BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Darkquake
Australia

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by Darkquake » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:25 am

Question regarding new levels with red portals.

Is it possible to have red portal levels generate as Maze type levels?
Preset type load fine as they don't require an entry tile or entry level but when I've tried to make Maze type levels I get an error related to no entry level.

For example I'm using tower level 1 as my maze type level removing all the Vis(0) and Warp(-1) so it doesn't try link to a level.
Doing this for preset works perfectly just as the game itself uses this method to load into the preset maps in act 5 via red portals.
After ensuring it doesn't link to a level for entry when creating the portal I get the error #747 which requires Maze type levels to have a explicit entry level.
I make things? I make things.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/darkquake

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:07 am

The Red Portals from cube code, by default, is going to warp the player to a map entry tile.
Without a map entry tile in the new level it's going to crash.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

kain_abel_666
Canada

Post by kain_abel_666 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:06 pm

Darkquake wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:25 am
Question regarding new levels with red portals.

Is it possible to have red portal levels generate as Maze type levels?
Preset type load fine as they don't require an entry tile or entry level but when I've tried to make Maze type levels I get an error related to no entry level.

For example I'm using tower level 1 as my maze type level removing all the Vis(0) and Warp(-1) so it doesn't try link to a level.
Doing this for preset works perfectly just as the game itself uses this method to load into the preset maps in act 5 via red portals.
After ensuring it doesn't link to a level for entry when creating the portal I get the error #747 which requires Maze type levels to have a explicit entry level.
Why not just warp into the forgotten tower level - the entry spot for tower level 1. That's a preset and then it lets you walk down the stairs to the maze level. Yes it does require you to make one for each of your maze levels but it's an easy work around.
I've stayed quite a while and heard what you have to say. Now it is time for the real Kain to emerge.

carrotsrab

Post by carrotsrab » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:12 pm

Hey devurandom - is this compatible with your other mod, uvLOD? I know basemod is the "newer" mod, but it's missing a bunch of features that I love from uvLOD. Can I run both plugins at the same time without any issues? What would be the proper load order then?

The features that basemod is missing vs uvLOD:

- Larger Stash - 10x10 stash, 10x8 cube, and 10x6 inventory - you don't need to install
this as an addon anymore.
- Adds Infinite Respec and Infinite Personalize - user configurable
- Improves stats on magic/rare prefix-suffix - items like rings/amulet/charms etc. Stats aren't
perfect but are better, and there is still some room left for chance.
- Add option to change Quest Ring Reward type from Akara and Ormus to Unique rings
- add ExpMod option to Remove mlvl/clvl delta 10 experience penalty
- Includes a drop mod to give perfect stats for: Armor, Set, Superior, Unique, and Runeword Items
- Game forces 6 affix rares - weap/armo ring/amulet - each time they're dropped.
- Game forces 4 affix rare jewels each time they're dropped
- Infinite Imbue by Charsi
- Infinite Socketing by Larzuk
- Larzuk Always gives 2 sockets on magic items, instead of 50/50 chance of 1 to 2 sockets
- Improved drop rates for runes
- Experience penalty after level 70 removed

if i can't run both, is there a way to add these features above in an easy way? I especially like the larger inventory, infinite respec, perfect stats drop mod for uniques/sets/superiors/armor/runewords and socketing changes.

Also - what happened to uvLOD mod version 2.02 or 2.03? It looks like it used to exist, but now I can only find UVLOD v1.3.7 not version 2.0. Did you take it off the site?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 pm

>Can I run both plugins at the same time without any issues?
Probably not. There's likely to be lots of conflicts. I don't recommend or support that.

>The features that basemod is missing vs uvLOD:

- Larger Stash - 10x10 stash, 10x8 cube, and 10x6 inventory - you don't need to install
- Improves stats on magic/rare prefix-suffix - items like rings/amulet/charms etc. Stats aren't
perfect but are better, and there is still some room left for chance.
- Includes a drop mod to give perfect stats for: Armor, Set, Superior, Unique, and Runeword Items
- Improved drop rates for runes
- Experience penalty after level 70 removed

Copy Patch_D2.mpq from UVLoD into your BaseMod Installation and it would give you back those items listed above.

Some of the others missing are assembly code edits that modders like to add them selves. That's why I don't add them, unless I rewrite the functions in C to add something not easily done with code edits.

UVLoD 2.x had issues with false positives from antivirus companies that want to force software vendors to buy Digital Certs @ $80-$500/yr. Its deleted, and wont be re-uploaded.

EDIT: I changed my mind, UVLoD 2.02 was re-uploaded to Moddb.com
Last edited by devurandom on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Darkquake
Australia

Post by Darkquake » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm

devurandom wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:07 am
The Red Portals from cube code, by default, is going to warp the player to a map entry tile.
Without a map entry tile in the new level it's going to crash.
Awesome, thank you :)
I make things? I make things.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/darkquake

GetSquanchy
South Africa

Post by GetSquanchy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:56 pm

Hi - having a bit of an issue when trying to connect to B.Net.
I had hoped this mod was compatible with online play (I literally only want to see Item Levels) but doesn't seem to function for me.

Followed the instructions in the "Installation" .txt file and all seems to work perfectly when I check on single player / TCP/IP game.
When connecting to b.net the following issues occur.

Game tries to load, redirected to "patching" screen. Orb fills, asked to make changes, game tells me that I do not need the latest patch and that my current patch is more up-to-date than this one. Game crashes.

Any ideas on how to get past this or will I not be able to use this on b.net?
TIA

Whaag
Germany

Post by Whaag » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:20 am

GetSquanchy wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:56 pm
Hi - having a bit of an issue when trying to connect to B.Net.
I had hoped this mod was compatible with online play (I literally only want to see Item Levels) but doesn't seem to function for me.

Followed the instructions in the "Installation" .txt file and all seems to work perfectly when I check on single player / TCP/IP game.
When connecting to b.net the following issues occur.

Game tries to load, redirected to "patching" screen. Orb fills, asked to make changes, game tells me that I do not need the latest patch and that my current patch is more up-to-date than this one. Game crashes.

Any ideas on how to get past this or will I not be able to use this on b.net?
TIA
Terms of Service:
"Every and all discussion of closed and/or open Battle.net cheating/hacking is prohibited"

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:56 pm

devurandom wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:55 am
@oli25 Thanks for the Idea! :)

BaseMod updated to v1.13.4. - Nov 8 2020

Fix issue with [StringTable] not working in D2 v1.14d
BaseMod tested to load PlugY version 12 in D2 v1.14d

BaseMod updated to v1.13.5. - Jan 2 2021

[MercEquip] renamed to [MercMod]
[MercMod] Add options to allow rogue hireling to equip Amazon bows and cross bows.
Fix a bug that allowed 2 same type unique charms to load in player inventory with shift click from cube.
Fix a bug in [FVFB] that caused basemod to exit, when Game.exe is not the parent process.
Remove [FVFB] handling for D2SE. Use a checksum instead.
Remove [FVFB] from MPQ ini options. It can only be properly initialized from BaseMod.ini
Fix issue for Gamble Refresh in MP games.
Fix issue for [StringTable] strings in MP games.

BaseMod does not attempt to load extra dlls when Game.exe is not the parent process.
Mods using MPQ ini options need to recompile BaseMod.txt for this version to work.

BaseMod Lastest Version
https://www.moddb.com/mods/basemod
An option to be abble to choose the sound will be perfect ! :onfire:

This update is awesome Devurandom, it makes me want to go back to work on my mod, I have to find some spare time :silly:

Great job as usual ;)
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

qwertyue

Post by qwertyue » Wed May 26, 2021 9:02 am

How is this gambling refresh feature implemented?

I try to call the D2client.0X4ABE0(OFFSET), but get a empty store

Lywzc

Post by Lywzc » Fri May 28, 2021 8:38 am

How does the implementation of Uber Diablo and Uber Tristram compare to PlugY. I think I can only enable one, so I wonder if one is better than the other.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:31 am

@qwertyue you could ask the open source guys how they did it. Its more rewarding to code from scratch without looking at something else and without asking for help, anyway that's how I did it.

@Lywzc its about the same I guess. I don't know cause I never played that in PlugY. And its not code from plugY its started with villageidiots assembly code ported from 1.10 to 1.13d. then got rewrote into cpp.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:34 am

BaseMod v1.13.6

- [WEMinions] World Event can spawn up to 5 Uber Diablos as a Monster Pack - all spawn minions if enabled
- Disable World Event in Chaos Sanctuary
- [UberMinions] Spawns Uber Minions
- [StringTables] Updated to work from index. BaseMod.tbl now works the same way as string.tbl, patchstring.tbl, and expansionstring.tbl. You can use this table to store your own strings for in game use. BaseMod.tbl usable string index from 30050 to 39999 (7562h - 9C3Fh).
- [QuestMods] Infinite Quest Rewards from Akara, Charsi, Larzuk and Anya. Npc vendors charge gold, after their quest is complete.
- Option [UniqueNoLimit] is replaced by [PerfectDrops]
- [PerfectDrops] is a Drop Mod feature for item collectors
- Fixes BaalClone name string in Uber Tristram when RenameUbers=1
- Fixes Diablo II Anya Bug

BaseMod v1.13.6 update 1
-Simplify Installation

The install file BaseMod.mpq default has been changed to include full equip merc, with expanded stash/cube/inventory.
BaseMod.ini default settings changed to enable multiple options.
A PlugY.ini file compatible with BaseMod.ini defaults is now provided.
Update BaseModD2SE to include PlugY 14
Fixes issue where MPQ ini would not work in D2SE.
Fixes BaseMod to allow load extra dlls with D2SE.

BaseMod v1.13.6 update 2

-Fix a bug in [WorldEvent] ItemCode
Thanks to sweetcarolinahoney [TFoD Mod] for reporting issue.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/basemod

Apples841

Post by Apples841 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:09 pm

thank you!!
A PlugY.ini file compatible with BaseMod.ini defaults is now provided.
- [QuestMods] Infinite Quest Rewards from Akara, Charsi, Larzuk and Anya. Npc vendors charge gold, after their quest is complete.
- Option [UniqueNoLimit] is replaced by [PerfectDrops]
are we still able to edit the DifficultyLevels.txt and enable -direct -txt with this? or how would i go about it? (making gambling a bit more beneficial)
Known Issues
4) Ubers are weak. Caused by broken chains, & wrong params in Monstats. Use the fixed
txt files for 1.13c. recomile all the txt to bin files, and update Patch_D2.mpq.
see \TXT\FixedTxt.txt.
has this already been done somewhere? whats the point of weak ubers? (have only played ubers years ago on battlenet)

ghst123
Philippines

Post by ghst123 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:52 pm

SpectralAlgorithm
Philippines

Post by SpectralAlgorithm » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 pm

Hello, I'm quite new here can anyone help? is there any way to get the purple mana orb working with animations?
I've managed to get the life and mana orbs working, I've somewhat ported over D2 Resurrected orbs over to classic.

Code: Select all

data\global\ui\PANEL\LifeOrb.dc6
data\global\ui\PANEL\LifeOrbPoi.dc6
data\global\ui\PANEL\ManaOrb.dc6
Am I missing a file here or it just isn't possible?

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:54 pm

SpectralAlgorithm wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 pm
Hello, I'm quite new here can anyone help? is there any way to get the purple mana orb working with animations?
I've managed to get the life and mana orbs working, I've somewhat ported over D2 Resurrected orbs over to classic.

In D2 there is no file ManaOrb.dc6 but for change mana orb you need make files for each class:
AmaOrb.dc6
AssOrb.dc6
BarOrb.dc6
DruOrb.dc6
NecOrb.dc6
SorOrb.dc6
PalOrb.dc6

You can try to rename your ManaOrb.dc6 for one class on your choise or rename it in every file name to change for all.

SpectralAlgorithm
Philippines

Post by SpectralAlgorithm » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:44 pm

UnclWish wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:54 pm
SpectralAlgorithm wrote:

In D2 there is no file ManaOrb.dc6 but for change mana orb you need make files for each class:
AmaOrb.dc6
AssOrb.dc6
BarOrb.dc6
DruOrb.dc6
NecOrb.dc6
SorOrb.dc6
PalOrb.dc6

You can try to rename your ManaOrb.dc6 for one class on your choise or rename it in every file name to change for all.
That's the thing, I'm aware that it doesn't exist in D2, but the BaseMod readme says it allows for it, you can change it via the BaseMod.ini, having "Class=1" allows this, meanwhile "Class=2" enabled allows for multiple dc6 for different classes (which btw, I don't really need rn)

Anyways, this still doesn't quite answer my question :lol:, is there is a way to get the Mana Orb turning purple on Player State while animated? similar on how (hlthmana.dc6) works, that being, just Animated? I'm assuming it isn't a feature implemented yet?

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:46 am

SpectralAlgorithm wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:44 pm
UnclWish wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:54 pm
SpectralAlgorithm wrote:

AmaOrb.dc6
AssOrb.dc6
BarOrb.dc6
DruOrb.dc6
NecOrb.dc6
SorOrb.dc6
PalOrb.dc6

That's the thing, I'm aware that it doesn't exist in D2, but the BaseMod readme says it allows for it, you can change it via the BaseMod.ini, having "Class=1" allows this, meanwhile "Class=2" enabled allows for multiple dc6 for different classes (which btw, I don't really need rn)

Anyways, this still doesn't quite answer my question :lol:, is there is a way to get the Mana Orb turning purple on Player State while animated? similar on how (hlthmana.dc6) works, that being, just Animated? I'm assuming it isn't a feature implemented yet?
Well, I have the same wish as yours, but it seems to me there is no way to implement. Currently you have to disable animated orbs to enable purple mana orb, and that's what I did in my mod. You can't combine them.

maxmage
Paladin

Post by maxmage » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:49 pm

quick question im modding 1.1.3c and i cant play my mod correctly with the data file it doesnt load base mod mpq unless i use d2patch.mpq

any ideas
power is only limited by understanding hence its possible to attain power far more powerful then unlimited or infinity
but if you cant comprehend such power
then such power is not possible for that individual....

well guys here is the asnwer to why you never get answer to your modding questions that have to do with features of other mods.
Myhrginoc wrote:The game does read bin files, but it is no trivial task. We haven't pursued the technique, it would be a huge chunk of code. And we repect the wishes of mod makers who don't include changed txt files because that would give away their secrets.

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:05 am

Any plans to adapting mod for DII Resurrected?

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:04 pm

@maxmage

I think that is ok, you need to use d2patch.mpq because basemod.mpq only contains some things only related to stash, inventory, cube and merc as I know.

@UnclWish

This mod has CE, that will not happen for D2R for sure.

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 pm

Texalic wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:04 pm
@UnclWish

Why? D2R lets play in offline. So CE can be used for offline playing.

Whaag
Germany

Post by Whaag » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 pm

UnclWish wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 pm
Texalic wrote:
@UnclWish

No. It's semi-offline. You still have to start the game from the launcher and it will connect to the battlenet services. Some people couldn't even play with their offline chars after launch. So BaseMod will not happen in d2r

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:01 am

Whaag wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 pm
UnclWish wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 pm
Texalic wrote:
@UnclWish

No. It's semi-offline. You still have to start the game from the launcher and it will connect to the battlenet services. Some people couldn't even play with their offline chars after launch. So BaseMod will not happen in d2r
Allready exists emulators for batle.net servers. F.e. zloemu.
They lets play D2R offline without battle.bet launcher at all. So this is not a problem.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”