORLD project? cause i dont seem to be able to find anything related to it.
There is not any link, 'cause "BIG WORLD Project is coming." (SheX's sign), but who knows, when it coming...

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 pm

A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since that time. The black parade is part of my soul. Diablo is part of my soul. I am very pleased to read what you write. I really want to release this mod. But .... I'm not the same as before, we all grew up. Job, days, routine ... I have a new computer, some of my work is lost. But I still have not deleted the "My Mods" folder.
I do not know why I went to this forum today, this thread. It felt like something, maybe it's Christmas spirit? But right now, I'll install Diablo II on my computer. I must keep the promise to you and to myself. The Black Parade must rise again!
Thank you for all your words. Thank you for your anticipation.
p.s. Translation into English - Google Translate.

Merry Christmas.
SheX.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:39 am

Welcome back SheX. Long time no see. Be sure to check out the Phrozenkeep Discord if you stay for longer.

Edit: Spelling. Thanks for pointing out;).

Cheers
AlphA

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:31 am

Yesterday, I restored all the mod files I had. I started the game with a new character and successfully passed the first act.
Mod is playable, no crashes or bugs are found.
And today at Christmas, I declare that the work on the mod is resumed.

Merry Christmas The Phrozen Keep. :)

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:20 am

Hi SheX.

Any update, or maybe it is too early to ask.

Just curious, anyway, I wanted to open some random chest but the game crashed with UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) error.

Reporting just in case since you said "no crashes" :mrgreen:

I hope you will continue as you said and that at some point in the future we will be able to fully enjoy your mod, or at least act 2. :rightthumb:

Thank you

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Talic wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:20 am
Hi SheX.

Any update, or maybe it is too early to ask.

Just curious, anyway, I wanted to open some random chest but the game crashed with UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (C0000005) error.

Reporting just in case since you said "no crashes" :mrgreen:

I hope you will continue as you said and that at some point in the future we will be able to fully enjoy your mod, or at least act 2. :rightthumb:

Thank you
Hi Talic.
Version from moddb.com should be without crashes. it was tested many times. I don't understand how you get bug.
Anyway try to download from this link http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-black-par ... rade-act-1
p.s. The Black Parade is NOT compatible with D2modSE.
Cheers :)

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 pm

SheX - Lost Mage wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 pm
Hi Talic.
Version from moddb.com should be without crashes. it was tested many times. I don't understand how you get bug.
Anyway try to download from this link http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-black-par ... rade-act-1
p.s. The Black Parade is NOT compatible with D2modSE.
Cheers :)
That is what I have on my pc.

D2modSE - Are you talking about D2SE as it says bellow or you think on sth else. :scratchhead:
SheX - Lost Mage wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 pm
Req. Diablo II LoD 1.10 and D2SE Modmanager V2.2.0
SheX - Lost Mage wrote:
Installation:
For playing you must have D2SE Modmanager V2.2.0
Unpack The Black Parade folder in MODS folder in your D2 directory.
Run D2SE Modmanager and select The Black Parade.
Attention! DO NOT RUN MOD IN GLIDE MODE!!!
I mean, no problem if it is not compatible with D2SE, but there are files for it included in download. :mrgreen:

It doesn't matter if game crashed, it happened only once, and with some chest, anything else seems to work without any problem.

First quest is a little bit weird, there is some info about Runaway prisoner - you get sth from him once it is dead, with some lvl 1 skill (arcane door) which can't be used, and next time when I open the quest log it says that I should combine amulet and the sword in some bag.

I was able to kill all monsters with the starting gear, but I'm still trying to find out what/where is Fury of Enslaved Souls to destroy the Soul Controller, since it is immune to all as I can see.

Will be back if I succeed to complete the first quest.

Thank you once again. :D

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Talic wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 pm

That is what I have on my pc.
Ok, I'll make new build.
Talic wrote:
D2modSE - Are you talking about D2SE as it says bellow or you think on sth else. :scratchhead:
I mean, no problem if it is not compatible with D2SE, but there are files for it included in download. :mrgreen:
It doesn't matter if game crashed, it happened only once, and with some chest, anything else seems to work without any problem.
So many years... I dont remember about D2SE(yes, not d2modse) currectly, but... I think it is not compatible.
Talic wrote:
First quest is a little bit weird, there is some info about Runaway prisoner - you get sth from him once it is dead, with some lvl 1 skill (arcane door) which can't be used, and next time when I open the quest log it says that I should combine amulet and the sword in some bag.
I was able to kill all monsters with the starting gear, but I'm still trying to find out what/where is Fury of Enslaved Souls to destroy the Soul Controller, since it is immune to all as I can see.
Will be back if I succeed to complete the first quest.

Thank you once again. :D
ALL quests is a little bit weird. :lol: If you want some "bonuses", explore all locations, also some locations in A1 has two ways to go to themselves.
About 1 quest, here is video guide by my test character, you can see, how to complete it.

Tonight or tomorrow i'll upload new build :D
--------------------
upd.
Link to working version of the mod. Still act1, but without crashes(for me 99%). But! For me it works ONLY in glide mode.
Tested with D2SE. Install it as any D2SE mod plugin :)

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Thank you very much.

Oh, thank you for a little bit of spoilers. :D

All your quests are really unique as I can/will see. :rightthumb:

Now all works fine, runs a lot better, smooth, not only that, now I can also use glide, which is really really nice.

25.03.:

Hi SheX.

Is it possible to Reactivate quest number 3.

I'm asking because I am not able to do it fully.

I do have a cup for those blood altars and quest log did change to state where it says Find the Blood Altars etc, but the very first time I was too week and I wasn't able to finish the quest.

Now when I get into the room with the altars I can't activate them anymore as they are filled with the blood already, and no portal for me, and yes Akara translated the new cup.

Also, I have some info on some minor "errors/bugs", but will double check them once again, though I'm sure you are already aware of them and will have some questions for you, but I need some time to write and document all that properly.

Thank You once again.

This is really amazing mod. :leftthumb:

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Talic wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:53 pm

25.03.:

Hi SheX.

Is it possible to Reactivate quest number 3.

I'm asking because I am not able to do it fully.

I do have a cup for those blood altars and quest log did change to state where it says Find the Blood Altars etc, but the very first time I was too week and I wasn't able to finish the quest.

Now when I get into the room with the altars I can't activate them anymore as they are filled with the blood already, and no portal for me, and yes Akara translated the new cup.

Also, I have some info on some minor "errors/bugs", but will double check them once again, though I'm sure you are already aware of them and will have some questions for you, but I need some time to write and document all that properly.

Thank You once again.
No, this is not possible, but if you come back again after opening the portal, the portal must be open. I just checked it.
Also in GDOS there is a waypoint behind the portal.
Talic wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:53 pm
This is really amazing mod. :leftthumb:
Thank you :)
Attachments
Screenshot045.jpg
Screenshot046s.jpg

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.

But I am out of luck here.

There was no portal, and since there was no portal I tried with the new cup, but that didn't help either, that's why I asked.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Talic wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 pm
Thank you for your quick answer.
But I am out of luck here.
There was no portal, and since there was no portal I tried with the new cup, but that didn't help either, that's why I asked.
Stay here. I'll make another entry.
------
upd.
Another build can be downloaded here.
Weird bug:
The game crashes if you create a druid. But you can play by the druid after creation - sorry.

Another entry added for quest 3. Hint - open the town portal in special place. Look for the corpse under the tree in the circle of fire in the dark wood.

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:44 pm

SheX - Lost Mage wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 pm
Stay here. I'll make another entry.
I thought you were going to add sth and that is it.

But no, the entry you made looks awesome. :)

Thank you once again, act 1 quests completed, few things left to check in act1. - like Forbidden Garden - I'm curious does it exist or not, but don't answer anything, would like to figure it out by myself.

26.03.:

As I said, I have some "feedback", though I'm sure you already know about some things, but all this info is just in case - some info is just to write sth I noticed, of course some things could still be the part of your development:

1st quest - when I talk to Akara, quest log does say that I need to find the runaway prisoner, but as soon as I enter the cave quest log change even though I didn't kill the runaway prisoner yet, anyway, here is the image showing runaway prisoner with "wrong" quest log, which should appear after I kill him, right.
5th quest - it should be three, not tree; and it should be all essences, not all essence - if I'm not wrong :mrgreen: :
Area name vs "map" name, check the image:
Images bellow showing "entrance" which I can't use - question: Am I supposed to use them, do they work actually?:
I guess this one is a bug, I shouldn't transform back to character in this area, right, but it changes a bit now and then.

Random:
Rat nest - it says pit level 2 after you get back to it through town portal.

Already reported - Row belt doesn't show up, at least Tangerine light belt of selfrepair produce that bug on my side.

I see some waypoints - one active in Mausoleum which you can use to travel to another waypoint, but of course you can't travel back to Mausoleum, Long way down has waypoint if I'm not wrong, still not in function.

When using 1280x768 resolution there is a weird inventory bug at the bottom of the inventory, affected for 2x2 and larger items when you wan't to put sth at the bottom, it kinda does't allow you, especially if you have some item above that area.

On some monsters (Prison overseer/cursed child/wraith corpse etc), I am not able to use Find potion skill, where Find item works on them - it is a little bit weird since with find item I am able to find potion on them. :?:

First time I went with some different path to the Cathedral, then I activated Inner cloister waypoint. Next time I went through Jail and Inner cloister waypoint was deactivated.

Question about the GDOS map.
How to enter the marked area, only solution is to teleport as I was able to see :?:
Why is there at least three map variations of GDOS area, I mean Hidden sector of jail is actually part of it, then way does it has its own map, this way GDOS map won't be fully updated with visited locations, same with the area shown on the last image, where GDOS waypoint is, there is only a little bit, but imo better if it is also a part of the GDOS "main" map.

Thank You for reading. :)

Regards, Talic

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:04 pm

So...many...words %)
Ok, sorry about "tree" not "three" ... damn, so lol.. I'm russian and my English is "brilliant" :D
Sometimes I think that I write correctly but it is not. I'll check all things in your report, but later, Thank you.

About the GDOS - It is main my project of act 1. And there is 3 variations yes. Because it is 3 different maps(files and rows in levels.txt). But it is 1 location in my story.
Exploring GDOS the sector behind the sector. In different situations, you find yourself in different places. But it is one big jail/prison(sorry forgot right word). Also the reason for the three different files is the quests. Easy for understanding - GDOS it is tristram, catacombs level 4 and new locations IN ONE. It is 3 diferent maps in one.

About screenshot number 5 - it is ok. some exits will work as "exit only". Because you see that entry and cant click on it. You think that it is useless, but in this time it is an exit from another way to this location.

I hope in the text above there are not so many mistakes))

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Don't worry about your language, even though some sentences you form are kinda weird I will understand them since I used to write like you do, even worse.

But my issue isn't writing anymore I would say, thing is that I have absolutely no accent if I am supposed to talk with someone, all my English knowledge is gathered by using this kind of forums, nothing else. :mrgreen:
SheX - Lost Mage wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:04 pm
About screenshot number 5 - it is ok. some exits will work as "exit only". Because you see that entry and cant click on it. You think that it is useless, but in this time it is an exit from another way to this location.
Oh, interesting, I'm trying to find the area which exist will lead to that "location" on the picture, but no luck at all.

Is it possible that some area exist but maybe doesn't show or maybe not available through current map?

Would resetting the map help or am I missing sth here?

Also, does that Forbidden Garden exist in current patch, can't find anything as it says about it on the very first page of the topic:
SheX - Lost Mage wrote:
- The location Forbidden Garden - entrance in this location is the necessary door around monastery vicinities.
Will try harder, going to check it right now.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:14 am

Oh my... not "necessary". Currectly will be "door around monastery vicinities" or "near monastery vicinities"..
Some entrances look like entrances in real life, I mean doors or passages, but will not be shown on the map. :)
edit:
added video excursion for A2 Town
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-black-pa ... n#imagebox

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:22 am

Amazing atmosphere... the best and most fitting atmospheric mod for Diablo 2. You pretty much nailed it.
If im not wrong you also have low monster density in the mod which just makes the whole thing even more fitting.

Fracuz
Germany

Post by Fracuz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi SheX,

I'm impressed of your work and would love to see more content from you.
Played The Black Parade many years ago at Preview Status and was stunned about the atmosphere. I'm glad to found this version with the entire act 1, will definitely try it out.

Can we hope to see some updates in further future?

Greetings from a fan :mrgreen:

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”