BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Texalic
Paladin

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by Texalic » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:11 pm

No illegal activity (every blizz games is cracked, everyone knows that), use dedicated pirate forum as you wish, but here don't mention anything related to any kind piracy, if you Have to connect each 30 days then you have to do it, if "you" are using sth to bypass it I would say "you" are one of those who do not own legit version of the game because I'm sure that someone who owns the game won't mind loggin in each 30 days and won't risk anything...

And besides I'm sure PK staff would not allow anything that contains CE to be posted on PK forum at all, mostly because of c&d letter which would go to the creator of mod of course, but PK can be affected by it for allowing such topic/mod to exist on this forum.

If devurandom wants to create one no one can stop him, but that for sure won't be posted here, as long as CE is forbidden...

Sth like that :mrgreen:

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Texalic wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:11 pm
No illegal activity (every blizz games is cracked, everyone knows that), use dedicated pirate forum as you wish, but here don't mention anything related to any kind piracy, if you Have to connect each 30 days then you have to do it, if "you" are using sth to bypass it I would say "you" are one of those who do not own legit version of the game because I'm sure that someone who owns the game won't mind loggin in each 30 days and won't risk anything...

And besides I'm sure PK staff would not allow anything that contains CE to be posted on PK forum at all, mostly because of c&d letter which would go to the creator of mod of course, but PK can be affected by it for allowing such topic/mod to exist on this forum.

If devurandom wants to create one no one can stop him, but that for sure won't be posted here, as long as CE is forbidden...

Sth like that :mrgreen:
Ok, I'm understand. But now blizz lets play offline via official battle.net launcher even if you didn't buy a game. So I think with playing offline without connection to battle.net there is no restrictions about CE. Doesn't it?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:55 am

Blizzard can make policy changes whatever and whenever they want...it is their intellectual property. We do not have that privilege; their stance is quite clear on code bending for D2R and is unlikely to change near-term (if ever). So, final word: it is not a topic to discuss on this site how you might go about it.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

sainrishab
India

Post by sainrishab » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:06 pm

Thanks for sharing, this is helpful.

chippedsapphire
Germany

Post by chippedsapphire » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:41 am

Hello, there is a little bug going on when you have a tome of TP in your stash - your character still picks up scrolls and when your inventory is full, this funky thing happens:

Greets and thanks for your work!

EDIT: Also, if i may make a request: Could there be a setting to toggle big inventory/stash/cube? And maybe only have the extended merc inventory display if it's actually enabled.

EDIT2: Similar funkiness can be encountered in this situation:

EDIT3: Any idea why my merc suddenly has axes? Tried hiring new ones from normal, nightmare and hell Qual' Kehk.
This only happens on one character and I have TyraelMerc=0.

EDIT4: Please add to the features list that the newest two versions include a rune drop hack.

whipowill

Post by whipowill » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:17 pm

@devurandom, I wanted to check in w/ you about my experience using BaseMod w/ singleplayer Project Diablo II. I load it via the Plugy.ini file. The issue I noticed, and the reason I'm posting, is it seems to mess up the mercenaries.

I think the issue is I need a MercMod enabled=0 option.

What I'm seeing is the mercs in PD2 have custom animations for "running" and they don't work right when I have BaseMod enabled. They basically don't walk or move at all but they will teleport close to me periodically.

I have all the options in BaseMod turned off except for auto-pickup and I also want to use the RepeatQuestRewards. It seems if I could get BaseMod to not mess w/ the mercs then it would work perfectly.

Conqueror
Argentina

Post by Conqueror » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:22 pm

Hello devurandom. I'm having a lot of problems with BaseMod + D2GS, it seems to have hundreds of buggy functions in the CallStack and several things wrong at the beginning (like trying to load D2Server.dll at the beginning and patching it, in my case I use a new version of D2Server which I implemented it myself and obviously you cannot apply those patches to it since it is a different version from the one "everyone uses", and if I decide to change the name to something else, like D2Server2.dll for example, BaseMod directly stops its execution or generates issues).

Another annoying bug, or "thing," is that it apparently does something to system memory. If I don't use BaseMod, the memory used is around 50-70mb, but with BaseMod loaded it goes up to 200 (in D2GS it's much more noticeable, since without BaseMod the memory used by the application is 10mb, and with BaseMod it's 187mb). Do you add a patch to FOG that modifies the number of MemPools or something like that? You shouldn't do this (or at least make it optional) because in my case I have the entire MEMORY system rewritten and specially designed to hold up to 16k MemoryPools (unlike the original game which goes up to 8, and that's where the effort comes for using VirtualAlloc on top of the memory pointer to allocate 150 MB to just the memPools).

On the 1.13c server I have running with BaseMod, I'm doing it temporarily as I don't have the time to implement all the useful content for 1.13c (since it involves mounting and fetching all other offsets, although D2Server was not a problem since it is identical to 1.10, with some slightly different callbacks and the world event, the rest is the same, and in D2GS it is also the same one that I use for Blessing, although with changes in the callbacks, and yes, on my side I used all the precautions of the CallStacks and whatnot, since it's just __stdcall and __fastcall some others, it's no problem, and I compared every parameter inside D2Game.dll of 1.13c that matches, I have everything covered, the only problem is BaseMod).

If you want me to help you fix these issues within BaseMod, I can do that with no problem (by editing it from the source code, which I obviously don't have). If you don't know me, I work on Blessing (a Mod that I didn't publish anything on PK's forum but on PK's Discord), and I have all of D2Game and almost all of D2Client rewritten from 1.10, in case you need any function or section of code, I can provide it to you and are (mostly) analogous to 1.13c-1.13d except RedPortal, Respect or WorldEvent.

palax
United States of America

Post by palax » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:58 am

Last time i was in this thread, someone had asked about posting the animated orbs. I finally got around to updating the offsets so everything lines up. just wanted to drop it off.
Obligatory "works on my machine", i use it with the BaseMod option for a different mana orb for each class.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/80qd3fak ... d.zip/file

Razi198

Post by Razi198 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:04 pm

How to make the ManaPurple property work? No noticeable change when setting Enabled=0 or 1, Class=0 in [LifeManaAnimate]. Regardless of how the Enabled and Class properties are set, the mana sphere still does not change color. How to fix it? The Orb animation for each class (Class=2) and same Orbs for all Classes (Class=1) works fine.
D2 v1.13c, D2SE, Plugy 11.02. Files in mod folder: BaseMod.dll, BaseMod.ini, PlugY.dll, PlugY.ini, D2SE_SETUP.ini .

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:25 pm

Hi, Language 08 is Simplified Chinese, not Sinhalese. this language slot uses 'CHI' fonts, so it must be some kind of Chinese language, maybe reserved for Singapore version, which had never been released.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:32 pm

Bug report:
If you give an aura on a charm, in BaseMod, you have to pick it up and put it back every time you restart a game to get the aura work. Such thing does not happen without BaseMod.

OrderOfTheScribble
United States of America

Post by OrderOfTheScribble » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:17 pm

Unfortunately, devurandom doesn't seem to have much if any time to work on BaseMod from what I've seen on ModDB, but there is a workaround to the charm aura bug, which is to give the charm a socket and put the aura into a socketable. Modworked has been doing that since v10c.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:06 am

OrderOfTheScribble, thank you for helping, but that's weird since i didn't activate the charmzone function... So it might not be charmzone but something else in BaseMod... i'll try how to make a socketed charm...

-MrL-
Romania

Post by -MrL- » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:51 pm

[noob question alert]
Could you be as kind to make a quick installation tutorial please? For somebody who didn't use any mod yet ? Just few words like quick instructions, thanks.

ssjkakaroto

Post by ssjkakaroto » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 pm

There's a file called Installation.txt inside the zip file that is very simple to follow.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”