Project Kalavic (release v0.0.01) Alpha

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Project Kalavic (release v0.0.01) Alpha

Post by k0r3l1k » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Greetings all!

I am happy to announce the first version of Project Kalavic. This mod is incredibly small and limited in scope. I am releasing this tiny test version in order to get feedback on the concepts and ideas for the mod.

Features include:

-Reworked skills for Assassin, Barbarian, Necromancer and Sorceress (up to level 6).

-Skills are redesigned to be each circumstantial but hopefully all useful in their own way.

-Redesigned monsters in Blood Moor, Den of Evil, Cold Plains, The Cave Level 1 and 2, and The Burial Grounds.

-Rebalanced monster level and density in areas listed above.

-Monsters are rebalanced to be challenging and in some cases frustratingly difficult.

-Potions removed from vendors. Potion drops almost entirely eliminated.

-Attack rating and Defense rating rebalanced to make each equipment / skill decision more meaningful.

-Sockets on equipment are much more common, though more limited and hopefully balanced in quantity.

-Sockets enabled for Gloves, Belts, Boots, Rings, Amulets and Charms (at increasing levels.)

-Gems have all been designed.

-Added new Miscellaneous Socket Filler items (70 in total) that can be placed in any socket to add miscellaneous stat bonuses.

-Misc Socket items can be Xmuted with items at the cost of level requirement to add a smaller stat bonus to the item without a socket.

-Gold drops should be more meaningful and total gold cache must be managed more carefully.

-Maximum HP massively increased for all character classes.

-Players 2 setting and higher (up to 4) will hugely increase enemy health, requiring a different approach to strategy in 2+ player games.

-Slightly rebalanced weapons and armor damage, AC values, level/strength requirements.

-Removed all traces of +skill items and affixes on standard equipment.

-Rebalanced experience tables.

-Remade all magic affixes temporarily (these will be redone again in a more balance-minded way at a future date).

To all those interested in testing; please let me know feedback on the design, and any minor balance issues you encounter. For example, I am expecting to hear that Barabarian's Leap skill is weak and pointless. (I will definitely be working on some of the less useful skills in the future).

I am mainly interested to hear about the experience as it differs from traditional diablo ii. The mod is designed to be more challenging and to make certain situations problematic for certain characters, though still perfectly solvable with a little thought.

I would also like to hear about any skills or items that seem brokenly strong, do not work as intended, or that subvert the challenge of the mod.

Please let me know which of the following things you would like to see implemented next.
-New Areas (the completion of act 1).
-Additional skills for already implemented classes.
-Implementation of Paladin, Amazon and Druid
-Overhaul of base items and Unique / Set items.

Thank you all for taking the time to check this out!

Please post all feedback in the following forum.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65206

VERSION NOTICE
Project Kalavic is compatible with D2 1.10f only (as it uses d2mod). Apologies for not mentioning this in the initial post.

Code: Select all

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HXdhOxu6Q6OyWOt-QeNfrVfHD4YwlE7F/view?usp=sharing

NON D2SE DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xpbO3lU0u2kYjBNycYaA8fhCB7trIBtr
INSTALLATION
-D2SE
I suggest use with D2SE mod manager, as it is what I personally use to manage my various projects. Simply extract and drop the Kalavic folder into your Mods folder.

-NON D2SE
I've packed a non d2se version for the mod. I did not pack an installation script, so you will need to install d2mod on your own, then use the Patch_d2.mpq provided.

D2SE MOD MANAGER
http://snej.org/forum/index2.php?topic= ... #msg459574

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Re: Project Kalavic (release v0.0.01) Alpha

Post by Chiron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:28 pm

I find 0 gold one time. "Enemiy" at assa skill description.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:21 am

Sounds really interesting. I like how you've scaled things down here.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 pm

Greetings!

Version 0.0.02 is now available.

v0.0.02

-Fixed a bug with Corpse Explosion that caused collision with enemies to create additional explosions.

-Made a minor change to Nerve Gas Bomb graphic, no longer leaves the last frame of fire on screen for the remaining duration of the missile.

-Added damage per level to Piercing Shot and increased its mana cost per level. Now grants passive attack rating per level.

-Reduced max heal from Cobra Strike (only meaningfull with implausibly high max hp).

-Caltrops spikes now last longer per slevel.

-Increased damage per level of Assassinate and removed its mana cost.

-Made Ravage feel less awkward to use.

-Reduced the base damage of critical shot, increased mana per level.

-Increased effectiveness of Smoke Bomb.

-Barbarian base mana regen drastically reduced.

-Mana cost of all Barbarian skills reduced slightly.

-Modified duration, mana cost and damagepercent of Taunt.

-Increased radius and duration of howl.

-Redesigned Leap. Leap speed increased, now stuns and knocks back enemies.

-Shield Bash: SQ 10

-Duration and mana cost of Iron Skin increased.

-Bone pile redesigned. Now a more versatile and useful version of bone prison, with few drawbacks.

-Sorceress skills have their damage per level increased to reflect the mana per level of skills. Massive increase to overall damage.

-Fixed various string errors.

-Added monster descriptions for enemies with special abilities.

As before please leave feedback. This version should be much more comfortable to play with all characters. The main focus was on skill improvements and balance.

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmhINVR-N8ZoBBJfqV7tchE7ftyrftJe/view?usp=drivesdk
NON D2SE DOWNLOAD

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qy-PTb8pyoz-gSt8QA825QVk5t5gkMwU
Please let me know if there are any major issues that need to be patched imminently.

My next version will include the remainder of act 1.

Edit: links to version 0.0.01 no longer active.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”