[Mod Release] The Sh*tfest Mod

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

[Mod Release] The Sh*tfest Mod

Post by Lady Isabelle » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:28 am

Be sure to also check out me & Ogodei's Mod, Paradox! Out now!: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=66578

So to my surprise a mod that I made in 5 seconds as a gimmick for a streamer who got drunk made this mod fairly popular. It's now being speedran and even being considered by some to run a holy grail with! o_o So with that in mind I decided to push one final update and host it on Phrozen Keep for all to see.

The Sh*tfest mod is literally just the Monster Density set to 10% chance to spawn a monster per tile and up to 99 boss/champion packs. In addition, some areas that previously could spawn enemies really close to you now spawn a bit further away to give you a fair chance. All monster types will now spawn as well, so there is no reason to restart the game if you find souls. You're putting up with them no matter what.

Here is a download link, readme is within the zip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jgsd27 ... sp=sharing

D2SE Modplugin, setup thanks to BlazerFlamewing <3 https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc9i671ozpwfu ... E.zip?dl=0

Video tutorial made by Nightfall <3

Enjoy!
Last edited by Lady Isabelle on Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cotton_Candy_Randy
Denmark

Re: [Mod Release] The Sh*tfest Mod

Post by Cotton_Candy_Randy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 am

Hello i am a boomer and is there any chance of a Youtube guide on how to install it so it works with Plugy? I tried for 3 hours just now and i just can't get it to work :P I would get really happy if you could do so and i am sure a lot of other people are in my position :( Thanks a lot for making cool mods hope i can try it out soon because it looks really fun :)

moscitor
Germany

Post by moscitor » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:36 pm

45 kb? is there a modification in its file?
There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm

moscitor wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:36 pm
45 kb? is there a modification in its file?
Try reading the post again and you'll figure out why.

MrEQ
Norway

Post by MrEQ » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Hi Lady Isabelle,

Thanks so much for making this mod! I'm very eager to try it, but I'm having some trouble with the installation process over PlugY (without D2SE), and I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm almost certain I'm very close, but there's only some small detail I've missed. I apologize in advance if it's a "this was in the manual" sort of problem, but I believe it's not.

So first things first, I started with a fresh install of D2 (1.13c) with PlugY. Nothing else. Opened the game, PlugY works, so all is clean from here.

I put the SH*TFEST folder into the "Diablo II" folder, and set "-w -direct -txt" as instructed. PlugY still works, but there's no SH*TFEST.

I figured, well, I'm launching D2 from "DiabloII\Mod PlugY\PlugY.exe", so instead, I put the SH*TFEST folder inside "Diablo II\Mod PlugY" instead. Again, PlugY works, but no SH*TFEST.

Now, I can flip this around, and make SH*TFEST work, by doing that step in the instructions, where you change the "Start in" parameter to be the SH*TFEST folder. If I do this, I do get SH*TFEST (!), but now PlugY doesn't work.

So like I said, I feel like I'm on the verge of getting it to work, but adding "\SH*TFEST" to the "Start in" parameter nullifies PlugY.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. I've cencored the word SH*T everywhere, as it was done in the title, and I assume that it was done for good reason. I do of course use full profanity on my own computer. The folders aren't ACTUALLY named SH*TFEST with an asterisk :D

MrEQ
Norway

Post by MrEQ » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:46 pm

Sorry if anyone spent time reading that. The solution was, as I assumed, pretty close.

Instead of copying the SH*TFEST folder into "Mod PlugY", instead copy the "data" folder from inside "SH*TFEST", and put that in there instead.

Then do NOT edit the "Start in" field. It will then read/write to and from the data folder as expected, and both PlugY and SH*TFEST will be enabled.

Thanks again for this mod, Lady Isabelle! Good one for venting some frustration after a long day :D

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Woo hoo, it's like a modern version of Slaughtermod (1.09 mod)
Awesome work, thanks a lot

user1047x
United States of America

Post by user1047x » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:09 am

being just 1 modified txt, it's a neat idea, but for me i have built a full body mod along the same story line, that goes full monsters at insane levels, just saying...

Whaag
Germany

Post by Whaag » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:42 pm

user1047x wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:09 am
being just 1 modified txt, it's a neat idea, but for me i have built a full body mod along the same story line, that goes full monsters at insane levels, just saying...
:thumb: Great

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:03 am

Hi! Unfortunately I lost the download link awhile ago, if anyone has the original mod in it's state please contact me.

andsimo
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Christmas Island

Post by andsimo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 pm

mods observer

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”