BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
hjt4451
Korea South

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by hjt4451 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:47 pm

Not working my pvpgn&d2gs server.
But single play is working fine!
D2gs with BaseMod.dll, BaseMod.ini and BaseMod/loder/1.13c/game.exe, BaseMod/loder/1.13c/D2Win.dll files.
Can you help me?
My d2gs version is 1.13c

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 am

hjt4451 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:47 pm
Not working my pvpgn&d2gs server.
But single play is working fine!
D2gs with BaseMod.dll, BaseMod.ini and BaseMod/loder/1.13c/game.exe, BaseMod/loder/1.13c/D2Win.dll files.
Can you help me?
My d2gs version is 1.13c
Please read our terms of service, we do not support anything related to Battle.Net or private realms on this forum.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:09 am

sk8137 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:24 pm
Great mod, I downloaded it just for the FPS bypass, and the gold pickup. Using D2SE with the 1.13c core and glide, plugy, and the BH MH from slashdiablo (using just the loot filter feature). The FPS bypass works great until I enable the loot filter and then the FPS drops below 14. Setting an FPS limit of 100 with 100hz refreshrate with glide makes the game really nice and smooth otherwise.

Is there perhaps any fix for this? I wasn't able to find anything by browsing the thread.
slashdiablo uses its own CPU fix that interferes with BaseMods framerate. You'd have to ask them for a fix.
since I already give an option to disable the cpu fix to work with slashdiablo

BaseMod.ini

Code: Select all

[BypassFPS]
Enabled=1

; Adds and option to disable 25 FPS Bypass to make BaseMod compatible 
; with SlashDiablo plugin. This also disables the CPU fix.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

sk8137

Post by sk8137 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:24 am

devurandom wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:09 am
sk8137 wrote:
Great mod, I downloaded it just for the FPS bypass, and the gold pickup. Using D2SE with the 1.13c core and glide, plugy, and the BH MH from slashdiablo (using just the loot filter feature). The FPS bypass works great until I enable the loot filter and then the FPS drops below 14. Setting an FPS limit of 100 with 100hz refreshrate with glide makes the game really nice and smooth otherwise.

Is there perhaps any fix for this? I wasn't able to find anything by browsing the thread.
slashdiablo uses its own CPU fix that interferes with BaseMods framerate. You'd have to ask them for a fix.

BaseMod.ini

[BypassFPS]
Enabled=1

Thanks for replying. Actually I was approaching the issue by trying to figure out if you can use the basemod FPS bypass limit without the CPU fix, when in reality all I had to do was find an earlier version of the slashdiablo utility, that didn't come with an integrated CPU fix. Settled for 75 fps at 75hz using glide and it runs great. The FPS bypass feature alone is worth it getting this mod.

Faszarc
Hungary

Post by Faszarc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:14 am

sk8137 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:24 am
devurandom wrote:
sk8137 wrote:

BaseMod.ini

[BypassFPS]
Enabled=1

Thanks for replying. Actually I was approaching the issue by trying to figure out if you can use the basemod FPS bypass limit without the CPU fix, when in reality all I had to do was find an earlier version of the slashdiablo utility, that didn't come with an integrated CPU fix. Settled for 75 fps at 75hz using glide and it runs great. The FPS bypass feature alone is worth it getting this mod.
Helo there!

There seems to be a setting on slashdiablo {filtered} which allows you to disable their native cpu fix with this i was able to use basemod's own without any issues.

Currently i am rocking the following build on my phone.
SlashDiablo hd mod, mapack 1.9.9, basemod, plugy.

https://youtu.be/5N5H1VPLeFE

Faszarc
Hungary

Post by Faszarc » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:16 am

sk8137 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:24 am
devurandom wrote:
sk8137 wrote:

BaseMod.ini

[BypassFPS]
Enabled=1

u

Helo there!

There seems to be a setting on slashdiablo {filtered} which allows you to disable their native cpu fix with this i was able to use basemod's own without any issues.

Currently i am rocking the following build on my phone.
SlashDiablo hd mod, mapack 1.9.9, basemod, plugy.

https://youtu.be/5N5H1VPLeFE
[Image

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:41 am

Thanks @sk8137 and @Faszarc for this info on slashdiablo compatibility. Others will find this information useful.
:)

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Tohkar

Post by Tohkar » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi, I just re-bought and re-installed the game. It was in 1.14b and i upgraded to 1.14d.
I installed few basics mods like "No intro" in data folder, they work fine.
But when I copy basemod.ini, basemod.dll and 1.14d game.exe, I got this when I launch/create a character

What did I miss ? :/
I just want auto gold pick up ! And the framerate thing I guess T_T

P.S: I tried rolling back to 1.13d to use Plugy but it was a disaster with D2data.mpq corrupted, so i re-reinstalled
P.P.S: sorry for the french error message =D

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:20 am

@tohkar

To roll back to older version use version changer by chaosmarc, it includes mpq fix which will solve your error about d2data.mpq corrupted.

Also, once you install diablo first create few backup copies of the game folder so you don't need to reinstall it if sth goes wrong.

Tohkar

Post by Tohkar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:48 am

@Talic

Thanks for the quick response.
I did copy the game after reinstalling :p

Does this mean I need a version older than 1.14b and/or plugy to use Basemod ?

Also, D2versionChange readme: Caution: If installed with the new v1.14 digital installers by Blizzard you cannot downgrade your Diablo 2 installation to older patches. When starting the game you will receive only an empty error window. To fix this either use the included MPQFix or install the game with your CDs or the old v1.12 digital installers which can be downloaded in all official languages here

I think i'm just gonna play basic game x)

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:22 pm

It should work as written on the first page, I would write all mods you used, maybe sth is preventing basemod to load, if you have additonal dll files maybe you need to load them via basemod.ini file.

But also, I do have some mod, where plugy is used to load basemod.dll hence you can try to load basemod via plugy.

Yeah, that message is ok, copy paste file and folder in diablo, run bat file, use mpqfix, then change to e.g. 1.13c, I don't remember the exact step to do it, but you should be able to easily downgrade to 1.13, also 1.13c is nice since you can install D2SE which will allow you to use multiple mods, and still you can play classic game.

EDIT: Testing in progress.

I don't have the latest version of diablo so I had to rollback to 1.13c.

Install diablo, it was 1.14b - copy paste version switcher, run, apply mpqfix first, then choose version, LOD of course, 1.13c, apply changes, copy pasted required files from basemod, run game exe, auto gold pick up thing works fine.

EDIT2:

How to enable Basemod through D2SE from initial installation based on 1.14b, some steps are not included in image format, I guess it will be the same for 1.14d but lazy to download new version:

Once you install 1.14b you will have the following files
ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/f1baf9006891 ... 34a949.jpg

After that copy paste version changer file and folder by chaosmarc (Thank You once again)- run bat file - chose Fix 1.14 installer mpqs, notice how some files were modified
ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/1773e0d000b7 ... ee3ac7.jpg

Now choose version - choose LoD - choose 1.13c - apply changes, you can exit version changer, now your folder will look like this
ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/715f31d40030 ... d9b87f.jpg

Install D2SE Modmanager, once installed set compatibility to Windows 7 (at least that's on my side) for D2VidTst.exe, game.exe and for D2SE.exe - now run D2VidTst.exe and choose Glide as your video mode - you can set up glide settings through glide-init.exe.

Beware, there is also nglide by zeus software which will provide various glide versions if I am not mistaken, glide provided by D2SE is a lot better imho.

Anyway, here is how game folder looks now
ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/be03445e8661 ... 2346aa.jpg

Now it is time to setup D2SE mod folder from where you can run Basemod, and as said, D2SE is nice since you can install any mod you like without altering your diablo game folder.

What you need is to create e.g. Basemod folder inside the MODS folder, in that folder copy the following files: D2SE_Setup.ini, basemod dll and ini file and plugy.ini
Below you can see where those files are located
ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/10596d3aff8d ... 8cb878.jpg

To enable plugy with Basemod enter D2SE_setup ini file and change from 0 to 1 for plugy options i.e.
#Enable PlugY when ModAllowPlugY=1
EnablePlugY=1
and
#PlugY 1=Allow PlugY make sure the installed Version supports the D2 Core! (1.09b 1.09d 1.10f 1.11b 1.12a)
ModAllowPlugY=1

You can also enter plugy ini file and change some setings e.g. AlwaysDisplayLifeAndManaValues=1, whatever suits you.

Also, it is possible to set up a picture for mod i.e. for D2SE, you need file with the following name BaseMod.bmp (depends how it is defined inside d2se setup ini file), size of 250x60, inside the mod folder, in this case inside Basemod folder, and if you are skillful enough I guess you can make sth nice
ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/8f7bf80e3db9 ... 6f0f22.jpg

Tohkar

Post by Tohkar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:19 pm

That's it!
MPQ fix doesn't work (error loading from file) on 1.14, so i download 1.12 iso from Mega, and the game can't launch, before or after changing to 1.13c with version changer and plugy's files.

I'm gonna wait for plugy's porting on 1.14 xD

rewable

Post by rewable » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:19 am

Is there a way to increase radius of auto gold pickup function?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:48 am

@Tohkar
"You have to run the MPQ fix in the root of the Diablo 2 directory alongside all of your MPQs".

@rewable
there's no knobs or buttons to increase the gold pickup radius.

rewable

Post by rewable » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:05 am

devurandom, maybe some hexedit to basemod.dll?

whipowill

Post by whipowill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:40 am

I've been using Basemod for months and months with great success. However, the Pandemonium event causes a crash with Basemod, and turning it off everything works fine. devurandom is this something you can investigate? I'm using v1.13.1 of Basemod w/ PlugY, with the Pandemonium event turned off in PlugY.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:22 pm

@whipowill Latest version is here: it's 1.13.3.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/basemod

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 pm

sk8137 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Hello !

I use the HD feature from BH, and I had this issue.

You just have to deactivate the fps limit bypass in basemod.ini :

[BypassFPS]
Enabled=0
You'll recover descent FPS :)

Have fun !

[edit]
Crap, I didn't see that I was not on the last page :oops:
But the info in this post can help few people, so I let it :)
[/edit]
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

mengxuecen

Post by mengxuecen » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:28 am

There is a bug in Ctrl Left Click Item extended!

Hellfire Torch Infinitely superimposed to Inventory~

Stash------>Cube------>Ctrl Left Click [Cube]------>Inventory

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:05 am

@mengxuecen bug confirmed .. I have a fix for that in place for next release.
But first does anyone else know of any other unreported bugs? besides what's below.

BaseMod updated to v1.13.4. - 11/8/2020

Fix issue with [StringTable] not working in D2 v1.14d
BaseMod tested to load PlugY 12 in D2 v1.14d

alucard006
China

Post by alucard006 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:12 am

D2Win.dll must be replaced at the same time, is that right?

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:50 pm

Choose one loader and only one loader for your game version in order launch BaseMod.dll
Game.exe loaders load early, and D2Win.dll loaders load later in the game start process.
If you're modding for single/Multi player TCP/IP then the game.exe loader will suit
the need fine.
If you're modding with D2SE then no Loader is needed, Let D2SE load BaseMod.
I guess that should answer your question :mrgreen:

oli25

Post by oli25 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 pm

v1.13.5. has been released on MODDB website.

Also @devurandom : what do you think about changing the autopick sound for gold from usual item pickup sfx to gold drop sfx? I think gold drop sfx is really cool and it's missing with auto pickup

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:55 am

@oli25 Thanks for the Idea! :)

BaseMod updated to v1.13.4. - Nov 8 2020

Fix issue with [StringTable] not working in D2 v1.14d
BaseMod tested to load PlugY version 12 in D2 v1.14d

BaseMod updated to v1.13.5. - Jan 2 2021

[MercEquip] renamed to [MercMod]
[MercMod] Add options to allow rogue hireling to equip Amazon bows and cross bows.
Fix a bug that allowed 2 same type unique charms to load in player inventory with shift click from cube.
Fix a bug in [FVFB] that caused basemod to exit, when Game.exe is not the parent process.
Remove [FVFB] handling for D2SE. Use a checksum instead.
Remove [FVFB] from MPQ ini options. It can only be properly initialized from BaseMod.ini
Fix issue for Gamble Refresh in MP games.
Fix issue for [StringTable] strings in MP games.

BaseMod does not attempt to load extra dlls when Game.exe is not the parent process.
Mods using MPQ ini options need to recompile BaseMod.txt for this version to work.

BaseMod Lastest Version

Roneye

Post by Roneye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:38 pm

Anyone able to help me troubleshoot what I did wrong.
I followed this guide to get Plugy, Glide, Randomizer/Mod Maker, Lootfilter,widescreen support from diablo slasher and Basemod in one installation 1.13c.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M5u ... BUR_c/edit
basemod version used: Version=1134 (used 1.13.5)

Everything works, but basemod seems to be a bit funky.
Autopickup and ctrl+click to drop works.
But testing something like [LifeManaAnimate] doesn't not work.
The goal tho is to get larger inventory to work. Also cube + full equip merc would be a huge plus as well.
I enabled [MercMod] and [CharmZone] in BaseMod.ini and downloaded ExpandedStashCubeInventory&FullEquipMerc and moved over the BaseMod.mpg to the main d2 folder.
Added a picture of how the folder looks.
Attachments
basemod.PNG

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”