BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
borg
Taiwan

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by borg » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks for your awesome work, especially Auto-Gold-Pickup. If the sound of gold-picking is considered in the next release, the current gold-dropping is a perfect choice. :P

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Gold Picking sound will be ini option. default is disabled.

Thanks!
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

OuTTa

Post by OuTTa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Very nice. I'm one of these guys that was asking for a more vanilla mod of uv-lod that not changing too much of the basic d2 :p Today i found this page by accident.
I love all features of your mod and probably gonna use it with my chars soon. Since i do not even use the big/shared stash of plugy your mod offers 95% of the things i really use for my SP/lan game.
Only two things i'd like to ask:
Is there an easy way to fully disable the /players 127 command and keep it at p8 max?
And any chance for having show item-lvl ?

Thankyou!

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:10 pm

borg wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:22 pm
Thanks for your awesome work, especially Auto-Gold-Pickup. If the sound of gold-picking is considered in the next release, the current gold-dropping is a perfect choice. :P
I take no credit for AutoGold-Pickup, its Whist code. I think it was posted on the keep a while
ago. ;)

OuTTa wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm
Only two things i'd like to ask:
Is there an easy way to fully disable the /players 127 command and keep it at p8 max?
And any chance for having show item-lvl ?

I'll can look into that.
Thanks

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

whipowill

Post by whipowill » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:11 pm

devurandom,

You don't mention this in your list of features, but does this mod include the XP rollover on Ancients quest? I think I just got the rollover and I wanted to make sure this was why. And if it's not in here, can you add it? :)

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 am

I could but this is primarily a plugin for other mods, not a mod by itself. The experience patches make the game too easy.

[1.07]

- AutoGold Pickup with Sound Option
- Ethereal Socket Bug Fix
- Animated Life/Mana Orbs (see doc)
- Display Item Level and Item Max Sockets

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:24 am

devurandom wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 am
[1.07]
- AutoGold Pickup with Sound Option
- Ethereal Socket Bug Fix
- Animated Life/Mana Orbs (see doc)
- Display Item Level and Item Max Sockets
Thanks for the amazing update. Surprisingly, I found a hidden feature you enabled but didn't mention: character's mana orb sometimes turns purple. I guess it's a negative state that mana stops regenerating?
Last edited by borg on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 am

Mana orb gets different color for player state poisoned, so health orb should turn green at same time. this is for when animation is disabled. It's part of Hlthmana.dc6 but it was never implemented by blizzard.

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:35 pm

A question after my failed attempt: is there any way to add BaseMod.ini to MPQ or a mod folder to take effect?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Excellent question. Would be a neat option to allow extraction from MPQ. It's something I'll have to look into.

Edit:

I'm not sure if it would require changing the ini file into compileable txt bin format.
Also not sure if it's a chicken vs egg scenario: load mpq, read ini files before patching dll's.

BaseMod Plugin [v1.08]

Fix Display item sockets did not display correct number for magic, unique, rare, set items.
Removes Ilvl display for Horadric Cube & some other items. Make string order consistent.
Fix other bug issues.

Draw Mana orb - change display of unused graphic in Hlthmana.dc6 for mana from state poison
[1.07] to state blood mana. Because life orb already displays state poison.
Draw Life Mana orbs - remove height restriction on life/mana dc6.
New option for draw mana orb per player class.

Conqueror
Argentina

Post by Conqueror » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Can you add new equipment?

I explain

In diablo 2 classic or Expansion, I can equip myself: 1 or 2 Weapons or Shield, 1 Armor, 1 Helm, 1 Boots, 1 Gloves, 2 Rings, 1 amulet, 1 belt.

My idea is to be able to equip: (In addition to the mentioned thing) 2 more Rings and 1 Skill Book, Where the equipamment: 1 or 2 Weapons or Shield, 1 Armor, 1 Helm, 1 Boots, 1 Gloves, 4 Rings, 1 Amulet, 1 belt and 1 Skill Book (like CM1, CM2 or CM3, but equip)

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi,

No, sorry it doesn't. Would be a lot of code to rewrite to equip 4 rings on player.
:-|

updawg

Post by updawg » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:32 am

Thank you for basemod! I've been playing single player with it and it seems to be working great. I do have a question about the uncapped framerate. Does that require your modified executable to work or is the dll by itself sufficient? I use the dll and load it with plugy and the only other change is that I am using sven's glide wrapper - however it seems like it is still capped at 25. Regardless, thank you again!

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 am

Hi,

I don't think there is an option to enable or disable it.
Just checked for 1.13c, 1.13d and 1.14d working in all versions.
is autogold pickup working? if not and its enabled, then probably there's some reason the dll is not loading for you.

updawg

Post by updawg » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Yep auto gold pick up is working great! When I enable the fps counter in svens plugin it never goes above 25. That is why I was wondering if his launcher is required for that to work.

OuTTa

Post by OuTTa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:52 am

2 rather odd ideas from my side, not sure if thats even worth coding or possible :)
Ingame sounds and music are somehow sticked together which seems weird. If i poll down ingame sounds to zero the background music also will stop running. Why do they not allow us to have ingame music but no other ingame sounds(attacks, auras, monsternoises etc.) :p

Second thing its about dead hardcore characters. I would like to keep chars that died on the selectscreen but also be able to create a new char with the same name :) So that dead chars not blocking the name for a new "alive" char with the same name. :p

bye in 2019!

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 pm

@updawg
Glide wrapper isn't required, for uncap frame rate. I use the ingame command /fps to display framerate.
Svens Glide wrapper also works with this.

BaseMod create new char with Glide Wrapper SP mode

@OuTTa
Music and Sound volume controls work separately.
For hardcore chars with new same name, the game has this limitation. I don't plan to change that.

updawg

Post by updawg » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 pm

With glide you can't use /fps it doesn't show anything. You have to enable it as an option within svens tool. When I do that it reports 24-25fps when playing. That is why I was asking if your game.exe launcher is required for the uncapped fps to work or should be calling the dll from plugy be enough? Thanks!

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:48 pm

updawg wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 pm
With glide you can't use /fps it doesn't show anything. You have to enable it as an option within svens tool. When I do that it reports 24-25fps when playing. That is why I was asking if your game.exe launcher is required for the uncapped fps to work or should be calling the dll from plugy be enough? Thanks!
I have BaseMod enabled with plugy and everything works great.

updawg

Post by updawg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 am

Are you using plugy to inject the basemod dll or his modified game.exe to inject plugy?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:55 am

updawg wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 pm
It's been stated before that BaseMod expects to load as early as possible. It should load even before MPQ loads.
I think plugY loads much later with inject code into load MPQ, but I forget. With D2SE the load situation is different.

/fps works for me with glide3x. There's a few reasons I've run across where you'd see low frame rates.

1. DLL fails to attach.
2. using glide3x in virtual machine with minimal codec support for glide wrapper (30-40 FPS with virtualbox)
3. limit FPS with RivaTuner for recording video

updawg

Post by updawg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:40 am

I'm just trying to get clarification since it was never directly answered. I understand the exe is the preferred way to inject the dll because it injects it much earlier than plugy, I was just checking if anyone tested if the fps change worked with plugy as the injector. I'm not trying to be obtuse it's just everyone keeps glossing over the initial question. Thanks!

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:13 am

I don't use PlugY so.. I can't give a definite answer.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:33 am

updawg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 am
Are you using plugy to inject the basemod dll or his modified game.exe to inject plugy?
I'm using plugy to inject basemod.dll. Also i'm using D2SE.

OuTTa

Post by OuTTa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 am

Everything is working but i cannot display item lvl. Tested on clean 1.14 and a 1.13 with plugy (with disabled plugy ilvl and plugy fully disabled) and both didnt work. any ideas?

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”