[Mod Release] Gold Digger!

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

[Mod Release] Gold Digger!

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 am

A 1.13c mod that I had an epiphany about making a month ago, and expanded to what it is now thanks to the feedback of a friend. Put simply, the mod makes enemies and chests only drop gold & items that provide more gold. You can purchase more items than before & items to modify them for the right price. The general gameplay is still good ol regular Diablo, with a couple fixes and tweaks. Nothing too out of the ordinary.
Summary of changes
  • All enemies now appear gold, and drop only gold, treasures, and bags of gold.
  • Treasure Goblins added! These goblins can horde gems, items, crafting components, and gold.
  • Weapon and armor racks are replaced with chests. Chests also only drop gold, treasures, and bags of gold.
  • You now automatically pick up gold when walking near a gold pile.
  • Stash and Player gold cap increased to 1 Billion at all levels.
  • You can now gamble more items, including class items, jewels, and charms.
  • Gems and runes can now be purchased, as well as materials for creating, upgrading, and re-rolling all item types.
  • Crafting can now be performed on any item, and will roll maximum crafted stats. Crafting items instead require a specific item you purchase for a sum of gold.
  • Merchants buy your items for significantly less. Various magic stats add little to no value to an item.
  • Increased chance of gambling rares, uniques, and sets.
  • Various quality of life changes, bugfixes, and annoyances rubbed out.
v2.5
  • Dramatically increased the amount of gold dropped by all enemies.
  • You can no longer upgrade gems, and runes past Sol.
  • Enemies are no longer obnoxiously golden.
  • Using cube recipes should no longer decrease the item level of an item to your character level.
  • You can now purchase the Hate / Terror / Destruction Keys from Anya for ~1 million gold each. You still need PlugY to play the Hellfire Quest.
  • "X% Chance to find Magic Items [Based on Character Level]" is now converted into "X Increased Gold Find [Based on Character Level]"
  • Bosses will no longer drop gold when struck.
  • Fixed the Prime Evil Organs not opening Uber Tristram.
How to Install
D2SE is required: https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58201
Visual C++ Redistributal for VS2015. You can download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145
  • Create a new folder in Diablo II\Mods. Name it whatever you want, then extract the main link & hotfix into your new folder.
  • If you're installing from before 2.5, you must delete your old "Data" folder.
  • Launch D2SE, scroll down until you find the Gold Digger mod.
  • Tweak the settings on the right panel however you like. I'd reccomend Windowed Mode, Glidewrapper, and PlugY turned on, but it's not required.
  • Enjoy!
Please note that your antivirus may consider GoldDigger.dll malicious. This is a false positive. Tell your antivirus to ignore it if you come across any issues.

Credits
Huge thanks to Firehawk, Haaven (for the D2SE banner) Mr_Malice, Ogodei, Kongeu, Nizari, Jetaman, and the community at Phrozen Keep for the various resources and plugins. Oh and of course Blizzard North for making the game I've sank way too many hours into.
Last edited by Lady Isabelle on Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Re: [Mod Release] Gold Digger!

Post by Chiron » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:52 pm

There is a bug, when you try to put the gold from bag to inventory, in which you already have some gold, you receive the bag amount in total. Like: you have 350 gold in invertory and find 1000 gold bag, right click -and there will be 1000 gold in invertory.

But, of course, maybe it must be so.

And there still drop 0 gold.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Hey there, I got a question about this part:

"Crafting can now be performed on any item, and will roll maximum crafted stats. Crafting items instead require a specific item you purchase for a sum of gold."

Does this mean, crafts will always try to give great items only? Like 300ed ed/lvl with 2 skills or how am i supposed to imagine this?

D2 Mods are most interesting if runewords and rares are better than all unique stuff u can find :-)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:04 pm

gogodanny wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm
Hey there, I got a question about this part:

"Crafting can now be performed on any item, and will roll maximum crafted stats. Crafting items instead require a specific item you purchase for a sum of gold."

Does this mean, crafts will always try to give great items only? Like 300ed ed/lvl with 2 skills or how am i supposed to imagine this?

D2 Mods are most interesting if runewords and rares are better than all unique stuff u can find :-)
Hi sorry for the late reply. No it's only for the crafted stats, such as life and life leech on a blood crafted item.
There is a bug, when you try to put the gold from bag to inventory, in which you already have some gold, you receive the bag amount in total. Like: you have 350 gold in invertory and find 1000 gold bag, right click -and there will be 1000 gold in invertory.

But, of course, maybe it must be so.

And there still drop 0 gold.
I'll look into fixing that soon. As for the 0 gold drop I'm having trouble figuring that out.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:08 pm

IIRC to actually remove zero gold drops requires a code edit.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Updated with some fixes

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Updated to 2.5. If you installed the mod before, delete your "Date" folder in your Gold Digger directory.

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:57 am

Oh no...I liked fighting golden enemies. What if all (or most) momsters had a small chance to randomly turn gold when they attack or are attacked?
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”