[Mod Release] Casual Nostalgia

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Texalic
Paladin

Re: [Mod Release] Casual Nostalgia

Post by Texalic » Sat May 30, 2020 12:44 pm

I wouldn't know.
Now if I enter Tristram the voice is in English i.e. the land in here is dead, sth like that, but I guess the first time it was in French.
Will test once again, that's like few minutes only.
EDIT:
I guess I was wrong, only the voice by Cain is in French.
EDIT2:
Yeah, only when he is in the cage then he speaks French, everything else is in English, even when you click on him after you release him from the cage.
I guess the first time when I clicked on the cage Cain was talking and talking and I guess that didn't trigger the Barbarian's voice....but I guess I thought it was Barbarian who was also talking :mrgreen:
So, all solved for now. :P
EDIT3:
Monster shrine - doesn't seems to work, at least no monster were summoned by the shrine.
Evil urn - seems to work fine in the caves, but in the world area, no monsters are summoned.
I do have some questions, but need to finish act V.
See ya. :P
EDIT4:

Can you make it possible for the codex of recipes to be duplicated, at least I would find it easier to duplicate it 17 times for easier reading :mrgreen:

CasualNostalgia.ini

[EthSocketFix]
Enabled=0
; Fixes the Ethereal Armor Socketing Defense Bug

Do I need to enable this option or not?

Are you thinking to add Nizari and Jettaman's Treasure Goblin Plugin, I guess it would be nice addition to the game, but of course, that is up to you.

[MercEquip]
Enabled=0
; Patch allows Hireling to equip boots, gloves, belt, amulet and one ring.

I guess this one is also up to you, setting to 1 does nothing, I guess that there should be actually DC6 for the merc, right.

DynHealthBar and CharmZone are working really nice :P

Currenly all seems to work fine, perfectly fine.

I'm still trying to figure it out Ingridients, especially object of great power, not easy, I guess it is not for normal difficulty :?:

Thank You for really nice mod :)

And forgot to ask sth, is it possible if you could add color to item drop, on the ground only, for gems, looking at some topics that would be like few minutes for you, and it would be a lot easier to notice them, I mean runes have color, charms too.... :oops:

Garund
United States of America

Post by Garund » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:29 am

Hello, all -

I just had the urge to drag D2 out for another spin on hearing the rumors of the "refresh", and found out about Casual Nostalgia. I've managed to download it, and it works - to an extent - but I was hoping you all could help me get it to "working as intended." :)

I've managed to get the mod to load, but it's not operating properly. At first, I couldn't get anything to run, as the LANCER .bat files ended up creating an error stating "Can't find PlugY.exe." I fixed that by just running the code from within the directory rather than via alias, but that led to another error where the game froze on the "loading" window; that was fixed when I copied the PlugY folder from a test of Basemod I'd set up before finding CN.

Right now, I think things are running, but launching the LANCER .bat file now brings up a Win10 message box asking if I'm allowing PlugY.exe to run (which may or may not be correct). The game does start, with the Casual Nostalgia screen and UI, and I've managed to at least get the PlugY personal "infinite stash" working. However, I still have to click-click-click to pick up gold.

I've set up the primary .exe files to run under WinXP SP3 compatibility, and I'm running the .bat file as an administrator... is there anything that I should have done, or should be doing, to get everything working? Any advice/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to Kaladann and the team for creating this!

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:07 am

Well, all what I've done is, copy pasted mod files.

Added parameters to the game.exe shortcut and that was it, I didn't use .bat files at all, everything is working fine without running them.

Tell us exactly what are you running, on moddb there are 2 versions, d2se and non d2se version.

If you can install d2se mod manager and download d2se version of the mod.

If you do need to use non d2se version you should just copy paste mod files inside the diablo folder and that is it.

And as I said you can run it via game.exe, just create shortcut snd add -w -3dfx to launch parameters.

And yeah, keep .exe files to xp sp3 compatibility.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:31 am

Hello !
Sorry for the late response :oops:

@Talic :

The codex of recipes is not duplicable, but easy to have in multiple exemplaries. You'll fint it in the Arcan Sanctuary.

EthSocketFix is to disable the ethbug when you socket an ethereal armor. But for me, this bug became a 'feature' that helps the player to get powerful armor ;)

I didn't activate the MercEquip feature of the Basemod, cause it will unbalance the game too much.
Indeed, you have to use the new DC6 inventory image for the merc :)

I will check for the DynHealthBar. For the CharmZone, I dont like this feature, so I didn't plan to add it :P

The 'object of great power' is a reward in third act... I'm pretty sure you'll find it with this clue ;)

The runes have already a new colour, they are not in white like in vanilla ^^
Maybe I can change the gems colour too...

Thank you for your support ! :rocker:

@Garund :

It sounds like you take the last stable version.
To have the last features of the mod like autogoldpickup, you have to play with the beta version.

Be sur to have Diablo II patched at least in 1.13c for D2SE version, or exactly in 1.13c for the standalone version.

No need to add -3dfx to play in Glide mod, just be sur to run the vidtest and select Glide mode :)
(The Glide wrapper is included in the beta version)

Read the readme for more details ;)

Have fun and happy bashing ! :wave:
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:19 pm

Yeah, I thought at the beginning that some items would drop only once, figure it out later that I have some duplicates, which is nice.

EthSocketFix - good to know, about merc, I usually never used them since they tend to be stupid....

Well, it is up to you about health bar and charm zone, but you can leave those up to players if they want to enable it, like I did.

Oh, third act, that is were I am now on nightmare, will sure to pay more attention.

Thank You

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 pm

For the features I didn't activated, if you want to play with them it's totally fine, everyone play like he wants ;)
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:31 am
The 'object of great power' is a reward in third act... I'm pretty sure you'll find it with this clue ;)
Yeah, thanks, I already had one.

The thing is that I was trying to use the wrong jewel.

Was trying with the rare one instead of magic one, didn't notice it before. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Though I would say, since it is quite unique recipe you could set unique jewel inside the recipe instead of magic one.

Thanks You once again :P

Garund
United States of America

Post by Garund » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:11 am

@Kaladann - Thank you! I didn't realize the autogoldpickup was new in the beta... all I knew was that I'd seen it somewhere. :)

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:23 pm

@Garund : ;)

@Talic : The unique jewels are quite rare, I think it will be difficult to finish the recipe with them.
Or I can manage to add unique jewels into the game...?

I'll be really busy for the next six months, I don't know if I'll get much time to do things on the mod.
If you have nice ideas, feel free to write them down here, I'll take a look regularly ;)

Have fun !
CHEERS !

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Oh, I see, I didn't know they were that rare.

One idea is in another topic, you will see it.

I thought I won't use those starting rings and amulet, but it is really nice, it is like cheating a little bit but I'm using it to get my char on Hell, then I start my fight for real.

And ofc, what I've done, put all equipment on nightmare instead on hell, sold everything I don't need, including charms and those rings/amulet, will farm charms now, and now my resistance are little low, but it is ok.

I am enjoying it, no pain no gain :P

If there is some idea, will for post it for sure.

I asked above somewhere, that evil urn and monster shrine doesn't work in outside area, but works only in e.g. caves, is that sth that can be solved.

Also, is it possible to put more of them across the acts, or maybe in dungeons only.

Thank You once again

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:55 am

Texalic wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:27 pm
Oh, I see, I didn't know they were that rare.

One idea is in another topic, you will see it.

I thought I won't use those starting rings and amulet, but it is really nice, it is like cheating a little bit but I'm using it to get my char on Hell, then I start my fight for real.

And ofc, what I've done, put all equipment on nightmare instead on hell, sold everything I don't need, including charms and those rings/amulet, will farm charms now, and now my resistance are little low, but it is ok.

I am enjoying it, no pain no gain :P

If there is some idea, will for post it for sure.

I asked above somewhere, that evil urn and monster shrine doesn't work in outside area, but works only in e.g. caves, is that sth that can be solved.

Also, is it possible to put more of them across the acts, or maybe in dungeons only.

Thank You once again
That's totaly their purpose :D
Wait, someone told me in my ear-flap that something is approaching...

OYÉ OYÉ !

Casual Nostalgia v2.4 is finaly OUT !
https://www.moddb.com/mods/casual-nosta ... -installer
Monsters are just waiting for YOU to come !

Enjoy !

(changelog on the moddb download page. In French.)

(If you encounter messi items with the update, in solo game, you'll have to drop them again :oops: )
CHEERS !

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:44 pm

UPDATE INCOMING !!!

-=-changelog 2.4.0.4-=-

Code: Select all

Réduction du drop des Orbes démoniaques
Fix de certains codes d'items en interne (ne devrait pas impacter les sauvegardes)
Fix de quelques recettes du Cube
Enjoy ! :turnevil:
CHEERS !

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:27 am

Hey there !

Casual Nostalgia v2.4.0.6 is out !!!

* A new set of life and mana orbs by wanoky is available for installation. (https://www.artstation.com/wanoky)
* A new item, a paly shield, imagined by Fae (member of the discord, thanks to him for the idea !). You can drop it on Diablo Nightmare if you are Lucky enough...

All the informations and full credits you may need, as always, are in the readme :)

feedbacks will be very appreciated ;)

Happy bashing !!! :reallyscary:
CHEERS !

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”