[Unsupported] Path of Exile Currency Mod/Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

[Unsupported] Path of Exile Currency Mod/Plugin

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:49 pm

Please note I will no longer be supporting the mod due to how many bugs and issues are, I don't have the time to work both on this and Paradox. However I will eventually be making a guide to creating the currencies yourself.

I forgot to put it in the readme, but you must also add in the new lines found in Itemtypes.txt

As the title says, this mod adds Path of Exile Currency to the game! From Transmutation Orbs to Mirrors, these items are incredibly rare and will more often then not be difficult to find in comparison to Path of Exile itself due to their potential power. It also functions as an open (softcoded) plugin, allowing you to easily integrate it to your own mod! Full instructions for installing this as a regular mod, a d2se mod, or as a plugin for your own mod, as well as a detailed list of all new features, can be found in the .zip's README.txt.

Good luck and enjoy!

CREDITS:

Alpha One for their work converting Path of Exile art into dc6
sandwich for additional help converting more images from Path of Exile
Haaven for the D2SE banner art.
Phrozen Keep for all its amazing resources for modding <3
and Blizzard North for making an awesome game!
Last edited by Lady Isabelle on Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.

bangbose

Re: [Mod Release] Path of Exile Currency Mod/Plugin

Post by bangbose » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:14 am

Awesome!

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:01 pm

I released a new update - v1.1.0!

CHANGELOG:

Fixed a typo that caused an Orb of Prophecy with Thorns to not give its intended effect
Increased Stash Size to 10x10 units. The inventory remains unchanged.

Removed deprecated Incubator strings in patchstring.tbl.

Added notes in Cubemain.txt for deprecated recipes, and points of interest for large fields.

Fixed a bug that would cause some recipes to incorrectly try to unsocket items.

Fixed a bug where the Orb of Augmentation and Exalted Orb Torso and Weapon affixes were unintentionally swapped.

Moved the Glassblower’s Bauble from Treasure Class: Potion 6, to Hpotion 6 with a 0.014% chance of dropping. The previous implementation causes it to drop far too often in late Nightmare and Hell.

Increased the potency of Orbs of Prophecy. They no longer require an Orb of Augmentation or Exalted Orb. Description string edited accordingly.

Orb of Scouring has an additional effect of being able to downgrade multiple items of the same rarity into a currency! Description string edited accordingly.

Conversion Ratio:
6 Magic Items + Orb of Scouring -> Orb of Alteration
6 Rare Items + Orb of Scouring -> Chaos Orb
6 Unique Items + Orb of Scouring -> Blessed Orb
6 Set Items + Orb of Scouring -> Divine Orb
6 Crafted Items + Orb of Scouring -> Demon Orb
6 White/Grey Items + Orb of Scouring -> Orb of Fusing

Demon Orbs now mimic more closely to Path of Exile. While requiring you to cube an item twice, it will now have a chance to also ‘Brick’ an item by making it Rare. This is done by applying a dummy stat first, 1-100, and then another cube recipe to decide the final result.

Demon Orbs have an increased chance of something actually happening, for better or worse.

Demon Orb bonuses are now their vanilla counterparts, rather than being based on the time of day.

Eternal Orbs now apply the MORPHED stat, to prevent you from infinitely stacking the bonus stat in the event you are that incredibly lucky.

Eternal Orb description edited accordingly.

Renamed Essence to Arcane Essence.

Arcane Essence now works on all item types, not just Jewelry.

Arcane Essence description edited accordingly.

Fixed Essences returning gems when they shouldn’t have.

Replaced Arcane Essence’s image with a fitting Blue one.

Blessed and Divine Orbs no longer have the potential of re-rolling to a different unique or set, instead it re-rolls the item itself as intended. This could be exploited, if you had enough Regal Orbs, to make most of the uniques in the game on demand.

Added a new item: Ancient Orb. Re-rolls a Unique or Set item, which can result in changing it to another unique or set identical to how it was before with Blessed and Divine Orbs. Very-rare, now that I’m aware of the exploit.

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:36 am

does the mod actually replace NPC-Player Gold Transactions?
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:33 am

weapon-x wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:36 am
does the mod actually replace NPC-Player Gold Transactions?
Unfortunately no, this just adds the currency items and relatively rare, balancing around vanilla D2LOD.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Wonderful mod and plugin. Just implemented v1.1.1 into my mod, but here are a few things:

- in cubemain.txt, there are typos at lines 415, 426 and 427 - output field usretype instead of usetype
- again, line 380, the 7 same cards recipe, is missing the output field, I think it should be "any,nor"
- again, row 355, mod 1 and 3 fields, line says ltnx, should be ltng
- you forgot to mention in the documentation to also copy the itemtypes.txt file
- in itemtypes.txt, line 106, the Fossil - rune, is unnecessary and a duplicate
- again, line 110, the Incubator, isn't used anywhere else in other files as far as I can tell, maybe I'm wrong on this one
- you mentioned in the documentation, that the other recipes for modifying items are removed, but they are still present in cubemain.txt and working

These are the ones which I found and fixed myself, except for the removed recipes, cause I don't know which ones you wanted to remove.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Tomkomaster wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Wonderful mod and plugin. Just implemented v1.1.1 into my mod, but here are a few things:

- in cubemain.txt, there are typos at lines 415, 426 and 427 - output field usretype instead of usetype
- again, line 380, the 7 same cards recipe, is missing the output field, I think it should be "any,nor"
- again, row 355, mod 1 and 3 fields, line says ltnx, should be ltng
- you forgot to mention in the documentation to also copy the itemtypes.txt file
- in itemtypes.txt, line 106, the Fossil - rune, is unnecessary and a duplicate
- again, line 110, the Incubator, isn't used anywhere else in other files as far as I can tell, maybe I'm wrong on this one
- you mentioned in the documentation, that the other recipes for modifying items are removed, but they are still present in cubemain.txt and working

These are the ones which I found and fixed myself, except for the removed recipes, cause I don't know which ones you wanted to remove.
Thank you for the bug reports! I'm currently working on 1.2.0 and i'll fix these shortly. Some of what you mentioned are already fixed.

As for the vanilla cube recipes I readded them back by the request of a friend, but I forgot to update the documentation.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:53 am

Thats ok if you readded them back, but could you tell which ones were disabled? I would like to try out the game without them. Or the older version is without those recipes, cuz I can disable them based on that version.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:59 am

Tomkomaster wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:53 am
Thats ok if you readded them back, but could you tell which ones were disabled? I would like to try out the game without them. Or the older version is without those recipes, cuz I can disable them based on that version.
I don't recall offhand, but v1.0.2 has the cubemain with the deleted recipes that you can compare with!

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 am

Thank you, I've made them based on that older version.

And a question: I don't played Path of Exile much, so I don't know for sure, but was there an orb or something to repair and/or recharge your items? I know there is a recipe for that in Diablo 2. If so, could you add that item into this mod ? If not, I will come up with a recipe of my own or use the existing one in Diablo 2.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Tomkomaster wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 am
Thank you, I've made them based on that older version.

And a question: I don't played Path of Exile much, so I don't know for sure, but was there an orb or something to repair and/or recharge your items? I know there is a recipe for that in Diablo 2. If so, could you add that item into this mod ? If not, I will come up with a recipe of my own or use the existing one in Diablo 2.
There is not, Path of Exile doesn't have durability in the game. I wont be adding it in myself, but you could make a recipe with the Whetstone/Armorer scrap. Should mention I'm completely changing the recipes for that too, going to be finishing the update by the end of the day.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:47 pm

V1.2.0 Final

Re-added all vanilla recipes. This was an undocumented change in v1.1.1
Fixed some cube recipes that didn’t work on Normal items, but would work on damaged and superior items.
Fixed Perfect Fossils only granting Sorceress Skills.
Fixed Fractured Fossils giving Double Throw when struck, replaced with Glacial Spike.
Fixed a typo that caused Hollow Fossils to not add Lightning Damage to items.
FOSSILS USED stat now displays all the way at the top.
FOSSILS USED renamed to X / 6 FOSSILS USED.
Removed deprecated item types in itemtypes.txt. Modders using this as a plugin should remove line 106 and 116 if you haven’t already.
Fixed some Arcane Essences giving no or incorrect affixes to Amulets and Charms.
Fixed Arcane Essences giving a weaker than intended Cold Damage prefix to Magic Weapons.
Mirrors now only work on equipable items.
Fixed Mirrors not corrupting both items.
Added a check to stop Jeweler’s Orbs from adding a socket to an item that has sockets already.
Anullment Orb ,Regal Orbs and Orbs of Scouring now state that they cannot be used with corrupted items.

Added a new item. Engineer Orb. Generates a random item. 3 variants. Common Uncommon and Rare.
Strongbox: Contains 1-3 currency.
Armorer’s Strongbox: Contains 1-3 Armorer’s Scrap
Blacksmith’s Strongbox: Contains 1-3 Blacksmith Whetstones
Gemcutter’s Strongbox: Contains 1-3 Gems.
Jeweler’s Strongbox: Contains a Ring, Amulet, or Jewel.

Cards now work, and have reworked rewards. You can combine 3 or 5 to get a lesser reward instead of 7. They also drop slightly more often, but are still very rare.

The potential results are, based on the card quantity (3,5,7 respectively):

The Peasant: 3 Rare Normal, Exceptional, or Elite Weapons.

The Knight: 3 Rare Normal, Exceptional, or Elite Armors.

The Dragon: 3 Rare Rings, Amulets, or Jewels.

The Blacksmith: 3 Magic Normal, Exceptional, or Elite Weapons.

The Wizard: 3 Magical Normal, Exceptional, or Elite Armors.

The Maiden: 3 Large, Grand, or Small Charms.

The King: 1 Normal, Exceptional, or Elite unique weapon

The Nymph: 1 Normal, Exceptional, or Elite unique armor

The Lord: 1 Normal, Exceptional, or Elite set weapon

The Mother: 1 Normal, Exceptional, or Elite set armor.

The Father: 1 Currency, 1 Prophecy Orb, or 1 Fossil.

Added new item: Veiled Essence. Identical to an Arcane Essence but for rares instead.
Arcane Essence is slightly more common.

Added a new item: Orb of Binding. Target normal item is now Morphed and Corrupted rare item with up to 4 sockets. ilvl99. Very-rare.

Added a new item: Orb of Horizons. Upgrade a rune to the next tier. Semi-rare.

Blacksmith Whetstones and Armorer’s Scraps now behave similarly to their PoE counterparts and are much more common. Each use on any item increases the item’s defense/damage by 1%, 5% for normal items, stacking up to 20%. A display stat, called X / WHETSTONES/SCRAPS USED will appear on the item. They are no longer used in converting into higher currencies.

Added a new item. Hoadric Treasure. Found from the gold treasure classes, sells for a high amount of gold to vendors. Has no other purpose. Perandus Coin sprite. Rare.

Added a new item: Harbinger’s Orb. Upgrades a currency to a rarer one. Only certain currencies can be upgraded (see conversion ratio for possible results).

Added new items: Alchemy, Alteration, Transmutation, Ancient, Annulment, Binding, Chaos, Exalted, Harbringer, Horizon, Mirror, Engineer and Regal Shards. They drop uncommonly from enemies. Combine 7 together to make their respective currency.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:16 am

Fantastic work, will test it out when I get home from work. However, I did a quick look at it and noticed the card quantities are incorrect in cubemain.txt. Every single card recipe says it needs 7 quantity, even those whose should be 5 and 3.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 am

Tomkomaster wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:16 am
Fantastic work, will test it out when I get home from work. However, I did a quick look at it and noticed the card quantities are incorrect in cubemain.txt. Every single card recipe says it needs 7 quantity, even those whose should be 5 and 3.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'll fix it tomorrow morning

flamingfury69
Vietnam

Post by flamingfury69 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Amazing work my dude!
But next times you should include image and video into your post, it's could be better :D

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Is it intentional that there is no recipe for veiled essence + rare charms? There are for arcane essence + magic charms.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:00 am

Tomkomaster wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 pm
Is it intentional that there is no recipe for veiled essence + rare charms? There are for arcane essence + magic charms.
Yes, because there are no rare charms in vanilla. You will need to add those in yourself.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:15 am

If anyone is using this on v 1.10 of Diablo and is having troubles getting it to work, please let me know.

prawn
Paladin
Great Britain

Post by prawn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:15 am

wow well done for your hard work

ArchonOne

Re: [Unsupported] Path of Exile Currency Mod/Plugin

Post by ArchonOne » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Just wanted to say really quickly, I'm loving this mod so much, it is what makes me want to continue playing :).

Played a lot of path of diablo recently, but have always been a fan of the single-player experience with static maps and PlugY. Some of their content doesn't work in singleplayer due to server vs client file inconsistencies so I had to find an alternative, and after some helpful pointers from the creator of PoD I was refered here. I can honestly say however i'd've never found this on my own, I didn't even know this site had so many awesome mods.

One question though, how does one get a Chisel? Is it just a regular drop like all the orbs etc? The readme only covers so much

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”